Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    Yeah, we're tracking, @monroe-somebody! I can't imagine that more than one of you would want to hang here anyway. It just isn't big enough for multiple Monroes. B)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @oldfarmer50,
    Are you in some kind of witness protection program? ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

Kirstie_H said:

Kirstie_H said:

Could you try to log in again - the same way you previously logged in, and got the password message? To my knowledge, that is not a message anywhere in our system.

I tried to log on the same way I used to but I get a blank page.
    Snake, I mean the new way - Log out, then click the "Log In or Register" button found on forums.edmunds.com. Then, click "sign in" on the pop up, way down at the bottom of the pop-up. Enter your email address associated with your original account, and the password you chose when registering for Insider with that email. THEN, let me know the exact wording of any error message you get.

OK I kept getting that same no account associated with the email message. I tried everything, going to the full site, clearing out my browser history, cookies and everything but nothing worked. Then several hours later Edmund's sent me an email with a link to continue my registration (A big thanks to PF Flyer who got my email changed). So now I am back, but why did it take so long to get that email?

Handsome as ever, snake.

Well I'm not. Still sunburned but that started before the switch over. If I used my old email, that was also wrong eventhough I tried to change it many times over the years, I would not have recevied the confirmation email with the link to complete my Insider Account. This new monster has not been close to what it was supposed to be, at least not for me, but I'm not the least bit surprised. The reverse would have surprised me.

jmonroe

Perhaps PF_Flyer or Kirstie can help you out jmonroe.  I need to have you happy and spunky again - mods please help jmonroe with this! 

FWIW, I don't need help...I need looked after. :'(

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    I just went back into my profile page and that field with the email address is no longer there. Maybe it got removed as part of this switchover?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I guess I'll be eligible for pull forward from mid November onward, unless they change the 6 payment scheme. Still not sure what I want to do - if I can buy out this car at a reasonable price, I probably will, if not, I have a world of options.

@fintail - ready to start shopping when you are!

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    ab348 said:

I just went back into my profile page and that field with the email address is no longer there. Maybe it got removed as part of this switchover?

Ya think? :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559

@oldfarmer50,
    Are you in some kind of witness protection program? ;)

No but if you guys knew who I really am the requests for autographs would take up too much of my time. :o

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

jmonroe
    You got your flattened red face back again......and 16 years around here, with just 4 posts :p !

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
     Welcome to the forums then hood, Ha ha ha enjoyed reading everything on this current page hope everyone’s doing well. Job interview went well on Tuesday just see if we hear back, have to keep at it. Have a good day everyone. 
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    edited August 2018
    driver100 said:
    Ya think? :o jmonroe
    You got your flattened red face back again......and 16 years around here, with just 4 posts :p !
    Are you trying to get jmonroe even more upset than he already is?  If so, if it was me, I would slap you with a wreckless endangerment lawsuit!  B)

2021 Genesis G90

• houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2018
    The only way I can even get in is by going incognito, which was suggested by Edmunds, and ironically going incognito shows my name to everyone, which raises all sorts of issues. Now I am getting an email from Edmunds alerting me each time someone makes a post ! I can't delete them fast enough. I have to sign in thru my google acct and use the gmail acct and password, which is different from my old hotmail acct. and password. I am afraid I am doomed !! Heck, what if I had been in a witness protection program.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited August 2018
    @houdini
    It seems like you are the poster boy for things having gone wrong during the change out.

Hope you can get back to your houdini nom de plume.

To turn off those emails, go to the gear symbol, from the flydown menu pick edit profile. Then pick notifications, the second down the list. Turn off the emails for posts.

I recall long ago we had another Monroe here and his accounts got mixed up. He ended up signing back in with a new user name, Sterlingdog. I don't recall his original user name--too many goldfish have swum around the bowl in my head to recall.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited August 2018
    Thx imid, that would seem like a simple solution, but I have no idea how to accomplish it. There doesn't seem to be any way to delete your acct. in settings. Kirstie has been trying to help but no luck so far.
    edited August 2018
    If you are at the main forums screen with the box on the right containing your (new) user name, click on the user name to take you to the Profile screen. Click the little box with the head and down arrow in the top right to edit your profile. Then click on the "Notification Preferences" item on the left side to go in there and turn them off.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Houdini,
    If you're saying you're not sure how to do what I suggested to turn off notifications... If you're
    in the right user name for which they're being sent, this may help.

Are you able to see this in the right hand top of the screen you're logged into?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited August 2018
    Dan Hood said:

That would seem like a simple solution, but I have no idea how to accomplish it. Kirstie has been trying to help but no luck so far.

Dan Hood said:

That would seem like a simple solution, but I have no idea how to accomplish it. Kirstie has been trying to help but no luck so far.

ab348 said:

If you are at the main forums screen with the box on the right containing your (new) user name, click on the user name to take you to the Profile screen. Click the little box with the head and down arrow in the top right to edit your profile. Then click on the "Notification Preferences" item on the left side to go in there and turn them off.

Thx AB and Imid, I managed to turn the notifications off, I think !
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    You will know soon enough!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    That's the spot... all those check boxes. As a mod, I've always bookmarked a lot of discussions. ONCE, I tried email notifications. That might work for someone following a single thread they don't want to miss anything in, but if you use it for multiple discussions, or a busy one like this one (or worse yet, multiple threads with busy ones mixed in), it can be an inbox nightmare :)

PF_Flyer said:
    That's the spot... all those check boxes. As a mod, I've always bookmarked a lot of discussions. ONCE, I tried email notifications. That might work for someone following a single thread they don't want to miss anything in, but if you use it for multiple discussions, or a busy one like this one (or worse yet, multiple threads with busy ones mixed in), it can be an inbox nightmare :)
    Sort of like my house phone land line ringing off the hook by scammers and the like.  I just don’t answer that phone any more.

2021 Genesis G90

stickguy said:

You will know soon enough!

Looks like it worked.
    What happened to the old discussions? Are "Classic Cars" and "News & Events" just gone now?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    fintail said:
    What happened to the old discussions? Are "Classic Cars" and "News & Events" just gone now?
    Did you try clicking your heels 3 times and reciting the proper latin passage?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Right where they've always been

Also over on the right side drop downs

I worded that poorly. The forums are there, but I can't find any discussions on them from the past several days. They all show closed threads or threads that have been idle for some time. Did a setting change?
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    qbrozen said:
    fintail said:
    Did you try clicking your heels 3 times and reciting the proper latin passage?
    Yeah just make sure you get that Latin passage right, last time I tried that I ended up on a farm in Kansas.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Wait a minute Houdini - aren't you supposed to be an escape artist ;) Seriously, what a hassle that will probably be a pain to resolve.
    That's where I am now. Did Edmunds have to go thru the FISA COURT to unmask me?
    Now that I look, it seems the default sorting changed. I find newer discussions in the middle of the list. Gotta find a way to fix that.
    Aha, I went and browsed by Classic Cars and I see what you mean. Nice catch! Likely unrelated to the login switch, there is always work going on at Vanilla, so it's possible some setting got flipped. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Really appreciate the extra sets of eyes looking into the corners that we may not look into every day.
    Looking into it. Definitely something about the sorting. It's odd that things like Recent Discussions, Bookmarks, etc. are sorting they way they always have, but inside topics, or make/models, it got wacky.

Again, thanks for catching this. The login stuff had NOTHING to do with our forums software, so this is just an unrelated glitch. Wonderful timing though ;)
    fintail said:

Now that I look, it seems the default sorting changed. I find newer discussions in the middle of the list. Gotta find a way to fix that.

Not a complete workaround, but when you look at the list of discussions tagged "Classic Cars", the list is generally reversed. Oldest discussions on page 1, newest on page 11. Within each page they sort to newest on top

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Dan, I don't know how else to explain it. You're logging in with the wrong email address, which created the new account. You need to log in with your OLD email address to be "Houdini" again.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited August 2018
    Kirstie_H said:

Dan, I don't know how else to explain it. You're logging in with the wrong email address, which created the new account. You need to log in with your OLD email address to be "Houdini" again.

When I try to do that, it says there is already an acct. under my old name. I did find the confirmation letter that I was supposed to click on and send back in my junk mail file today. I clicked and sent it back, but nothing changed. It was probably me who screwed this up and I am not blaming Edmunds, just trying to fix it. Thx for helping !

I can log into insider normally, but when I go to forums it says "Howdy Stranger" and asks me to log into the forum. That is where it just runs me in a circle.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited August 2018
    abacomike said:

I filled the tank of the S450 yesterday at Costco.  I paid $305.9 a gallon for PUG.  That price is about 20 cents a gallon cheaper than any gas station within 5 miles of where I live.  I thought gasoline prices were dropping but I guess I was wrong.  

Between higher gas prices, higher food prices, etc.  I suspect inflation is increasing even with the rise in interest rates.  I wonder if we’ll see higher prices on imported new cars and SUV’s.  Much is dependent on the price of steel and aluminum as well as pending tariffs on imported cars.  Time will tell.

I think you can count on all of that happening. None of it is good!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Thanks again to everyone for letting us know when things seem amiss. It's always very helpful to have folks who are using the site on a daily basis on the lookout. I may work here, but I don't get everywhere as often as the combined group does.

The sorting issue is being caused by an issue with the tagging which is what the sorts are based on. Nothing at all to do with the login. It's been reported to the people who take care of those issues.

For now, if you're looking for discussions on any particular topic or make/model, just remember the newer discussions will be found on the LAST page of discussions until the tagging issue is resolved.

Make use of those Bookmarks by clicking that star at the top on the discussion page to make it gold and then you can click My Discussions to follow your list of Bookmarks. (which will be sorted by latest post, as usual)

Vanilla has been really good about these things for us, so the fix shouldn't take too long. Thanks for bearing with us!
    edited August 2018
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

Are you trying to get jmonroe even more upset than he already is?  If so, if it was me, I would slap you with a wreckless endangerment lawsuit!
      B)

He must be really upset. I know he is around because he did an lol. But he hasn't posted. The mods should visit him at home and give him a free honorary fix-up.

I don't do house calls ;)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Ok, so I screwed up. I tried to sign up as an insider under a new email. I got an email confirmation. Then I backtracked and tried to use the old AOL email to sign in that I haven’t looked at in YEARS. It won’t let me. I get the same message as @houdini1. Should I just sign up as a new user with a new email or is there a chance at redemption?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

PF_Flyer said:

We have to get JM fixed up. How am I supposed to fall asleep at night if he can't write his long posts?

Dan Hood said:
    I am trying this as a test post !
    And who did you used to be on here?
    houdini1--Now I have been fully exposed !!
    Houdini, I am impressed!  To allow the variables in life to expose you to the world as “Dan Hood” is magnanimous!  This feels like a “James Bond” Novel where code names are revealed.   :D
    Wait, does that mean when I log out and log back in my actual name will appear instead of oldfarmer50? That would be a real invasion of privacy for those who wish to remain anonymous. Hope I'm misunderstanding.
    You are - misunderstood!   :D

2021 Genesis G90

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    edited August 2018
    PF_Flyer said:
    Rats I was going to ask if you could do a two story tudor.

Do you do bird calls?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Just got a text from my son.  They arrived at DFW and have just boarded their Ft. Lauderdale flight.  Can’t wait to see them.

2021 Genesis G90

nyccarguy said:

Ok, so I screwed up. I tried to sign up as an insider under a new email. I got an email confirmation. Then I backtracked and tried to use the old AOL email to sign in that I haven’t looked at in YEARS. It won’t let me. I get the same message as @houdini1. Should I just sign up as a new user with a new email or is there a chance at redemption?

If anyone is experiencing issues that they want/need resolved, PLEASE use help@edmunds.com. It's easier to manage everything in one place rather than checking all over for problems. Thanks! We'll get these sorted out.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    nyccarguy said:

Please email help@edmunds.com. I can't keep checking/troubleshooting multiple places. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

driver100 said:

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

Are you trying to get jmonroe even more upset than he already is?  If so, if it was me, I would slap you with a wreckless endangerment lawsuit!
      B)

He must be really upset. I know he is around because he did an lol. But he hasn't posted. The mods should visit him at home and give him a free honorary fix-up.

I'm not upset, I'm just trying to decide the best way to get even. Stay tuned, I think I found a way.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    PF_Flyer said:

Aha, I went and browsed by Classic Cars and I see what you mean. Nice catch! Likely unrelated to the login switch, there is always work going on at Vanilla, so it's possible some setting got flipped. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Really appreciate the extra sets of eyes looking into the corners that we may not look into every day.

They added chocolate chips, and nobody told us! :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited August 2018
    nyccarguy said:

Hey, that's what I was thinking about doing. Edmunds doesn't care about a member having a valid email, they just want one. How are they going to get redemption if you keep creating new accounts with bogus emails, passwords and user names? Like an old boss used to say when you try to get someone to fix a system that isn't working and they don't..."keep using it until it breaks". Sounds good to me.

EDIT: I don't expect this post to last very long, so hurry up and read it.

jmonroe

jmonroe1 said:

I'm not upset, I'm just trying to decide the best way to get even. Stay tuned, I think I found a way.

jmonroe

You're really confusing us now. Is this post from the real jmonroe as in the signature or the imposter jmonroe1 as in the header?

It must be from the imposter as it is short and sweet. :D