Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Envoy--Headlight problems and possible fix

kage612kage612 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in GMC

To all the people that are having problems with headlights not working on their 2004 (and I imagine other years as well) Envoy the fix is simple. There is a fuse box under the hood. Look in your owners manual and look for 'headlight control module.' It should be 45 in the book. To make sure that's the problem, swap out 46 with 45. They are the same. If your lights work, then you know it's the module. Most auto part stores don't have them, but I got one at the dealer for just under $60. FYI, it's also called a headlight relay. Hope this helps!

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Thanks Kage for tip! We appreciate it!

I'll amend the header to your post so that more Envoy owners will spot it!

Host

• Options
    GunnyjimGunnyjim Member Posts: 2
    My problem is that the left headlight low beam is out I replaced the bulb, checked fuses with an ohm meter to no avail. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I guess you 'll have to trace wiring from the bulb back to the fuse box and look for a break. Do you have voltage to the bulb socket? If you do, that's not enough. You have to do a voltage drop test, which you can learn about on YouTube if you don't know how to do that.

• Options
    GunnyjimGunnyjim Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for this car?