Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Tires lose pressure with temp change.

cbarlowcbarlow Member Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in GMC
Every time the temperature drops even 10 degrees, I have to air up my tires. I have Cooper Touring [255/60R19] tires. I have had them checked multiple times; the tires have been taken off and resealed, the valves have been replaced but they can't find a reason for it. Does anyone else have this issue? I need to get new tires and I don't want to have to go thru this issue with another set of tires. Thanks for any help you might have on this issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    cbarlow said:

Every time the temperature drops even 10 degrees, I have to air up my tires. I have Cooper Touring [255/60R19] tires. I have had them checked multiple times; the tires have been taken off and resealed, the valves have been replaced but they can't find a reason for it. Does anyone else have this issue? I need to get new tires and I don't want to have to go thru this issue with another set of tires. Thanks for any help you might have on this issue.

Air expands as temperature increases, and contracts as it decreases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cbarlowcbarlow Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx: Yes it does, but it doesn't cause tire pressure to drop 10 lbs.
  • Options
    mrjohnsmittmrjohnsmitt Member Posts: 1