Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best Price for buying premium plus

sgudivakasgudivaka Member Posts: 17
edited October 2018 in Audi
I liked the 2018 A4 model but since the '19 model is right around the corner(Nov 12th), I'm in a dilemma which one to go with. Also, I need this car only for 2 years from now after which I'm moving out of the US. So, the best deal for me is one that costs me the least money at the end of 2 years.

https://www.audioffers.com/new-england/new/Audi/2018-Audi-A4-440284a00a0e0a6b2860088fb0397bdd.htm

-----
Highest discount I got: 10% off MSRP
Audi Financial Services Rebate: 2500

-----
Highest discount I got: 6% off MSRP(is it usually this low?)
Audi Financial Services Rebate: (usually lesser for newer vehicles)?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    sgudivaka said:

I liked the 2018 A4 model but since the '19 model is right around the corner(Nov 12th), I'm in a dilemma which one to go with. Also, I need this car only for 2 years from now after which I'm moving out of the US. So, the best deal for me is one that costs me the least money at the end of 2 years.

https://www.audioffers.com/new-england/new/Audi/2018-Audi-A4-440284a00a0e0a6b2860088fb0397bdd.htm

-----
    Highest discount I got: 10% off MSRP
    Audi Financial Services Rebate: 2500

-----
    Highest discount I got: 6% off MSRP(is it usually this low?)
    Audi Financial Services Rebate: (usually lesser for newer vehicles)?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

6% off a new model is pretty standard for an Audi.

Why not do a 2 year lease, if you know you have to get rid of the car in two years?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sgudivakasgudivaka Member Posts: 17
    Well, My current visa validity is until Jan 2020 and I need to apply for extension as early as next year April. USCIS just takes a lottery and if you're lucky, you get it. So, car dealers are usually not comfortable to deal with uncertainty.
    sgudivaka said:

Well, My current visa validity is until Jan 2020 and I need to apply for extension as early as next year April. USCIS just takes a lottery and if you're lucky, you get it. So, car dealers are usually not comfortable to deal with uncertainty.

Ahh.. So, you are paying cash?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Financing 10k from Audi Financing Services(to get the 2500 bonus) and the remaining from a credit union :)
    sgudivaka said:

Financing 10k from Audi Financing Services(to get the 2500 bonus) and the remaining from a credit union :)

So, they'll loan you money for longer than your visa, but they won't lease you the vehicle? Weird

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2018
    I'm going to pay the loan of 10k through Audi right away and for the bigger loan with the credit union I found, they don't care about my visa lol
    sgudivaka said:

I'm going to pay the loan of 10k through Audi right away and for the bigger loan with the credit union I found, they don't care about my visa lol

Okay... good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks but can you tell me what you think about the deal? I was able to actually stretch it to 12% but that's the max
    sgudivaka said:

Thanks but can you tell me what you think about the deal? I was able to actually stretch it to 12% but that's the max

12% off plus the rebate? Or including the rebate?

If it's plus the rebate, that's a great deal

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator