Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

08 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid - problems

Ericntasha5Ericntasha5 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2018 in Chevrolet
I have had multiple issues with this vehicle. I have replaced the engine to the tune of $7k. I have replaced spark plugs like theyre going out of style. My latest issue, on a trip home i got service hybrid system on the display, the car shut down, i let it reset, restarted it and it was fine....now it wont start, i have all my lights. can listen to radio, use dvd, heated seats, sun roof...all of it except when i go to start it, nada. I replaced 12v battery without change. The only code it throws is P0AC4.....any ideas? Just want to trade it at this point. Its worth a whopping 4k new engine and all and im done sinking big money into this to be able to drive it for 6 mos and sink more big money into it.

Comments

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    That is a PCM code that sets when a failure is detected by the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module. You need to go to the hybrid controller and access the codes set there to continue.
  • Options
    Is there an easy way to do that? Sorry not a mechanic and i know little to nothing about vehicles. 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

Is there an easy way to do that? Sorry not a mechanic and i know little to nothing about vehicles. 

No... you need a mechanic

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Figured as much :/ 
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    More precise you need a technician who has studied more and invested in tooling beyond than the average technician in order to be ready to competently address hybrid vehicle, hgh voltage system issues.
  • Options
    Yes thata what they said when the deslership i got it from didnt have any hybrid techs and i had to pay to have it towed to one that did. Now it displays the hybrid battery code :/ so thats great