Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

can you give opinion on this deal I'm getting on RR sport 2019

YukonjackYukonjack Member Posts: 5
edited February 2019 in Land Rover
2019 Range Rover sport HSE v6 supercharged
state of colorado
msrp $82,000
cap cost $80,105
3.87% 'cost of money'
residual $47,264
I'm confused on cost of money vs money factor vs apr

Comments

• Options
    forgot to add I'd be paying $3,000 down
  • Options
    argh, and forgot to add that it is a 15,000 mile per year (wife drives too much)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Yukonjack said:

2019 Range Rover sport HSE v6 supercharged
    state of colorado
    msrp $82,000
    cap cost $80,105
    3.87% 'cost of money'
    residual $47,264
    I'm confused on cost of money vs money factor vs apr

Yukonjack said:

forgot to add I'd be paying $3,000 down

Yukonjack said:

argh, and forgot to add that it is a 15,000 mile per year (wife drives too much)

What lease term?

Cost of money looks to be a term to confuse the buyer. If I divide that by 2400 to get the MF, it is .00158.

For the RRS HSE, I don't see .00158 as a MF for any term. The closest I see is .00156 for 33 months.

Ask the dealer for the specific MF they are using; if they continue to use a %, they might be using a 3rd party financial institution.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sorry for late reply - 36 month term. I'm using a broker so yes I'm betting he can shop financing. I think many people don't have the time or patience to try and squeeze every last dollar out when buying a car so if I know I'm getting at least a solid deal, I can feel better. Ha! GREATLY appreciate your time and expertise.
  • Options
    Yukonjack said:

sorry for late reply - 36 month term. I'm using a broker so yes I'm betting he can shop financing. I think many people don't have the time or patience to try and squeeze every last dollar out when buying a car so if I know I'm getting at least a solid deal, I can feel better. Ha! GREATLY appreciate your time and expertise.

Why pay a broker if you're doing your own research on this website?

And, RR dealers are famous (notorious?) for marking up the MF and not giving big discounts from sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    good to know about rr dealers. same feedback that I got from a friend. I hate the car buying process. again, thanks for your knowledge and insight.
  • Options
    Yukonjack said:

good to know about rr dealers. same feedback that I got from a friend. I hate the car buying process. again, thanks for your knowledge and insight.

If you hate the process, avoid RR. You'll want to commit a felony when it's all said and done.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator