Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Colorado seat belt problems

trucktroubles2011ctrucktroubles2011c Member Posts: 3
edited March 2019 in Chevrolet
What causes the intermittent seat belt on 2011 chevy colorado.Put a new battery in ,no light instability till a week later.Suggestions,can I change the drivers side seat belt buckle with one from the back seat?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Thank you for confirmation.I will grab one at the Pick nPull.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well it *might* fix the problem but also look for bad connectors or bad wiring under the seat while you're down there. And you might want to disconnect the battery, too for at least one hour before working. You may have to take the seat out.

I would still encourage you to hook up a scan tool.
  • Options
    What kind of scan tool would you suggest?
  • Options
    MR166MR166 Member Posts: 1
    I just fixed the intermittent problem with my drivers side seat belt indicator. The switch that detects if the belt is buckled or not was not working due to lint and crud buildup. I removed the plastic cover from the latch and blew the lint away. It is now working. The cover separates easily but some tabs break in the process and it has to be glued back together. It might be possible to blow the debris out of the switch without removing the cover using an air hose.