Real-World Trade-In Values

1104810491051105310541091

Comments

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,162
    What model is it? C? E? GLC?

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    GLC.
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    It's a 2017 Benz GLC 300 AWD 4 Matic. CPO
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    Interested  in a vehicle. It's a 2017 Benz in Omaha Nebraska. My Zip is 68147. Credit score between 720-50. MSRP $37988. Selling at $36973. Comes with 18k miles. The on-site payment calculator is figured with my down payment of 6% ($2200 down) over 72 months, with $556/month before additional taxes. Vin #WDC0G4KB2HF191909

    I didn't see the point in dropping a large sum for a down payment. No trade-in. But what sort of wiggle room could I negotiate here?


    They paid $31,750 on 4/30 at the Milwaukee auction. 

    It is not an unreasonable ask for CPO. But, here’s the thing... as a normal retail vehicle, I’d suggest $35k TOPS for it. How much is that 1 extra year of warranty worth to you?

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,834
    Just as importantly, are you sure you want to make $556 payments on a nine-year-old vehicle with the reliability of a Chrysler, Mini, or Kia?
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    qbrozen said:
    Interested  in a vehicle. It's a 2017 Benz in Omaha Nebraska. My Zip is 68147. Credit score between 720-50. MSRP $37988. Selling at $36973. Comes with 18k miles. The on-site payment calculator is figured with my down payment of 6% ($2200 down) over 72 months, with $556/month before additional taxes. Vin #WDC0G4KB2HF191909

    I didn't see the point in dropping a large sum for a down payment. No trade-in. But what sort of wiggle room could I negotiate here?


    They paid $31,750 on 4/30 at the Milwaukee auction. 

    It is not an unreasonable ask for CPO. But, here’s the thing... as a normal retail vehicle, I’d suggest $35k TOPS for it. How much is that 1 extra year of warranty worth to you?

    I'd have to go back and check the info on the warranty. How long would you recommend me stretching the warranty? I probably wouldn't put more than 12k miles a year on it.
    The $35k tops is understandable!
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    steine13 said:
    Just as importantly, are you sure you want to make $556 payments on a nine-year-old vehicle with the reliability of a Chrysler, Mini, or Kia?
    I didn't know that they were unreliable..😮
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXMember Posts: 3,261
    edited May 2019


    steine13 said:

    Just as importantly, are you sure you want to make $556 payments on a nine-year-old vehicle with the reliability of a Chrysler, Mini, or Kia?

    I didn't know that they were unreliable..😮

    -=-=-=-=-=-=- end quoted material=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

    I don't know that they are particularly unreliable. But ... any 9 year old car is more likely to give you trouble than an average new car. And you should be able to get a better interest rate on a new car loan, and automatically have a 36/36 or better warranty.

    $556 a month for 6 years, that means 5.5 years from now, you will have a 14 year old car and still be making payments of $556 a month. Have you really thought this through?

    2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2013 Ford F150 XL
  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 2,902
    edited May 2019
    steine13 said:

    Just as importantly, are you sure you want to make $556 payments on a nine-year-old vehicle with the reliability of a Chrysler, Mini, or Kia?

    I'd rank a Kia a level above the other two.

    21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT

  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaMember Posts: 15,158
    edited May 2019
    henryn said:


    I didn't know that they were unreliable..😮

    -=-=-=-=-=-=- end quoted material=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

    I don't know that they are particularly unreliable. But ... any 9 year old car is more likely to give you trouble than an average new car. And you should be able to get a better interest rate on a new car loan, and automatically have a 36/36 or better warranty.

    $556 a month for 6 years, that means 5.5 years from now, you will have a 14 year old car and still be making payments of $556 a month. Have you really thought this through?

    2017, so not quite *that* old, but point taken.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 5,875
    Well, I for one think it sounds like a good deal for a nice car, particularly if you can get them down closer to the $35k Q has suggested.  

    Since when is buying a 2-3 year old luxury vehicle, CPO, for a reasonable $3-5k over auction values such a bad deal?  

    2021 Polestar 2 - 2020 MINI JCW Hardtop - 2021 Volvo XC90

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,298
    What do people think what maintenance budget is reasonable?
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 14,936
    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,834
    >> Since when is buying a 2-3 year old luxury vehicle, CPO, for a reasonable $3-5k over auction values such a bad deal?

    It isn't, and that isn't the problem. Stretching a substantial payment nearly to the vehicle's second decade -- that seems a little sketchy to me.

    You see, @breld, when cars age, things wear out. Not something you're likely to have experienced ;)

    It's clear that @MrHarris183 isn't a gear head. He's asking the right people, which is a smart move.

    If payments until 2025 are a way to smooth out cash flow from some abundant source, great.

    If it's a way to buy a car that's maybe a stretch financially, then I'd respectfully suggest to reconsider. $556 is one heck of a lease payment, with the downside well under control.

    cheers -mathias
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    steine13 said:

    >> Since when is buying a 2-3 year old luxury vehicle, CPO, for a reasonable $3-5k over auction values such a bad deal?

    It isn't, and that isn't the problem. Stretching a substantial payment nearly to the vehicle's second decade -- that seems a little sketchy to me.

    You see, @breld, when cars age, things wear out. Not something you're likely to have experienced ;)

    It's clear that @MrHarris183 isn't a gear head. He's asking the right people, which is a smart move.

    If payments until 2025 are a way to smooth out cash flow from some abundant source, great.

    If it's a way to buy a car that's maybe a stretch financially, then I'd respectfully suggest to reconsider. $556 is one heck of a lease payment, with the downside well under control.

    cheers -mathias

    -Yea I get the math behind the monthly terms multiplied by 'x' years, however isn't this the normal path to acquiring used mid lvl luxury vehicls? Or is there another way to acquire a GLC (or GLE) post 2015 and that doesn't involve paying $500+/month? Please let me know...!

    -No I'm really not a gear head. That's true. I need help.

    _-Affordability isn't the problem for me, I just want to take advantage of any ways to save a few grand on financing this vehicle or a similar one!
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    henryn said:


    steine13 said:

    Just as importantly, are you sure you want to make $556 payments on a nine-year-old vehicle with the reliability of a Chrysler, Mini, or Kia?

    I didn't know that they were unreliable..😮
    -=-=-=-=-=-=- end quoted material=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

    I don't know that they are particularly unreliable. But ... any 9 year old car is more likely to give you trouble than an average new car. And you should be able to get a better interest rate on a new car loan, and automatically have a 36/36 or better warranty.

    $556 a month for 6 years, that means 5.5 years from now, you will have a 14 year old car and still be making payments of $556 a month. Have you really thought this through?



    -I may have missed a few notches in thinking ahead, but I'm pretty sure it won't be 14 years old in 5 years. It's a 2017 and in 5 years it'll be 7/8 years old. And I'd probably be finishing up paying for it. Either that or pretty close to it.

    -The newer version of this car would probably run $10k more! Better warranty, yes but more overall out of pocket.
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXMember Posts: 3,261
    My mistake, I didn't look back far enough in the thread. I saw where someone said 9 years, and I thought that was present tense, not future tense (after paying for 6 years).
    2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2013 Ford F150 XL
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,834
    The 2017 model came out in 2016. In car speak, it's 3 years old now. When the 72nd payment is made, it'll be 9 years old.
    Speaking of 9, when (if?) the 9spd automatic coughs up a lung, is the $6k repair bill an inconvenience or a financial desaster? I've known people who made payments on cars sitting dead in their driveway.
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXMember Posts: 3,261
    Long ago in a galaxy far far away ... wait, wrong story, start over. Long ago, in a distant land ...

    Around 1977 I had a young woman who lived with me for a year or so. A very beautiful, very exciting, but very bad young woman. Yeah, like that.

    I bought her a car, a used Honda Civic, a 1974 model if I recall correctly. A rather neat little car. But she lied to me about her driving record (along with a few thousand other things), the insurance company canceled the insurance, and before I could get new insurance she totaled the car.

    The car was financed with the credit union where I worked, and I knew (personally) the head of the credit union. He called me one day, saying he had received notification that the insurance had been canceled. I told him the car no longer existed, so I wasn't going to buy more insurance. But the payment was being deducted from my paycheck, and all he had to do was just leave things alone and the credit union would get their money. He wasn't happy, but he accepted the inevitable, and the loan was paid off. Eventually, we laughed about it over a few beers. But it was not the high point of my young life.
    steine13 said:

    The 2017 model came out in 2016. In car speak, it's 3 years old now. When the 72nd payment is made, it'll be 9 years old.
    Speaking of 9, when (if?) the 9spd automatic coughs up a lung, is the $6k repair bill an inconvenience or a financial desaster? I've known people who made payments on cars sitting dead in their driveway.

    2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2013 Ford F150 XL
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    nyccarguy said:
    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT
    How exactly is the name applied? Can he strip it off and have a clean car? If they were clean, he’d be looking at $15k for the pair, minimum. $6k and $9k

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 14,936
    edited May 2019
    qbrozen said:
    nyccarguy said:
    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT
    How exactly is the name applied? Can he strip it off and have a clean car? If they were clean, he’d be looking at $15k for the pair, minimum. $6k and $9k
    The name does come off, but you would clearly see where the paint wasn’t faded by the sun.  The letters are vinyl and do come off.  



    This is one of them.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 8,715


    _-Affordability isn't the problem for me, I just want to take advantage of any ways to save a few grand on financing this vehicle or a similar one!

    The easiest way to save money on financing is to pay off the loan early, whether that's throwing a few extra bucks a month at the payment, or using any "found money" to pay down the loan, etc... You will thank yourself when you own it free and clear.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 43,162
    I would just leave the decals on. Unique!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    qbrozen said:



    They paid $31,750 on 4/30 at the Milwaukee auction. 

    It is not an unreasonable ask for CPO. But, here’s the thing... as a normal retail vehicle, I’d suggest $35k TOPS for it. How much is that 1 extra year of warranty worth to you?
    -How does one go about finding out how much a dealer purchased their vehicle for before they sell it to us?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    nyccarguy said:
    qbrozen said:
    nyccarguy said:
    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT
    How exactly is the name applied? Can he strip it off and have a clean car? If they were clean, he’d be looking at $15k for the pair, minimum. $6k and $9k
    The name does come off, but you would clearly see where the paint wasn’t faded by the sun.  The letters are vinyl and do come off.  



    This is one of them.
    Are you guessing or has it already been attempted? The cars aren’t that old. A good cut and polish may take care of it. 

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    They paid $31,750 on 4/30 at the Milwaukee auction. 

    It is not an unreasonable ask for CPO. But, here’s the thing... as a normal retail vehicle, I’d suggest $35k TOPS for it. How much is that 1 extra year of warranty worth to you?
    -How does one go about finding out how much a dealer purchased their vehicle for before they sell it to us?
    I don’t know about anybody else, but I just happened to find that exact car in the auction data, which is only available to those with dealer licenses who pay for it (or a kind-hearted private citizen with good connections).

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,143
    stickguy said:

    I would just leave the decals on. Unique!

    Sounds good until someone pulls a knife out and says, "gimme all your rubens" :'(

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • MrHarris183MrHarris183 Omaha, NEMember Posts: 30
    Found this vehicle that I have my eyes set on. It's a '16 BMW X3 SAV xDrive35i, with 38k miles and a few convenience packages. The listed price is $33k. What really really caught my attention here was the 'Lifetime Warranty.' I was handed information on the details and from an outsider's point of view, it does seem pretty comprehensive. As long as I follow regularly scheduled mantainance as per the vehicle handbook, the Lifetime Warranty is valid.

    What sort of leverage do I have to get this vehicle from a $33k down a few grand? 
    Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
    Located in Omaha Ne
    My Zip is 68147
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    Found this vehicle that I have my eyes set on. It's a '16 BMW X3 SAV xDrive35i, with 38k miles and a few convenience packages. The listed price is $33k. What really really caught my attention here was the 'Lifetime Warranty.' I was handed information on the details and from an outsider's point of view, it does seem pretty comprehensive. As long as I follow regularly scheduled mantainance as per the vehicle handbook, the Lifetime Warranty is valid.

    What sort of leverage do I have to get this vehicle from a $33k down a few grand? 
    Vin #5UXWX7C53G0R17027
    Located in Omaha Ne
    My Zip is 68147
    Worth only $25k at the block, so yeah, plenty of negotiation room.

    who is the backer of this “lifetime warranty”?

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 8,715
    And do you have to have the scheduled maintenance performed at the selling dealer, and on whose schedule? Is it bumper to bumper or powertrain only? Most people trade vehicles every few years, so the value of a lifetime warranty is somewhat dubious. 
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,834
    The only 'lifetime' warranty I know is sold by Chrysler and is predicated on keeping up the maintenance AND gives them the out to just hand you 'retail value' if they decide they're sick and tired of paying. As the proud owner of a '17 Gd Caravan, I looked into it ;)
    I forget what it costs; it's obviously not cheap. I want to say around $3k but don't remember.
    I would not buy any warranty unless it is issued by the original manufacturer.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    We have it on our van. Shopped it around and got it for like $2400, IIRC.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 4,723
    A close friend bought a new Ram Hemi in 08 IIRC when Chrysler was really struggling and offered the lifetime Powertrain warranty. Two years ago, at about 190k, the engine was not running well. Chrysler rebuilt the top end of the engine, new exhaust manifolds, etc., which was covered by the warranty. He has 250k+ on it now with no plans to sell. It would be interesting to know what percentage of original Chrysler owners that got this warranty still own their vehicle, perhaps just because of the warranty.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 64,482
    Q -- let me know your gut feeling on retail value of the following, if you would be so kind?

    2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4X4
    standard options, 22" allows, running board, short bed 6.5 ft, 4.7/V8.
    hard ding in door, some clearcoat damage on the exterior of the bed, both sides, blister in grille chrome, driver's seat (cloth) compressing w/ tears in it, AC inoperative, --- 107K miles.

    Not a bad looking truck from 5 feet. Probably could use $1,000 to $2,500 in recon before a dealer fielded it. But miles are good, runs well.

    I'm thinkin' $10K--$11K retail ??


  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXMember Posts: 3,261
    You're talking as is? Not even here in Texas, where every other car on the road is a pickup.

    That "AC inoperative" could easily set you back $2k to fix, all by itself.
    2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2013 Ford F150 XL
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    For a clean one, should be more like 13 retail. 

    As is? Ugh... maybe 10? So $7500 trade, possibly? 

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 14,936
    qbrozen said:


    nyccarguy said:

    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT

    How exactly is the name applied? Can he strip it off and have a clean car? If they were clean, he’d be looking at $15k for the pair, minimum. $6k and $9k

    Thanks so much for your help as always @qbrozen ! MY friend ended up getting $14K for both FITs (which I didn't know each had a "hit" on their carfax).

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    nyccarguy said:
    nyccarguy said:
    Hey @qbrozen.  I have a friend with 2 Honda Fit EXs that his restaurant uses for delivery, so mechanically they are in tip top shape.  Interiors have held up quite well.  Exteriors have his deli’s name plastered all over them.  

    (1) 2015 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 101K miles

    (2) 2016 Honda Fit EX - Black CVT - 86K miles

    Dealer offered him $12K for both.  What do you think?

    Location - Fairfield County, CT
    How exactly is the name applied? Can he strip it off and have a clean car? If they were clean, he’d be looking at $15k for the pair, minimum. $6k and $9k
    Thanks so much for your help as always @qbrozen ! MY friend ended up getting $14K for both FITs (which I didn't know each had a "hit" on their carfax).
    Good grief, then he did REALLY well! Hopefully by not overpaying for the new car(s). ;)

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 14,936
    edited May 2019
    This is his 6th & 7th Fit he's bought since 2009. It is rare that he's gotten more than $200 or $250 off the sticker. I think on one of Fits he traded in he got almost $800 off because it was a leftover. I think he paid sticker for these 2.

    He got quotes from quite a few dealers. They all said sticker or $200 off sticker (just because he was taking 2). SO he shopped the trade.

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • alveronalveron Member Posts: 11
    How much can I expect in trade for a 2017 Kia Sorento LX with convenience package - 32,000 miles?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTMember Posts: 14,936
    alveron said:

    How much can I expect in trade for a 2017 Kia Sorento LX with convenience package - 32,000 miles?

    He's going to need a little bit more information from you. Interior & Exterior Color? Are the tires original? Has the car been involved in an accident that was reported to CARFAX? What region of the country are you located in? Is it FWD or AWD? What's the interior/exterior condition like?

    2001 Prelude Type SH, 2017 Pilot Touring AWD, 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD

  • alveronalveron Member Posts: 11
    nyccarguy said:

    alveron said:

    How much can I expect in trade for a 2017 Kia Sorento LX with convenience package - 32,000 miles?

    He's going to need a little bit more information from you. Interior & Exterior Color? Are the tires original? Has the car been involved in an accident that was reported to CARFAX? What region of the country are you located in? Is it FWD or AWD? What's the interior/exterior condition like?
    Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking :smile:

    Both exterior and interior are black. Tires are original. No accidents. Located in Ohio. FWD and not the V6. Interior condition is good, mainly used with car seats. Exterior a few dings and scratches but nothing beyond normal wear and tear.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    alveron said:

    nyccarguy said:

    alveron said:

    How much can I expect in trade for a 2017 Kia Sorento LX with convenience package - 32,000 miles?

    He's going to need a little bit more information from you. Interior & Exterior Color? Are the tires original? Has the car been involved in an accident that was reported to CARFAX? What region of the country are you located in? Is it FWD or AWD? What's the interior/exterior condition like?
    Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking :smile:

    Both exterior and interior are black. Tires are original. No accidents. Located in Ohio. FWD and not the V6. Interior condition is good, mainly used with car seats. Exterior a few dings and scratches but nothing beyond normal wear and tear.
    About the mid $13k range.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalMember Posts: 699
    Hi Q - was wondering if you could magically come up with any auction info on this Tesla Roadster - it's a 2010 and very clean with about 57,000 miles on it. It appears that the dealer picked it up at auction around the end of April.
    The VIN is 5YJRE1A34A1001157

    Also, any idea of what a fair retail value might be?

    Thanks
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 29,702
    gmanusmc said:
    Hi Q - was wondering if you could magically come up with any auction info on this Tesla Roadster - it's a 2010 and very clean with about 57,000 miles on it. It appears that the dealer picked it up at auction around the end of April. The VIN is 5YJRE1A34A1001157 Also, any idea of what a fair retail value might be? Thanks
    They paid $38.5k.
    what are they asking for it?
    For most cars, I’d say $41k, but I have a feeling this would be tough given the rarity. Might need to cough up another $1k.

    '21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited. 55-car history and counting!

  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 64,482
    Haven't seen one with 50,000 miles or so for less than $45K asking, so far.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalMember Posts: 699
    qbrozen said:


    gmanusmc said:

    Hi Q - was wondering if you could magically come up with any auction info on this Tesla Roadster - it's a 2010 and very clean with about 57,000 miles on it. It appears that the dealer picked it up at auction around the end of April.
    The VIN is 5YJRE1A34A1001157

    Also, any idea of what a fair retail value might be?

    Thanks

    They paid $38.5k.
    what are they asking for it?
    For most cars, I’d say $41k, but I have a feeling this would be tough given the rarity. Might need to cough up another $1k.

    Holy moly - my son is looking at this - they started at just shy of 55k - think theyre down to around 50k right now including shipping from TX to Socal.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 8,715
    No deal. He can buy a used Miata to tide him over until a Roadster comes along at the right price, and still come out ahead. Does he know there is zero charging infrastructure for the Roadster? 
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalMember Posts: 699
    corvette said:

    No deal. He can buy a used Miata to tide him over until a Roadster comes along at the right price, and still come out ahead. Does he know there is zero charging infrastructure for the Roadster? 

    Yep - he's fairly knowledgeable about Teslas - he's not buying one to be his road trip car. He has his Model S for that. Don't think he's a Miata type guy anymore.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • corvettecorvette United StatesMember Posts: 8,715
    @nyccarguy I'm not familiar with the market, but I can't believe Fits are only $200 off sticker. The Sonic is a viable competitor, IIRC, and I think Hyundai and/or Kia have something, as well. I'm guessing a Civic or Corolla hatch would be even more.
Sign In or Register to comment.