Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How to install new cooling fan assembly motor on 2012 IS250.

elflamablancaelflamablanca Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Lexus
2012 IS250. My driver side cooling fan motor is shot. I need to install a new one.. I cant find any info online showing the best way to approach this. Do I have to take off the front bumper and then the radiator before I can install the new motor?????

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited August 2019
    I've seen a couple of online video where the whole assembly on some cars can be replaced by removing a couple of bolts and electrical connector and lifted straight up. You may have to remove some shield in the engine compartment. I suppose it's possible the front clip need to come off, but I'd look for a way to keep it simple and avoid that. It may be easier to replace the whole unit than just the motor on the driver side.

• elflamablancaelflamablanca Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply... so I've disconnected the motors and unclipped the top 3 clips on the plastic assembly (theres 3 on top and 2 on the bottom it looks like. I also took out the coolant reservoir, air filter and its cover, and the air inlet. So I have some room to maneuver around.

What shield and what front clip are you talking about???