Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Can I Trade-in my lease car for an accord at the end of my lease?

dcyuendcyuen Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Honda
Hi guys,

My lease ends July2020. I'm currently leasing a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM. How does trade-in works if I end up with an Accord LX at the Honda car dealership? If yes, how much do they usually offer if I buy a car from them? Thank you! Also, best time to shop for a car is before New year or after? I wouldn't mind 2019 or 2020. Thank you!

Best,
Don
Tagged:

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    dcyuen said:

Hi guys,

My lease ends July2020. I'm currently leasing a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM. How does trade-in works if I end up with an Accord LX at the Honda car dealership? If yes, how much do they usually offer if I buy a car from them? Thank you! Also, best time to shop for a car is before New year or after? I wouldn't mind 2019 or 2020. Thank you!

Best,
    Don

Most leases are not set up in a way where you have positive equity at the end. My suggestion would be to simply turn in your Toyota, then lease the Honda as two separate transactions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dcyuendcyuen Member Posts: 5
    Hi Michaell, I appreciated for your input. It's going to be my first time purchasing a car, super excited...
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    dcyuen said:

Hi Michaell, I appreciated for your input. It's going to be my first time purchasing a car, super excited...

I get it. I leased a car 3 years ago, and within 6 months I was test driving possible replacements....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4