Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Is this a good deal??? - 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition Lease

Grimm10Grimm10 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2019 in Honda
Good morning!

I am tempted to go to this dealer today and sign papers. I was just hoping for anyone's opinion on if this is a good lease because it is the first one I have researched and negotiated.

Just to be clear, I wasn't looking for the cheapest payment on a high end Pilot, we wanted this particular car and have been waiting for it to come out. So, realistically I was shooting for the lowest payment but there was no negotiating this car model.

.00174 MF and 60% residual
$500 incentive
MSRP:$50,715
Sale Price: $48,915 (3.5% off MSRP)
$500 Manufacturer Rebate

Deal Structure:
2K trade in value
$2,500 out of pocket down payment including first months payment

Final Monthly payment = $560.74 before tax

Really hoping this is a good deal so I can make this happen. When i started negotiating 7K would have been my required down payment to get me here.

thanks in advance for any help!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MarkJoeyMarkJoey Member Posts: 7
    Try to get them in the 5-8% off msrp range and see if you could use MSD's.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Grimm10 said:

Good morning!

I am tempted to go to this dealer today and sign papers. I was just hoping for anyone's opinion on if this is a good lease because it is the first one I have researched and negotiated.

Just to be clear, I wasn't looking for the cheapest payment on a high end Pilot, we wanted this particular car and have been waiting for it to come out. So, realistically I was shooting for the lowest payment but there was no negotiating this car model.

.00174 MF and 60% residual
    $500 incentive
    MSRP:$50,715
    Sale Price: $48,915 (3.5% off MSRP)
    $500 Manufacturer Rebate

Deal Structure:
    2K trade in value
    $2,500 out of pocket down payment including first months payment

Final Monthly payment = $560.74 before tax

Really hoping this is a good deal so I can make this happen. When i started negotiating 7K would have been my required down payment to get me here.

thanks in advance for any help!

What ZIP code is this for?

I wouldn't start any lease with $4500 in cash and trade equity; that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

First payment and registration costs only, paid at signing.

Your "true" payment is closer to $700/mo, which is a big nut on a $51K car. You could get a luxury brand for that kind of coin.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4