Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What is this?

Luther42Luther42 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2019 in Jaguar
This thing is hanging below my glove compartment. Does anyone know what it is? Looks like is is broken off of something else. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196
    Looks like the hood cable, though I'm not sure that would be on the passenger side, under the glove box.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    No. It's definitely not that.
  • Options
    Luther42 said:

No. It's definitely not that.

Looks like a zip tie, holding the cable to the plastic piece? Or, does that look more like a factory fastener?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    No, it's not a zip tie. It's a small cable that appears to be factory installed
  • Options
    Luther42 said:

No, it's not a zip tie. It's a small cable that appears to be factory installed

Hmmm... let me see if we can get some other eyeballs in here.

@thecardoc3

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949
    That is definitely a zip tie holding the cable to the handle. You bought this car used? Where does the cable go? Could be a backup to open something that normally open electrically, such as the trunk or gas door?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,949

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    I was about to say the same - some sort of soft-open mechanism for the glovebox. If it's not bothering you, no need to fix it.
  • Options
    MindyloumsMindyloums Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Is there a list of compatible iPods for 2015 XK? I found the phone list but not iPod list.