Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease or Buy 2020 MB 450 CLS??? Please Advise on this Lease Quote

stang22gtstang22gt Member Posts: 4
edited November 2019 in Mercedes-Benz
I am thinking of leasing or buying a 2020 CLS 450, RWD, zip code 27616. I negotiated a price of 79319 and I asked for a lease quote. Below is what he offered. I know the MF is high and I told him so, also asked him to itemized the "cash down" fees. As of now, I rather just buy since I can get a monthly payment of just 250 more for 48 months by putting in 8-12K down. I don't care much about the monthly payment I just want to make sure I do not pay more that its fair. The lease is 7.K miles because I asked for it since that is how much I drive now. This is my first time thinking about leasing so I need help. Any thoughts?

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    stang22gt said:

I am thinking of leasing or buying a 2020 CLS 450, RWD, zip code 27616. I negotiated a price of 79319 and I asked for a lease quote. Below is what he offered. I know the MF is high and I told him so, also asked him to itemized the "cash down" fees. As of now, I rather just buy since I can get a monthly payment of just 250 more for 48 months by putting in 8-12K down. I don't care much about the monthly payment I just want to make sure I do not pay more that its fair. The lease is 7.K miles because I asked for it since that is how much I drive now. This is my first time thinking about leasing so I need help. Any thoughts?

.00128 MF and 54% residual
    No lease incentives

Looks like a decent discount, if there was no markup to the MF.
    Of course, taking back $600 of that discount with a dealer fee
    MF markup adds about $40/mo to the payment.

The total on the right doesn't include the lease acquisition fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stang22gtstang22gt Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the advice. They discounted the dealer fee from the selling price since they claimed they have to charge it to everyone. Sales manager emailed me saying that the GM had left before he could ask about the MF...interesting. I also have a 500 fleet discount that has not been applied yet. Like you said, the acquisition fee and where is the cash up front going to is my main question for them.