Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    driver100 said:

Looked quickly at small and midsized luxury car. Genesis comes in respectable.....but, not at the top of the list, kinda what I have been saying.
    Interesting list, will look at it more when I have some time.
    Have to get to pickleball in my 7 year old C250....that has no backup camera, GPS, Blind spot warning, or Sirius.

I go to work in a 12 year old Chrysler that has no backup camera, GPS or blind spot warning and while it has Sirius it's not activated.

Wanna trade?

Speaking of Sirius I got a letter from them telling us that the trail period on the BMW is almost over. They are offering monthly at $20 and change, a good deal for 5 months at $30 and change and a not as good deal for a whole year at $110 and change.

Of course MeTV is free and has better and more of the classic rock we all know and love.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    PF_Flyer said:
    A lot of what makes one car better than the other is very subjective. So drive your drive and not someone else's.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    PF_Flyer said:
    I clicked and the first thing on the page was the Telluride as best SUV. I couldn't go any further. Shouldn't style count for SOMETHING? That thing is just too damned ugly.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    driver100 said:

Looked quickly at small and midsized luxury car. Genesis comes in respectable.....but, not at the top of the list, kinda what I have been saying.
    Have to get to pickleball in my 7 year old C250....that has no backup camera, GPS, Blind spot warning, or Sirius.

So what if the Genesis doesn't come in at the top of the list! Genesis came in at a respectable position. I have never bought/leased a car based upon its position in a popularity contest or based on reviews. I select my cars based on comfort, styling, available options and a price I am comfortable with. But never based upon a myriad of reviews.

I use reviews merely to find out if there are major negatives about a car that might affect it's performance, maintenance, recalls, etc. But not to find out if a car came in at the top of some list.

Putting down a car because it's not at the top of a list is being shortsighted. There are many excellent cars out there that do not make it the top of someone's list.

2021 Genesis G90

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    qbrozen said:

PF_Flyer said:
    I clicked and the first thing on the page was the Telluride as best SUV. I couldn't go any further. Shouldn't style count for SOMETHING? That thing is just too damned ugly.
    I don’t think there has been a bad review of it.

There are worse looking vehicles, IMO

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    Hang in there, @qbrozen!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited December 2019
    driver100 said:

Had nothing to do with being seen it....I am driving an $11400 2014 C Class for half the year....if that is being a snob, hate to know what the common man would be driving.

A 2008 Cobalt or a 2014 Chevrolet Malibu :)B):D;)

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    edited December 2019
    PF_Flyer said:
    Two things jump out at me. The 2020 Corvette may well be a world-beater but there are none in customer hands yet so that will be the real test. This pick seems very speculative.

The M-B A-class may be a great choice, but two things strike me: how many potential buyers in that segment will even think of M-B, and would many be willing to pay M-B prices, not just for the initial purchase but also for service and parts? And how would M-B dealers treat the buyer of such a car compared to how they treat buyers of high-$ 6-figure models?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

I drive a VW, my wife an Audi. Trust me, her Audi is much better overall than my VW! And on this discussion about a stripped down MB, when you've got two nicer ones up north? So, you're up to three MB's? Are you kidding me??? Do you even read what you post in here???
    Sometimes sir, it's best to stop, and say nothing!! All I can do is shake my head here!

That sounds like a polite takeoff on the old saying:

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool...than to open it and remove all doubt."

jmonroe
    That is hilarious. Poor Sandy has to suffer with just a VW and an Audi :'(
    Just a notch above a family that lives with a wannabe and a Subie product. Things can always be worse.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

I go to work in a 12 year old Chrysler that has no backup camera, GPS or blind spot warning and while it has Sirius it's not activated.

Wanna trade?

Speaking of Sirius I got a letter from them telling us that the trail period on the BMW is almost over. They are offering monthly at $20 and change, a good deal for 5 months at $30 and change and a not as good deal for a whole year at $110 and change.

Of course MeTV is free and has better and more of the classic rock we all know and love.

My 9 year old Mini does have navigation and Sirius- as well as three blind spot monitors- one at the top center of the windshield and one on each door. I could not care less about it not having a camera, but PDC would be nice- and much more useful.
    Speaking of the Mini, we went Christmas shopping last night and we took the Mini. It’s just about as good as a BMW when it comes to being deceptively quick. I kept it between 85 and 90 mph on the interstate and it wanted to go faster- in spite of the fact that it has a less than impressive 125 mph top speed.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

edited December 2019

e that abuse this great drug, I and those like me get punished. I don't abuse my meds, they help me get through the day and hold down a job without the pain making it so I can't get out of bed. Those that abuse things have made the drug companies dictate to my pain doctor how much he can prescribe for me, now, how fair is that? Whatever, I've been cut back which makes the IR meds needed that much more.

My wife feels your pain along with myself.

The abuse of the ability to prescribe the drug by a few of the doctors along with the greed of the pharma companies is what caused the problems. The politicians then get on their "pretend to fix problems" act again, set up rules they decide sitting in their leather chairs in seats in statehouses that essentially try to cut off the flow to those who need the pain relief, and then take credit for having solved the problem.

In Ohio you are on a computer program that tracks your usage AND your doctor's activity, from what I cant ell.

You are assigned a numerical score based on your usage and that score controls how the doctor can write a refill prescription for you. My wife is prescribed 2 da. of the lower level vicodin (hydrocodone). The rating is based on morphine equivalence of the drug. She ends up making a 1-month prescription last 6 to 8 weeks. EACH refill REQUIRES a visit to the doctor's office. She handles her other various medical problems in those same visits often, but insurance and we end up paying for office visits that aren't really necessary other than she's diabetic.

All refill prescriptions must be done on paper. Under rules a year or so ago, the doctor could issue a refill prescription to be picked up at the office without seeing the patient, but that changed a couple years back. Now an actual appointment must be recorded.

Especially insulting was one area talk show radio host (known nationally because of a TV show done for a while) who mocked people with back pain and back surgery pain by saying they don't need narcotics--he didn't take them after HIS back surgery (never mind it's likely long acting drugs were placed in the surgical area that released over a period of days to help the pain). He was crusading for even requiring lower doses for people with obvious pain needs.

driver100 said:

Please take your time. :(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    driver100 said:

Is that C250 pedal-powered? ;)
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

I’m almost 63; give me another couple of decades and I might just start lusting after a non-AMG Mercedes.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    You know what would be really funny after all this back-and-forth? If @driver100 actually backs that C250 into something now. I can only imagine the hilarity that would ensue here. :laughing:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

tjc78 said:

Sure there are. But how many are a top pick in a comparison?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

qbrozen said:

tjc78 said:

Sure there are. But how many are a top pick in a comparison?
    True

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Nothing happening but I am curious to see what sort of end of year deals might motivate me.

But, thinking about leasing my next car. As such, and given I don’t get knuckle deep in leasehacker, Edmunds pricing, NADA, etc, what would the following lease for (2019- 2020)? No out of pocket except first and last.

-Genesis G70 3.3T (say, with a $53K sticker)
    -Kia Stinger GT2
    -Toyota Camry XSE V6
    -Honda Accord Touring 2.0T

Appreciate any insight!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

Nothing happening but I am curious to see what sort of end of year deals might motivate me.

But, thinking about leasing my next car. As such, and given I don’t get knuckle deep in leasehacker, Edmunds pricing, NADA, etc, what would the following lease for (2019- 2020)? No out of pocket except first and last.

-Genesis G70 3.3T (say, with a $53K sticker)
    -Kia Stinger GT2
    -Toyota Camry XSE V6
    -Honda Accord Touring 2.0T

Appreciate any insight!

None are screaming lease bargains.

-Genesis G70 3.3T (say, with a $53K sticker) - 500s - upper 400s if you really play the game.
    -Kia Stinger GT2 - 600s - Leases terribly. You'd be better off leasing and buying out just to get the lease cash.
    -Toyota Camry XSE V6 - My guess is upper 400s/500s
    -Honda Accord Touring 2.0T - Mid to upper 400s.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    ab348 said:

You know what would be really funny after all this back-and-forth? If @driver100 actually backs that C250 into something now. I can only imagine the hilarity that would ensue here. :laughing:

I can tell you one thing....if I back into something, I'm not going to be writing about it here. :@

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    Good guess on Camry. Just rodo’d one. $39,400 sticker, 39 mo, $482 month with $482 DAS.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

I’m almost 63; give me another couple of decades and I might just start lusting after a non-AMG Mercedes.

It's not the years, it's the mileage :)
    Back from pickleball, so I will give you my rundown on the reviews......which I know you have been anxiously waiting for.
    The Telliride seems like good value btw, best warranty, looks smart, well made, good price considering.
    Really like the stying of the MB GKE and Audi Q7.
    The rest is pretty subjective stuff.
    The real value in a review is if the top car in a category you are interested in really stands out - then you may feel better about your purchase, or, if the car is at the bottom of the list (Fiat always seemed near the bottom of the list, Rover near the bottom for dependability) you may want to avoid buying one....the rest depends on what you are looking for.

When I was looking for my 2012 I liked the BMW 535, I liked the low lines, the long wide hood, the handling and the styling.
    The reviews always ranked it 3rd after Mercedes and Audi because the back seat area was more cramped and the trunk was smaller. I didn't care about those things but some nimby at CR or something thinks I care about how much groceries I can carry more than the balance and performance of the car. You have to get what you can out of a review and use the information wisely.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    PF_Flyer said:

PF_Flyer said:

driver100 said:

It's not the years, it's the mileage :)
    Years + mileage = YMMV
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    stickguy said:

Good guess on Camry. Just rodo’d one. $39,400 sticker, 39 mo, $482 month with $482 DAS.

Wow. I pay less than that for my 50K Volvo

driver100 said:

Back from pickleball, so I will give you my rundown on the reviews......which I know you have been anxiously waiting for.
    The Telliride seems like good value btw, best warranty, looks smart, well made, good price considering.
    The real value in a review is if the top car in a category you are interested in really stands out - then you may feel better about your purchase, or, if the car is at the bottom of the list (Fiat always seemed near the bottom of the list, Rover near the bottom for dependability) you may want to avoid buying one....the rest depends on what you are looking for.

When I was looking for my 2012 I liked the BMW 535, I liked the low lines, the long wide hood, the handling and the styling.
    The reviews always ranked it 3rd after Mercedes and Audi because the back seat area was more cramped and the trunk was smaller. I didn't care about those things but some nimby at CR or something thinks I care about how much groceries I can carry more than the balance and performance of the car. You have to get what you can out of a review and use the information wisely.

And we paid good dues money for that revIew?

I should have opted for the scroll wheel activation package. :'(

jmonroe
    tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

Interesting....which model?
    Thanks 28FF and Stick....
    edited December 2019

tjc78 said:

stickguy said:

Interesting....which model?
    It’s an S60 T6 Inscription.

omarman said:

Years + mileage = YMMV

@tjc78 - I would like my office chair to be those seats.
    I love that car. Totally. That in a V60 would be sweet.

It honestly baffles me how I don't see new S60s flooding the streets.

$$. And not a brand most people think of.

Plus no one buys sedans now I hear! Other than me, you, GG, TJC...

My friend is shopping for an S60 - slightly more equipped than @tjc78's car. He is getting quotes up here, with loyalty, for north of $600/month.
    S60 is gorgeous....hope no one thinks you are a snob tjc :o

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

And we paid good dues money for that revIew?

I should have opted for the scroll wheel activation package. :'(

jmonroe
    Just giving some feedback....since I actually looked at the Edmunds 2020 picks - should get credit of 10000 posts for that.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    "I should have opted for the scroll wheel activation package."

Well, I have that, and it's the industrial water-cooled version. It's especially useful with certain posters' missives.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

Well, I have that, and it's the industrial water-cooled version. It's especially useful with certain posters' missives.

Please unsubscribe to my posts :)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Imid, In that same situation. Have to go down to his office monthly to sign for both prescriptions and see him every 90 days. Nothing has changed, we kibbitz for a few minutes, he dictates his notes and writes me the scripts and I'm out of there. I can see having to see him every 90 days but those other two months, e should be able to call them in to my pharmacy. It just takes my time, my petrol and my paying tolls to get there and back. F'ing crazy!!
    But, since they leave me no choice, I jump through their as-holic hoops to get what I need to live a somewhat productive life. Just really irritating...and I do feel you and your wife's pan!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Now you tell me. :@

jmonroe
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

My friend is shopping for an S60 - slightly more equipped than @tjc78's car. He is getting quotes up here, with loyalty, for north of $600/month.

There's your answer

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

edited December 2019
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe
    My posts are only available to Executive Members who have paid for their memberships....don't know how you hacked into them, I get paid each time they are viewed (like Scotty).

In other words, idiot dealers shooting themselves in their feet.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe
    My posts are only available to Executive Members who have paid for their memberships....don't know how you hacked into them, I get paid each time they are viewed (like Scotty).
    No wonder you can afford that MB there.

You may come to regret having set you yourself up as the Scotty of Edmund's. Lol

Can I get a membership downgrade?
    I can still see driver100's posts.

Go into settings and unsubscribe.
    I have too many viewers now, want to trim it to a select few thousand only. Want to keep only the most prestigious upscale readership.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe
    No wonder you can afford that MB there.

You may come to regret having set you yourself up as the Scotty of Edmund's. Lol
    We are in negotiations right now.
    Checking out baby Bentley's once my royalty checks start coming in.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

I have been signing in with my google acct for months now, and today it wouldn't work. I took a stab and used my ol houdini1 user name and password and it worked !! houdini1 is back and houdini2 is lost in the ether...at least for now !! Also got my 7900+ posts back. Took me back to August of 2018 !

C'mon man say it ain't so. You're ticking me off. I don't think I'll ever be the guy I used to be. :'(

jmonroe
    I thought you made it back at one point. No?
    Nope, look at my post count. I'm a relative newbie. :@

jmonroe
    Next time you get the "Howdy Stranger" try your old user name and password. That's all I did.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460