Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2020 BMW X3 lease question

Arsalan1988Arsalan1988 Member Posts: 24
edited March 2020 in BMW
Doing several inquiries into different smaller SUVs, I wanted to see what changes can be made to the dealer proposed lease for this X3 (MF, RV, etc)?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Doing several inquiries into different smaller SUVs, I wanted to see what changes can be made to the dealer proposed lease for this X3 (MF, RV, etc)?

What is your ZIP code?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Sorry should have provided that earlier, it is 27607.
  • Options

Sorry should have provided that earlier, it is 27607.

36/12
    .00142 and 56%
    $1250 lease credit, which I don't see broken out on the worksheet. If it's part of the discount you are getting, then you can do better than that.

Plus, a whole lot of junk on there - nitrogen, tint, trunk liner, dealer fees, etc. - that total over $1600. That's adding about $50/mo to your payment.

MF may also be marked up - ask the dealer about that.

$700+ each month for a $50K SUV (sorry, SAV) is a lot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Thank you, I will reach out and see how they configured this, I figured it was a terrible one, but getting more details on leases is helping this a lot. Appreciate it!
  • Options
    Michaell said:

What is your ZIP code?
    This is the response I received from the salesman:

Thank you for the response. No worries. It is a client's prerogative to do price-shopping. The lease credit is accounted for in the discount. Money factor is marked up according to BMW Financial guidelines.

I will work with you to get to your goal or as close to it as I can. In order to save time, and having seen our price worksheet, please tell me your monthly payment goal. I will take it from there.

Should I mention a target or provide my own breakdown with the base MF and everything?
  • Options

Michaell said:

What is your ZIP code?
    This is the response I received from the salesman:

Thank you for the response. No worries. It is a client's prerogative to do price-shopping. The lease credit is accounted for in the discount. Money factor is marked up according to BMW Financial guidelines.

I will work with you to get to your goal or as close to it as I can. In order to save time, and having seen our price worksheet, please tell me your monthly payment goal. I will take it from there.

Should I mention a target or provide my own breakdown with the base MF and everything?
    I would be specific in the response - base MF of .00142, discount from sticker, omission of the junk options and add ons. Negotiating on payment only allows the dealer to manipulate the numbers to your advantage.

The more transparent you can get the dealer to be, the better your changes are of getting the deal you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator