Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

How far should my exhaust tip stick out?

AceGamingAceGaming Member Posts: 9
edited May 2020 in Pontiac
Clearly, the exhaust tip is sticking too far out. Should the exhaust tip be lined up with the end of the bumper, the end of the exhaust cut out, or right in between?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,644
    Is that an aftermarket exhaust tip?

Photo angles can be deceiving. If you were standing with your leg against the bumper, would the tip contact your leg?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Photo angles can be deceiving. If you were standing with your leg against the bumper, would the tip contact your leg?

Yes, it's aftermarket. It looks normal from behind. But, from above and the side, it looks far out ( it is past the bumper). When I run my leg against the bumper, it hits it if you walk too close to the bumper and could be a safety hazard. You could practically step on it if you wanted to. I'm thinking about making it only 1/4" past the exhaust cut out so the burn style is visible, but not sticking out PAST the bumper from all angles.
  • Options
    AceGaming said:

kyfdx said:

Yes, it's aftermarket. It looks normal from behind. But, from above and the side, it looks far out ( it is past the bumper). When I run my leg against the bumper, it hits it if you walk too close to the bumper and could be a safety hazard. You could practically step on it if you wanted to. I'm thinking about making it only 1/4" past the exhaust cut out so the burn style is visible, but not sticking out PAST the bumper from all angles.
    Any tip that can graze your leg is too far out..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

AceGaming said:

kyfdx said:

Yes. That is the main reason I am moving it way back under the bumper.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

AceGaming said:

kyfdx said:

Here's the exhaust now. It's tucked under the bumper!

• Options
    AceGaming said:

kyfdx said:

AceGaming said:

kyfdx said:

Here's the exhaust now. It's tucked under the bumper!

Looks good!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator