Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leasing Evaluation- 2020 Mercedes Benz A220

breparker5breparker5 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2020 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi can someone help me out with evaluating my leasing options? Currently This is my best offer after finding out that the MF is .00050 with a RV of 57%. I do currently have a vehicle in which the value is slightly over the trade in offers I have gotten from 8-12k. I'd realy like to know if this is even worth in getting out if my financed vehicle at monthly payments of $498. Any advice would help

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Hi can someone help me out with evaluating my leasing options? Currently This is my best offer after finding out that the MF is .00050 with a RV of 57%. I do currently have a vehicle in which the value is slightly over the trade in offers I have gotten from 8-12k. I'd realy like to know if this is even worth in getting out if my financed vehicle at monthly payments of $498. Any advice would help

Two questions immediately come to mind:
    1. If you've owned the Mustang since new, and have put 91,000 miles on it in 4-5 years, will a 12,000 mile per year lease work for you?
    2. Rolling $5500 of negative equity into your lease is not a smart decision - that is adding $150/mo to your lease payment, right there. Best to wait until you are in a better position with the Mustang loan before trying to get out of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Got it CPO's at 15K. Used to commute heavily for work. Now working from home.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm thinking it may not be ideal. Just trying to avoid being stuck with a high milage vehicle that I'm already paying$500 monthly for that may run into issues before being paid off.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Yes, I'm thinking it may not be ideal. Just trying to avoid being stuck with a high milage vehicle that I'm already paying$500 monthly for that may run into issues before being paid off.

Right, but if you're working from home, you won't be putting many miles onto the Mustang, which will slow down the depreciation.

Paying $600+ each month for a car you aren't driving much makes no sense, to me - even if it is new and shiny (and under warranty). Especially when a significant chunk of the lease payment is for a car you don't own, and can't drive.

My .02, FWIW. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    You’re definitely right. I’m planning to just pay it down and find the best deal to sell it when the time is right. Thanks for the help!