Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can the original blind spot glass in the side mirrors be deleted and replaced with standard glass?

bkmalkusbkmalkus Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Toyota
I have a 2013 Venza LE. This has been a fantastic vehicle, but I have one complaint.
The factory side mirrors have a small blind spot glass that is too small to provide a clear view and it obscures the view in the surrounding convex glass. Can this all be replaced with a full sized piece of convex glass?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,326
    bkmalkus said:

I have a 2013 Venza LE. This has been a fantastic vehicle, but I have one complaint.
    The factory side mirrors have a small blind spot glass that is too small to provide a clear view and it obscures the view in the surrounding convex glass. Can this all be replaced with a full sized piece of convex glass?

I’ll guess that any glass shop that also does automotive glass can manage this.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you for the reply.
    The issue is that the blind spot glass is a separate piece.
    I have found replacement glass panels on the internet, but I'm trying to determine if I can just pull the old insert(s) out and replace it with one solid panel.
    I'm not sure what the structure looks like behind the glass.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,326
    bkmalkus said:

Thank you for the reply.
    The issue is that the blind spot glass is a separate piece.
    I have found replacement glass panels on the internet, but I'm trying to determine if I can just pull the old insert(s) out and replace it with one solid panel.
    I'm not sure what the structure looks like behind the glass.

That's why I suggested a glass shop. They know what it looks like, behind the glass.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sounds good.
    Thanks!