Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Residual Value - Good Deal?

IdentityKeeperIdentityKeeper Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Lexus
Hi All,

I am at the end of the lease on my 2017 Lexus RX350 and would like to understand whether buying out the residual value of the car is a good deal. I do still enjoy the car and is in excellent shape - 30k miles. The residual value is $30,697k and the original sale price was $52991. If I look for dealer sales of the same car with similar mileage it appears to be $33k to 38k.

I am a first time leaser and need your assistance with finalizing my decision on whether to buy my existing car or move on.

Thank you in advace.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777

Hi All,

I am at the end of the lease on my 2017 Lexus RX350 and would like to understand whether buying out the residual value of the car is a good deal. I do still enjoy the car and is in excellent shape - 30k miles. The residual value is $30,697k and the original sale price was $52991. If I look for dealer sales of the same car with similar mileage it appears to be $33k to 38k.

I am a first time leaser and need your assistance with finalizing my decision on whether to buy my existing car or move on.

Thank you in advace.

Edmunds has an appraisal tool, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator