Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2020 Limited X.

XHunterXHunter Member Posts: 16
edited September 2020 in Jeep
Hi!

I would like to ask some insights regarding this offer.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X
36 months/10K per year.
RV= 54%.
MF= 0.00019

MSRP : 52,275
Savings: 6,000 (didn't get the breakdown)
Selling Price : 46,275 (11.5 % OFF MSRP)
Sales Tax: 6%
Due at signing: 1000
Monthly Payment : 635

I used a lease calculator based on the numbers I have and the monthly payment should be around 400.
I'm holding on to this quote because of the 6K savings.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

I used a lease calculator based on the numbers I have and the monthly payment should be around 400.

Confirm the bank the dealer is using - our numbers come from Chrysler Capital.

Also, you'll need to get the adjusted cap cost from the dealer, as the $1000 DAS won't cover all the inception costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Also, you'll need to get the adjusted cap cost from the dealer, as the $1000 DAS won't cover all the inception costs.

I'm willing to pay the total inception fees upfront. I will ask for the adjusted cap cost after removing total inception fees.
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

I'm willing to pay the total inception fees upfront. I will ask for the adjusted cap cost after removing total inception fees.
    Actually, you only want to pay the first payment and registration costs up front; roll any other taxes or fees into the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Actually, you only want to pay the first payment and registration costs up front; roll any other taxes or fees into the monthly payment.
    I’m thinking to pay the fees upfront and only roll in the sales tax. Is that good?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

I’m thinking to pay the fees upfront and only roll in the sales tax. Is that good?
    Any money you lay out up front is at risk for loss if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease.

But, your money, your decision. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Any money you lay out up front is at risk for loss if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease.

I understand and I appreciate your input very much. I just think like they’re playing with the numbers and try to confuse me. I’m a first time lessee. So just don’t want to get a bad deal and get stuck with it for 36 months.
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

I understand and I appreciate your input very much. I just think like they’re playing with the numbers and try to confuse me. I’m a first time lessee. So just don’t want to get a bad deal and get stuck with it for 36 months.
    Take your time and review all the numbers until you understand them. The math behind a lease payment is no harder than what you're exposed to in the 5th grade.

If there is something you don't understand, ask the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Take your time and review all the numbers until you understand them. The math behind a lease payment is no harder than what you're exposed to in the 5th grade.

I actually know how to calculate a lease payment by hand. That’s why it doesn’t make sense to me how did the dealer get his numbers. I’m just holding on because of the 6K discount (11.5%) and now I’m adding 1.5K more discount and they still won’t budge. With a Tier 1 credit, 635 per month doesn’t really make sense to me or with anyone who has basic knowledge on how to calculate lease payments. Maybe explain to them my calculations?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

I actually know how to calculate a lease payment by hand. That’s why it doesn’t make sense to me how did the dealer get his numbers. I’m just holding on because of the 6K discount (11.5%) and now I’m adding 1.5K more discount and they still won’t budge. With a Tier 1 credit, 635 per month doesn’t really make sense to me or with anyone who has basic knowledge on how to calculate lease payments. Maybe explain to them my calculations?
    Nope, make them justify their quote; possible areas of difference:

1. Different bank; our numbers are from Chrysler Capital, dealer could be using Ally or US Bank
    2. Dealer marking up the MF (max allowed is .00042)
    3. Cap cost is somehow "magically" different from what you think it is

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

1. Different bank; our numbers are from Chrysler Capital, dealer could be using Ally or US Bank
    Is that even legal for the dealer to mark up the MF of a finance bank? I know there’s a destination charge (1400) on adjustment costs but I suspect there’s more hidden fees because there’s no way a 7.5k worth of discounts won’t make any difference. Plus, I’m only rolling in the sales tax which is 6% only.
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Is that even legal for the dealer to mark up the MF of a finance bank? I know there’s a destination charge (1400) on adjustment costs but I suspect there’s more hidden fees because there’s no way a 7.5k worth of discounts won’t make any difference. Plus, I’m only rolling in the sales tax which is 6% only.
    Yes, it's legal. They do it with loans, as well. Just another profit center for the dealer, if folks aren't paying attention.

What is your location?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Yes, it's legal. They do it with loans, as well. Just another profit center for the dealer, if folks aren't paying attention.

What is your location?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

What is your location?
    MI taxes the monthly payment on a lease; you shouldn't have to pay the tax up front, except on taxable fees and incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I will take that into consideration. Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

What is your location?
    MI taxes the monthly payment on a lease; you shouldn't have to pay the tax up front, except on taxable fees and incentives.
    I will take that advice. Thank you!
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

Is the max mf 0.00042 for Tier 1 only?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

No, for any tier.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

No, for any tier.
    And this is for Chrysler Capital only?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

No, for any tier.
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

Hi!

36 months/10K per year.
    RV= 54%.
    MF= 0.00019

No, for any tier.
    Correct - no information on other banks who fund leases for FCA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Adjusted Cap. Cost only after they ran your credit?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

The adjusted cap cost shouldn't change based on your credit score - only the MF changes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

XHunter said:

The adjusted cap cost shouldn't change based on your credit score - only the MF changes.
    That’s what I thought too.I’m guessing,it would be an avenue of profit. :disappointed:
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Michaell said:

XHunter said:

That’s what I thought too.I’m guessing,it would be an avenue of profit. :disappointed:
    To a dealer, everything is an avenue of profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Is the MSRP the base price or total price after all options are added?
  • Options
    XHunter said:

Is the MSRP the base price or total price after all options are added?

It's the bottom line number of the window sticker - $49,440

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator