Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

My 2006 Saturn Vue will not start

kevrodz360kevrodz360 Member Posts: 6
edited October 2020 in Saturn
I was low in gas and turned my car off for 10 minutes and then it crank but not start. I out gas in but fuel gauge reads on empty. I tried everything I could think of hoping it would work but nothing. I keep getting told it's the fuel pump. Never knew one could go out that quick? I connected a computer to see what codes I would get but kept getting an error. Someone said that's because the battery is not charged all the way but put a charger on it and still wouldn't work. Can it be the fuel pump? Or am I missing something?

Answers

• Options
    TRUMAINTRUMAIN Member Posts: 4
    Fuel pump / fuel line / There could also be vacuum leak? is it the 2.2 or 2.4? check fuses? and relays. Hopefully this helps. I have a HHR 2.2 should be same motor?
  • Options
    It's a 3.5 awd. I don't understand why my reader will not communicate with my Saturn? I was thinking my battery is not giving off enough juice but I had cables out on it and still nothing. I had no choice but to have a mechanic come get it. I am hoping it's sensor because if they have to pull the tank down, it's going to cost me. On another note, I got pulled over a day before it happened and I noticed the cops pulled the sensor off that connects to the air filter box. I feel I tried everything I could do but then again, I am not very knowledgeable about fixing cars.
  • Options
    I checked all the fuses, I also was pulling fuses with the key on on position. I kept trying to find where the fuel clave was to check and see if any air or gas was coming through. Been told the fuel filter is in the tank , so I can't check that. Tried priming the fuel pump by leaving the ignition on and got nothing, also left on for 30 minutes, 10 minutes at a time. Is this enough info for anyone to help me figure this out? I have my check engine light in, gas light on , and the one that has a wrench through the car on. No security light.
  • Options
    Update...... Wires under fuse box were corroded.. I would have never figured that out..lol