Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,073
    edited November 2020
    tjc78 said:

Only way I can consistently post pics is on a PC. I just use the snipping tool and copy/paste into the posting window. Works everytime.

That doesn't work at all for me. But picture posting in Firefox (and sometimes in Chrome and Safari too) has been broken on this site for years. Nobody knows how (or wants) to fix it.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    edited November 2020
    So strange, not sure why it’s so inconsistent across platforms.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,489
    sda said:

Shed floor looks great. Is the vinyl glued down?

no. I was worried about the temperature extremes messing with the adhesive so I just left it floating. Plus if it gets too beat up, can just pull it out and put a new piece in.

Definitely vastly better for keeping clean, especially sand and grit. super easy to sweep out, and won't get stuck in the floor seams or chew up the wood.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Does it have electricity?

no. But the pool electric panel is right next to it so very doable. I just don't have a need for it.

I had no problem posting the picture from my PC. Just copy/pasted the picture out of an email using the attach image box. Windows laptop running Chrome.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,533
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I like this:

Yup, some people like family get togethers, and some people don't. I do.....depending on which members of the family are involved!

You better not be double-dipping today and celebrating our Thanksgiving. That’ll get you a dues bump for sure.😫

For my US poster buddies, Happy Thanksgiving.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    stickguy said:

Does it have electricity?

no. But the pool electric panel is right next to it so very doable. I just don't have a need for it.
    I guess that means you’re not getting a large screen TV or you’re not going to mouth off.😳

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    I can always go in the garage. Too much junk in the shed anyway. And hot without AC in the summer!

At least the new one doesn't smell like mouse pee.

stickguy said:

I had no problem posting the picture from my PC. Just copy/pasted the picture out of an email using the attach image box. Windows laptop running Chrome.

As has always been the case, it’s totally inconsistent. This Vanilla software used for these forums is very flaky.

stickguy said:

I can always go in the garage. Too much junk in the shed anyway. And hot without AC in the summer!

Yet.

jmonroe

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    stickguy said:

And that can be easily fixed with a little electricity and a window air conditioner through the wall.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/11/06/la-traffic-car-accidents-pandemic/

Doesn't mean all that much as they don't have a good grasp of the percentage of miles driven that went down too, but apparently the COVID-19 speeding effect didn't cause that much carnage.

Less “other bad drivers” on the road 😂
    So only the non-essential workers are "other bad drivers?"
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I like this:

Yup, some people like family get togethers, and some people don't. I do.....depending on which members of the family are involved!

You better not be double-dipping today and celebrating our Thanksgiving. That’ll get you a dues bump for sure.😫

jmonroe

I'd love to be in Florida celebrating Thanksgiving #2 this year, but, I am stuck in the frozen tundra....only about 55F today. Maybe we should order a turkey dinner from a local place that has good ones....in honor of my C&C buddys.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,265
    andres3 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

Doesn't mean all that much as they don't have a good grasp of the percentage of miles driven that went down too, but apparently the COVID-19 speeding effect didn't cause that much carnage.

andres3 said:

mjfloyd1 said:

andres3 said:

Your quote so you tell me😂
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I like this:

jmonroe

I'd love to be in Florida celebrating Thanksgiving #2 this year, but, I am stuck in the frozen tundra....only about 55F today. Maybe we should order a turkey dinner from a local place that has good ones....in honor of my C&C buddys.
    Well, it’s 50 F right now in North Huntingdon PA (just a little East of the Burgh). We’re at Son #2’s place just about to dig into the bird. This place smells great. Eat your heart out.

jmonroe

edited November 2020

stickguy said:

And that can be easily fixed with a little electricity and a window air conditioner through the wall.
    Our neighbor growing up had the best shed. It was stick built on a slab to mimic the styling of the house and had a regular house door, full work benches all the way around, grinder wheel, etc.

It was fully insulated and had AC/heat. Great place to work on little projects. It wasn’t huge, but nicely done.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,637
    Let’s see if stickkguy’s suggestion works.
    2.5MB

2B164AD7-585A-401F-9448-76E999825CB4
    .jpeg

E06CB1AF-45C0-44C3-A0FC-8B01CF6A2123
    .jpeg

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

try again.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

Chase Young = amazing. Thanksgiving Sack lunch. :D
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

I like this:

jmonroe

Well, it’s 50 F right now in North Huntingdon PA (just a little East of the Burgh). We’re at Son #2’s place just about to dig into the bird. This place smells great. Eat your heart out.

jmonroe

I'm jealous :'(

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Those were two pretty awful NFL games yesterday. Despite winning yesterday I have never been able to get excited about the Texans over the years. And the performance by the Cowboys was simply pathetic.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,926
    ab348 said:

Those were two pretty awful NFL games yesterday. Despite winning yesterday I have never been able to get excited about the Texans over the years. And the performance by the Cowboys was simply pathetic.

I had $ on Washington, but I like to see smart play regardless. The Cowboys going for it on 4th and 10 from their own 24 (and down by just 4 with nearly a full quarter to go) has to be one of the dumbest plays I have witnessed in a very long time.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

https://insideevs.com/news/447593/tesla-suspension-issues-owners-true-stories/

I keep seeing bad stories about Tesla the last few days. Bad. Bad.

I used this opportunity to post a picture since some are having trouble. I occasionally have trouble with the pull down menu next to the picture icon. When it won't drop down, I reboot chrome. I am not sure if that happens in Brave browser or not. But rebooting the chrome usually works. Occasionally I've rebooted the whole laptop Windows 10 and let that fix the problem.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Hmmmm....the photo icon does not work, nor does copy and paste. Tried to use the pull down to log out and log back in to Edmunds Forums, that doesn’t work either. Crazy!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,869
    ab348 said:

And whatta ya know. They can use just the name Washington and they don't need a nickname. Who would have ever thought? :)

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,963
    I can’t believe it took me over a month to remove the dealer sticker. This one was really stuck on as I believe it was on since the car was sold new. The car was sold new at the same dealer. Unable to post from my photo gallery from my I pad, which hasn’t been an issue in the past.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Hmmmm....the photo icon does not work, nor does copy and paste. Tried to use the pull down to log out and log back in to Edmunds Forums, that doesn’t work either. Crazy!

What's really odd this morning is that the photo icon actually responded to me using Firefox, for the first time in a very, very long time, surely over a year. I don't know why I even tried it. And now it is unresponsive again. Unreal.

edited November 2020
    Is it Apple products where members are having trouble on the menus and pulldowns?

I did a search for problems with pull down menus on apples and found it's a fairly common
    problem in the complaints through some years.

Usually occurring after an update... Some suggest doing a process to clear the cache. https://theme.co/forum/t/drop-down-menu-stopped-working-after-update-for-smartphone-ipad/70851

I use a couple of small programs to clear cookies, leftover files, cache, and other junk to keep my Windows
    machines running clean. I don't know if Cleanup! and CCleaner have equivalents in the Apple world.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    venture said:

ab348 said:

And whatta ya know. They can use just the name Washington and they don't need a nickname. Who would have ever thought? :)
    Originally professional sports teams didn't have nicknames, they had names like "The Chicago professional baseball club" and it was the sports writers who nicknamed them. In this case the aforementioned team was nicknamed the White Stockings by the sports press because the team had white stockings.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

venture said:

ab348 said:

Originally professional sports teams didn't have nicknames, they had names like "The Chicago professional baseball club" and it was the sports writers who nicknamed them. In this case the aforementioned team was nicknamed the White Stockings by the sports press because the team had white stockings.
    They must have had women sports writers back then since they used the word “stockings”. Any self respecting man would have used the word, “socks”. 😳

jmonroe

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

venture said:

ab348 said:

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    Well the turkey is almost done and everything else is getting done.
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

ab348 said:

They must have had women sports writers back then since they used the word “stockings”. Any self respecting man would have used the word, “socks”. 😳

jmonroe

Well that was in the 1870's and things were different then, since then the White Stockings name has been changed to the Colts, then the Orphans and finally the Cubs. If you want "what were they thinking" names how about the Cleveland Infants

edited November 2020

Is it Apple products where members are having trouble on the menus and pulldowns?

I did a search for problems with pull down menus on apples and found it's a fairly common

Usually occurring after an update... Some suggest doing a process to clear the cache. https://theme.co/forum/t/drop-down-menu-stopped-working-after-update-for-smartphone-ipad/70851

I use a couple of small programs to clear cookies, leftover files, cache, and other junk to keep my Windows
    machines running clean. I don't know if Cleanup! and CCleaner have equivalents in the Apple world.

That’s what happened to me, right after an Apple update. Not sure what a cache is but if it’s what I suspect, I’ll give it a try. There’s something in the Settings menu that says “clear history and website data”.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Another near miss at being T-boned. Four-way stop sign. I let the southbound driver on my right go even though I got there a second ahead of him. If I had started across, the northbound middle-aged lady in her EquinoX would have hit me on driver's side. She missed the stop sign because the right turn land and the thru lane have a space between them--the stop sign is further off to the right than normal on the grass.

I blew the horn at her as she went by. She was all primped up with her hair in place and looked dressed. Probably going to Kroger for the Black Friday specials. LOL

I wondered if she even knew why someone blew the horn at her. No phone. No cigarette. No looked in mirror. Just looking straight ahead.

I getting scared of driving with all these older people around. First a motorcyclist who might have been 50ish. Then this lady at 60ish.

That’s what happened to me, right after an Apple update. Not sure what a cache is but if it’s what I suspect, I’ll give it a try. There’s something in the Settings menu that says “clear history and website data”.
    In computers a cache is a file that stores certain data like user settings and such to make loading websites faster. Clearing the Cache will solve many problems with websites but it will make loading and surfing websites a little bit longer and annoying the first time going back in. Like you may have to sign back into Edmund's after clearing the cache.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,131
    You should visit Spokane. I've never seen so many uncontrolled residential intersections - scares the heck out of me sometimes. I know in theory it should be "traffic calming", as everyone will be looking to yield, but not everyone seems to play by that book, and they aren't just kids who haven't yet learned. I most fear that 2008 Focus with a missing hubcap, suspicious "patina", and a ton of stickers aimlessly flying down the street, or the oversized truck (usually seems to be a Tundra or GM around here) unstoppably bulldozing its way to off road fun at the strip mall or fast food joint. And turn signals, lol, maybe not worse than Seattle, but probably not any better. At the same time, I've only seen enforcement on the key arterials, and I90 through the city can probably serve as an Autobahn in spots, no room for speedtraps.

However, with lower overall traffic density, I am using the horn a bit less, so that's nice.

Another near miss at being T-boned. Four-way stop sign. I let the southbound driver on my right go even though I got there a second ahead of him. If I had started across, the northbound middle-aged lady in her EquinoX would have hit me on driver's side. She missed the stop sign because the right turn land and the thru lane have a space between them--the stop sign is further off to the right than normal on the grass.

I blew the horn at her as she went by. She was all primped up with her hair in place and looked dressed. Probably going to Kroger for the Black Friday specials. LOL

I wondered if she even knew why someone blew the horn at her. No phone. No cigarette. No looked in mirror. Just looking straight ahead.

I getting scared of driving with all these older people around. First a motorcyclist who might have been 50ish. Then this lady at 60ish.

Well the turkey is almost done and everything else is getting done.

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

ab348 said:

jmonroe

Well that was in the 1870's and things were different then, since then the White Stockings name has been changed to the Colts, then the Orphans and finally the Cubs. If you want "what were they thinking" names how about the Cleveland Infants
    Well, for the last decade, at least, the Browns played like Infants. They might have turned the corner but I’ll wait for a while before I call them real pros.😗

jmonroe

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    fintail said:

From one of my favorite movies ever!

50s and 60s is old to you? Get ready for some big surprises.

I know what you mean though. At the local Walmart there is a 4 way intersection with only a 3 way stop. Invariably, when I go through the no-stop part of the intersection some clown with a stop sign blows through requiring a brake slam. Conversely, when I’m at the stop sign side of the intersection a clueless motorist will stop at the no-stop side and sit there while traffic backs up onto the highway.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    We make our own as well

I have an iPad and a laptop and haven’t had problems with pull down menus unless the site hasn’t been configured for IOS (phone and iPad system). Nowadays most of them are.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    question for the know it alls pros. still trying to de-sap my car after getting trashed by a pine tree. one big blop I missed that is hardened on the front bumper cover (so white painted plastic). I have an old bottle of bug and tar remover which is not doing much on it, and I don't want to get too aggressive trying to scrape it off.

so what is the best product to put on to loosen it up so I can safely get it off (maybe flicking it with a fingernail, my go-to safe removal tool!)

stickguy said:

question for the know it alls pros. still trying to de-sap my car after getting trashed by a pine tree. one big blop I missed that is hardened on the front bumper cover (so white painted plastic). I have an old bottle of bug and tar remover which is not doing much on it, and I don't want to get too aggressive trying to scrape it off.

so what is the best product to put on to loosen it up so I can safely get it off (maybe flicking it with a fingernail, my go-to safe removal tool!)

Not sure if it will work on sap but I get rid of what's left of bugs that couldn't get out of the way by covering them with a wet paper towel and let it sit for 15 minutes or so. This allows water to be absorbed by the bug parts and afterwards it comes up easily. So try that and see it it will soften up the sap. May not do it but it wont hurt.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,963
    WD-40 may work. I know dad used gasoline on a rag...careful

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

might try WD 40 and goo be gone. Might not get it all, but shouldn't hurt the paint of panel which is more important. Might need a pay for it detail at some point to really get it right.

+1 WD-40

Dish detergent (Dawn) and hot water.

dawn, doesn't that take the wax off? Though not an issue on just the bumper cover I guess.

I'll just bring all the options out and start trying until I get one that works

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504

Conversely, when I’m at the stop sign side of the intersection a clueless motorist will stop at the no-stop side and sit there while traffic backs up onto the highway.

Yup, and these people can all vote, not that it matters.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester