Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rogue SV AWD 2020

454tristate454tristate Member Posts: 4
edited November 2020 in Nissan
Hello,

I had checked last month re residual and MF on a 2020 Rogue SV AWD in NH and VT. Did not pull the trigger. Can I get these for Nov and Dec, 15K /yr, 36 months.

Just checking my understanding of calculating a good deal. My understanding is to start with the selling price, which is msrp minus whatever the dealer will discount. Add admin fees, sales tax, state fees, for gross capitalized cost. Then take off the incentives or rebates, and any downpayment, to get net capitalized cost. Subtract residual value to come up with depreciation, divide by 36 for monthly payment. Calculate interest change using MF, and add to monthly depreciation payment. Yes/No?

I am finding dealers seem to be lumping in the Nissan incentives with their discount, muddying the waters. Given that we are end of season for 2020 I would think they are anxious to get rid of any still on the lot.

As well, I have a Rogue at end of lease, buy out is 13,5k, and they seem to be selling around 15-16k. So I assume the dealer will turn it around and make some profit there. Would that motivate them to give me a rock bottom deal?

Any advise appreciated. Thanks for this wonderful service
Tagged:

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    edited November 2020

Hello,

I had checked last month re residual and MF on a 2020 Rogue SV AWD in NH and VT. Did not pull the trigger. Can I get these for Nov and Dec, 15K /yr, 36 months.

Just checking my understanding of calculating a good deal. My understanding is to start with the selling price, which is msrp minus whatever the dealer will discount. Add admin fees, sales tax, state fees, for gross capitalized cost. Then take off the incentives or rebates, and any downpayment, to get net capitalized cost. Subtract residual value to come up with depreciation, divide by 36 for monthly payment. Calculate interest change using MF, and add to monthly depreciation payment. Yes/No?

I am finding dealers seem to be lumping in the Nissan incentives with their discount, muddying the waters. Given that we are end of season for 2020 I would think they are anxious to get rid of any still on the lot.

As well, I have a Rogue at end of lease, buy out is 13,5k, and they seem to be selling around 15-16k. So I assume the dealer will turn it around and make some profit there. Would that motivate them to give me a rock bottom deal?

Any advise appreciated. Thanks for this wonderful service

.00153 and 59%
    $700 incentive

Lease Payments Calculations

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4