Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Homelink Garage Door opener only works inside the garage

crjmljcrjmlj Member Posts: 1
edited July 2021 in Acura
I just got a 2021 Acura RDX with Tech package. The homelink garage opener would only work if the nose of the car was practically touching the garage doors. Took back to dealer and got a 2021 Acura RDX loaner (exact same car, different color). I programmed that car and the openers worked fine - I could open the garage doors from the street. Dealer says they replaced "command module" and "it's fine now". Got home, programmed the buttons and now the garage door opener ONLY works when I'm inside the garage.
My garage door opener is LiftMaster and it is old. The dealer originally mentioned needing an adapter or something. However, since the loaner car worked perfectly, I can't think that's the issue.
Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,554
    crjmlj said:

I just got a 2021 Acura RDX with Tech package. The homelink garage opener would only work if the nose of the car was practically touching the garage doors. Took back to dealer and got a 2021 Acura RDX loaner (exact same car, different color). I programmed that car and the openers worked fine - I could open the garage doors from the street. Dealer says they replaced "command module" and "it's fine now". Got home, programmed the buttons and now the garage door opener ONLY works when I'm inside the garage.
    My garage door opener is LiftMaster and it is old. The dealer originally mentioned needing an adapter or something. However, since the loaner car worked perfectly, I can't think that's the issue.
    Any help is appreciated!

Do you have fluorescent bulbs in the garage or the opener? When they start to fail, they can interfere with the signal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ShelAnderShelAnder Member Posts: 1
    Ensure the antenna on your LiftMaster garage door opener is aligned correctly. Sometimes a misaligned antenna can cause a weak signal and limited range.
  • Options
    westeresh915westeresh915 Member Posts: 1
    It's frustrating when the Homelink garage opener doesn't work as expected. If the loaner car worked fine with your garage door opener, it's worth checking if there's a compatibility issue with the LiftMaster and your specific Acura RDX. You could try reaching out to LiftMaster or Acura for further guidance on potential solutions or compatible adapters. It's important to ensure all programming steps are followed correctly as well.