Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

CR-V sudden stop

ralphantonelliralphantonelli Member Posts: 9
edited July 2021 in Honda
I was driving at 20 miles an hour and suddenly brake system stopped my cr-v. I brought the cr-v to the dealer that said that these things happen. They said that it was an issue with the software. I don't understand why there isn't a recall. If I was driving on a road with more traffic it may not have ended well. They checked the entire system and said it was OK, but I am concerned in the future. Has anyone else had this issue and what is the solution?

Comments

• Options
    rickdonrickdon Member Posts: 123
    Sounds like the issue is related to your electric parking brake switch.
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

Had they same thing happen a couple times on my 2020 Accord. Once a hard brake,, the other soft.I guess the same braking system. Thick painted lines going into an exit ramp, had set it off. I've read from other people to just give the car gas to override the braking. Think I may tapped brake then gas. Seems like my car will occasionally slow down a tad when lane dividers are off...from construction. I just give the car more gas. But the hard braking has stopped. I attribute this to my cars intelligence and loyalty to its owner
    😉

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

I did inform the dealership about 8 months ago.They said some nonsense about the sensors picking up dirt or road debris. But acted like they didn't want to deal with it.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    CACrvCACrv Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2017 CR-V EX-L. My CR-V stopped suddenly once on its own. Things flew off the front seat and I was fortunate not to be rear ended by someone behind me. I also experience periodic BRAKE alerts (False Positive alerts). I made complaints to American Honda and to the NTSB as well as several dealer service appointments. Of course, the problem could not be replicated by the dealer.

Issue mitigation:
    -I try to remember to manually turn off the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) each time I drive the car.
    -I also make sure to clean/wipe off/wash the sensor pad located on the grill below the "H" insignia each time I clean my windshield or wash the car. One of the dealer service personnel shared that they hear complaints about braking/stopping issues when it rains. They noted dead insects on my sensor. Uneven surfaces such as bridge grating can cause false braking issues as well.

I hope this helps. It is a very scary problem.