Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2023 Honda CR-V buying experiences and model differences analysis

eenglish99eenglish99 Member Posts: 28
edited December 2022 in Honda
I am looking at a 2023 Honda CR-V, especially EX-L. Even though a new generation, I like the new electronics and safety features. Although I usually avoid new model, this has almost the same drive train as the 2022 and they have been making CVT "forever". Also looking at EX-L vs EX for better electronics. I think the 2023 CR-V is the same new electronics as the 2022 Civic. Looking for buying experiences especially in New Hampshire and Massachusetts but other areas would be good for price comparisons. I also go to Florida in the winter. My current bad experiences are $3,000 over MSRP at a dealer in Stratham New Hampshire and $5,000 over MSRP in Venice Florida. Better in 2 local dealers with "just" MSRP in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and are "talking" for later on. I plan on pulling the trigger when coming back from Florida to New Hampshire in May. Probably finalizing offers in Mass or NH, where I have been shopping before coming back. Probably making a "remote" deal on March or April when I anticipate that the crazy over MSRP dealers have no customers and the crazy buyers peter out. Also would like input on the "L" in EX-L. Even talking with dealers I have had varying analysis whether this is leather steering wheel plus ....
(1) leather stitching
(2) leather trim which is the "sides" of the seats
(3) real full leather seats that normal "L" customer expect.
Would appreciate a definitive answer on the "L" issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302

I am looking at a 2023 Honda CR-V, especially EX-L. Even though a new generation, I like the new electronics and safety features. Although I usually avoid new model, this has almost the same drive train as the 2022 and they have been making CVT "forever". Also looking at EX-L vs EX for better electronics. I think the 2023 CR-V is the same new electronics as the 2022 Civic. Looking for buying experiences especially in New Hampshire and Massachusetts but other areas would be good for price comparisons. I also go to Florida in the winter. My current bad experiences are $3,000 over MSRP at a dealer in Stratham New Hampshire and $5,000 over MSRP in Venice Florida. Better in 2 local dealers with "just" MSRP in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and are "talking" for later on. I plan on pulling the trigger when coming back from Florida to New Hampshire in May. Probably finalizing offers in Mass or NH, where I have been shopping before coming back. Probably making a "remote" deal on March or April when I anticipate that the crazy over MSRP dealers have no customers and the crazy buyers peter out. Also would like input on the "L" in EX-L. Even talking with dealers I have had varying analysis whether this is leather steering wheel plus ....
    (1) leather stitching
    (2) leather trim which is the "sides" of the seats
    (3) real full leather seats that normal "L" customer expect.
    Would appreciate a definitive answer on the "L" issue.

Don't know the answer to your questions, but I doubt a CR-V has ever come with full leather seats. Not sure any make offers that. You either want leather where your butt and back are, or not. Because with almost every make, that's all you get.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    GreeneCoGreeneCo Member Posts: 1
    I'm from Indiana and the dealer tried to charge $3500 over MSRP. Do the research, the 2023 is my third CR-V EX. It only has an AM/FM radio; no SiriusXm. Also, there aren't release latches on the sides of the cargo area to lay the seatbacks down. the EX-L may still have these features.
  • Options
    amberlambamberlamb Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2023

How did it turn out? I am wanting a sport touring and from the prices I have been quoted in southern CA I mine as well buy a Lexus. This would be my first Honda, and wow the dealers seem terrible and dishonest!