Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Passport Maintenance

2»

Comments

• Options
    dguynesdguynes Member Posts: 1
    Let me start by saying I like my Passport. I think it is still one of the best looking SUVs on the road. If the truck had cup holders I'd never sell it. I am having one problem though, I am getting a rather loud rattle noise coming from the AC. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
  • Options
    hjnghjng Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2000 honda passport last Sep.. It stalled out total 5 times while I was driving from then. I was so lucky that I'm still alive. I want to contact with the manufactory, but I cannot get the manufactory address even a phone number.
    If somebody know the info, would you please help me out and send an email to hai_zuo@hotmail.com? Appreciate.
  • Options
    andrewknappandrewknapp Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading about the 50mph vibration. I just got a 97 from my mother in law and have braking problems. So I took off the rotors to have them turned. When I did I noticed that the spindle had been heated up and changed colors as if the wheel bearing had gone. The rollers looked fine but the inside of the bearing have changed colors also. If the spindle was not made correctly, I believe it would cause this vibration. I repacked the bearing which all were fine except may be one ( but it was Sunday night late) so I put them all back in. I still get the vibration.

I also notice using 2 quarts of oil in 3,200 miles. Has any one else noticed this? If so what was it. I may not keep it long if this seems to be a broblem.
  • Options
    jspikeyjspikey Member Posts: 21
    After I got the four wheel drive problem fixed, I had to go test it out. If you've read message #50 you'll see that I had the vacuum switch solenoid replaced. The four wheel drive system works like a charm after taking it out to Galena last weekend for a snow boarding. Considering Galena is not really a mountainous area I took the Passport offroading going through snow trails. They're really not snow trails since I just picked my own trail. I've been wondering what those other guys on the Jeep forum are talking about saying that the Jeep is one of the best offroader. Their maybe right but my Passport can hold it's own. I didn't get stuck anywhere, but of course I was cautious enough not to get stuck. The ground was covered with snow and there were no roads going uphill, with the truck on four wheel drive there were no hesitation. I know that if I tried that trail with my car I would be stuck coz the tires on my truck was digging in the snow. When I went back to the trail to get back on the road I could see how deep my tires went. I would not even dare try it with my car. So the snow test went great, I can't wait for summer and check out some dirt trails. Does anyone know some good dirt trail paths with camping around Illinois?
  • Options
    billlanebilllane Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a second car for town use. Have owned 9 Honda vehicles over 20 years, extremely pleased with all...will I be pleased with a 1995 Honda Passport with 135,000 miles on it? I expect to keep it about a year. It was a leased commercial vehicle and is in really good physical shape inside and out.
  • Options
    hopster1hopster1 Member Posts: 14
    I own a 1999 Honda Passport EX 4WD and I love the thing but I've been having a problem with a vibration underneath. It sounds like a heat shield or something and it occurs when I accelerate at around 2000 to 2500 ram. It is more pronounced when I am turning or going up an incline. Has anyone else had this problem? I've taken it to my local Honda dealership on Cape Cod and they have been very, very nice but unable to uncover the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated. BOW. I have a brother who owns a 1998 Explorer and a friend who owns a 1999 Grand Cherokee and both have rather have had my Passport. Although my trucks a little smaller they have had many more problems and like the ride on my Passport better. Especially off-road. Explorer is too truck like and Cherokee is too squishy.
  • Options
    johndallasjohndallas Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2000 Passport that has been in the shop 7 times now for various problems (Check Engine 3 times, Airbag 2 times, Brakes 1 time, and Alternator 1 time) the car has only 9000 miles and is obviously a lemmon. The dealership doesn't want to help us by buying back the car or offering a decent trade. Has anyone had any luck getting resolution for a Lemmon like this? Email me at johndallas@hotmail.com
  • Options
    itonicitonic Member Posts: 1
    I have a '95.5 Honda Passport 4WD w/ 80k miles (auto)and the Check Trans light went on and the vehicle barely moves. At first I thought the transmission went out, however, it seems like it is stuck in the "winter" operation mode. The tarns. has been been serviced at all scheduled times, most recently 3 mos.. ago. The tarns fluid is still red and clean. Has anyone had any experiences like this?
  • Options
    R92688R92688 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 95 Honda Passport LX with 95K miles on it. The only problem I have is a chatter which comes out of the driver rear side that appears to be increasing. At first I thought the left shock was lose, however all the bolts to the shocks are tight. While looking underneath, I had noticed the ends of the leaf springs are fan out with small spaces inbetween them. Logic tells me if this is the cause, then both sides in the rear will make noise, but it's only coming from the driver side. The chatter comes on when I go over a bump and on off road conditions (dirt roads). Noise occurs whenever a slight bump occurs. I am suspecting the ends of the leaf springs are hitting against each other each time they flex, but there is no visible difference from the passenger side. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem on their 95 passport.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.