Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

mznmzn Member Posts: 727
edited August 2014 in Acura
As this wonderful car has become an integral part
of the Hatchbacks conference (I know, I know but I
couldn't resist!) let's continue here the
conversation we started earlier.

carlady/host

Comments

• sakinoshsakinosh Member Posts: 34
    Just to satisfy my wife's curiousness...but does anybody have any idea how much one could get for selling a '92 LS Integra w/ 201k miles on it? Would I be crazy asking $4500? Or would somebody even desire a car like this, besides me?
    I'm not going to sell it, but I want to let my wife know that we'd be better off keeping the car and driving it onto +300,000 miles because it's not worth selling. I'd think I could at least get $3500... any comments.
    Edmunds.com's cool new TMV used car appraiser says I could get $5,800 for it!!!! Really?!! Automatic, clean condition, no mechanical problems, spoiler.
  • kjkjkjkj Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a used car and I am looking at a 96 LS Special Edition tomorrow. I would like to get some info/advice.

1) What are the differences between the standard LS and the Special Edition. I found a feature comparison on Intellichoice, but the only differences were leather seats, custom wheels and different tires (which I'm sure have been replaced) I read somewhere that the Special Edition has suspension tuned like the type R. Any other differences?

2) Do the coupes handle better than the sedans?

3) The technology for ABS and airbags has improved since 1996. How has it change in the Integra?

Thanks for the help!
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    1.)The LS Special Edition does NOT have a Type R suspension. Special Editions are LS models with the GS-R appearance upgrades, but not the mechanical bits. (In other words, the 140 hp engine, etc.) Honda does this a lot, like the with the Special Edition Accords (basically an LX model with a sunroof and alloys)

2.) In theory, the coupe would handle better than a sedan, simply due to the extra body rigidity inherent in having two fewer doors, but they're mechanically identical and you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in real-world driving.

3.) I'm not sure, although if I were to guess, I would imagine 2001 model Integras might have dual force airbags, but that's speculation on my part. I'd go to www.acura.com to find out.
  • rick126rick126 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone experienced a water leak, pass. side, under dash? Dealer has checked A/C, cowel, and windshield w/no luck. Also eliminated the drains from the sun roof. I'm desperate and running short on options. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
    Did the dealer check the A/C drain tube? Blow it out with some compressed air. I bet thet'll solve your problem.
    Of course, the previous post should read, "that'll ..."
    Anyway, the drain tube is located under the hood, probably on the right side of the car. They tend to get mold and sediment built up in them over time, and will cause leaking into the passenger compartment exactly where you describe it. This same thing happened to me with my Accord. The dealer didn't even charge me for the fix.
  • only1harryonly1harry Member Posts: 1,140
    The Integra '96 SE is basically a '96 LS as Lancerfixer said but with alloy wheels & leather.
    Now, the suspension is not exactly the same as the LS but it's definitely not Type-R or anything close. The '96 Integra SE is supposed to have the GSR's 24mm front sway bar instead of the LS's 22mm one. Not sure if it has the GSR's front upper strut bar. You can look under the hood for that. Look for a black bar between the two shock towers (also called upper shock tower bar or front upper tie bar). If it's not black (with no writing), it means the owner has installed an aftermarket one and it most likely didn't come with one.
    Now I can't confirm the 24mm front sway bar. I was told that by someone who owned a '96 SE. It kind of makes sense because I remember seen a couple of road tests back in '96 of an Integra SE by R&T and C&D, and the roadholding (lateral g's) index and slalom speed were higher than those of an LS. It was almost identical to the GSR's. So I 'd have to make the conclusion that it has the GSR's beefier suspension or close to it or it's "tuned" to the GSR's suspension as you put it, not Type-R's.
    The coupes do handle slightly better than the Sedans because they're 100-150lbs lighter (thus faster too)! 100+lbs less means faster steering response & cornering and slightly less body roll.
    If you want Type-R handling with the SE let me know. I did it with my GSR. There are many aftermarket companies that make performance springs, shocks, sway bars & tie bars to improve your car's handling.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    '11 BMW 335i coupe xDrive
    '13 Honda Accord sedan (wife's car)
  • sueplsuepl Member Posts: 1
    I have just found this site & this is my first time asking a question. Here goes...my favorite car in the world was a 1988 intergra 5 speed. Unfortunately, i had to sell it. I am now looking to buy a new car but the new integras are a bit out of my price range & also seem expensive for what they are (seem a bit bland on the inside). So, I'm debating between a Civic HX or a Golf GL. My priorties in a car are reliability, fun to drive, low cost maintenance. When I buy my new car I want to buy piece of mind. I always thought Hondas were "bulletproof" but have been reading some of the postings & been getting scared. People looking fondly back on their 1988's...yikes! Also read examples of things falling off VW's. I know no car is perfect but can't decide between these 2. I'm 35 & plan to own this car for at least 5-7 years. All suggestions welcome!
  • occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    A ceritifed used 1997-1998 Integra can be had for $14K-16K, even less if you lose the certification...hmm...lessee here...

I looked at the ridiculously high-priced CarMax inventory here in Dallas-Fort Worth and found a 1996 LS hatchback, automatic, in green, with 44K for $12,598. Also a 1997 LS hatchback, automatic, in red, with 57K, for $13,998. And also a 1998 LS hatchback, 5-speed, in black, with 20K, for $15,998. New Integras (2000 model) are being advertised for $16,995 in the newspaper.

I also know that BMW 318 hatchbacks are coming down in price. I saw a 1996 5-speed in red for sale not too long ago for $14,500. Ten years from now that will make a great courier car for me because it will be $4,500, more reasonable.
  • abbaabba Member Posts: 17
    FYI-

The previously posted info. on the SE model suspension is correct. IE-Bigger roll bar.

Also, in 1999, Acura upgraded all LS and GS model suspensions to GSR specs. The wheel and tires are even the same.

-abba
  • dewmandwtdewmandwt Member Posts: 1
    You can get the 2000 LS around here for under 18 bottom line, out the door. (Maryland)
  • jogfrogjogjogfrogjog Member Posts: 1
    Hey y'all, has anyone seen, or know of any sites that have pics of the new Integra? Not just the spy shots that have been in almost every car magazine I've looked at... just wondering thanks if you can help...
    Check out www.vtec.net in their news&rumors section. They've got a picture from a JDM magazine there. Honestly, I'm not too impressed with the front end...it looks like a cross between a Tiburon and a 300M to me.
    The wheels are not the same in LS/GS as GSR. The LS/GS has multispoke wheels that weigh 16lbs. The GSR 5 spoke wheels weigh 15.5lbs. Only the GSR 4-dr has the same wheels as the LS/GS.
    The front sway bar (anti-roll bar) is still 22mm in the LS/GS, not 24mm as in GSR. Also, the LS/GS still doesn't come with an front upper strut bar as the GSR. Don't know where you 're getting this info, but go to an Acura dealership and look under the hood of an LS & GSR for the upper tie bar.. Everything else is the same, ie: springs, shocks, control arms, 14mm rear sway bar, etc.
    There are many other differences between LS/GS & GSR besides the motor and the head, such as different transmission, shifter, larger radiator, intake manifold, ECU... too many to mention.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    I have a '97 Civic DX with 115k mi. on it. Only thing that went wrong was a speed sensor at 83k mi. Had an extended warranty so it covered it but I pretty much wasted the $600 I paid for the 100k mi. ext. warranty. If you keep up with the maintenance like tune-ups, change the fluids and filters regularly, the Civic will easily go over 200k mi. without major repairs.
    The only expensive maintenance item that I 've had is the timing belt (paid $389+tax at the dealer because they insist on replacing the water pump too, jerks) and you only have to do that every 80-90k mi. I 'm still on the original battery although I have a feeling it will die this winter since the car will be 4 yrs. old in 2 months. Had front brake pads & rotors replaced around 87k mi. Could 've had the rotors resurfaced but decided to go with new ones because they were only $48 ea. (www.hparts.com, dealer wanted $70) Still on the factory rear brakes. Can't complain. Honda parts are not expensive contrary to popular belief. I had a Geo Storm that I paid $90 for ea. disc rotor!
    I think the Civics are very reliable. There are guys with 200k+ on their Civics still racing them (autocross racing)! It's not the most comfortable car but it will get you from point A to point B. I drive mine hard and surprised how the shocks are still holding up pretty good, even after I 've had wider aftermarket wheels & tires on. It still corners very well and the ride is almost as it was when I bought it new.
    The Golf is a little better constructed which you can tell by each enormous weight for a small car. The average Golf weighs over 2800lbs where your average Civic is around 2350-2400. I 've been reading some scary stuff/troubles on new Golfs which I 've never seen on the Civic forum though. Most Civic owner complain about a rattle that comes from the rear. Mine comes and goes and I doesn't bother me. I have a Hatchback so some rattles are expected. I didn't get any for the first 60k miles though. After that I have one that comes and goes depending on how cold it's out.
    Next year I 'll probably be trading in it for another new Civic, maybe a '02. My commute is 160 mi/day and so far knock on wood I haven't got stuck once. You really can't go wrong with a Civic. I think the Golfs are reliable too but sometimes it's hit or miss or once you get all the little problems out of the way in the beginning, they 're ok, BUT the reports and surveys speak for themselves. The Civic always rates higher in reliability than any VWs. Don't get me wrong, the VW is a good car with a solid chassis, more options, slightly better handling, and gives better road feel, but since you emphasized reliability the Civic would be my choice.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • anonymiseanonymise Member Posts: 10
    The only pic I have seen of what is supposedly the new Integra is probably the same one everyone has seen, the camofalaged car driving up the ramp. Is it just me, or does this car look more like a Ford Focus coupe than an Integra? If this is the new Integra, it is very disappointing. It would be interesting to see an Integra with the 200hp Prelude engine though.
    I think that one with the black cover on the rear half of the car driving up the ramp (of a truck?) looks a lot like the current integra. The roof and the hood is almost identical. I bet they just changed the headlights and the rear. I just hope the weight doesn't go up dramatically. It would be nice to see the Integra with 150-160ft/lbs of torque and a couple of hundred ponnies. It still looks like about the same size so I 'm hoping it's not more than 2750lbs. That's an 80lb increase which I 'm told is the weight difference between the GSR & Prelude motor. If it's 3,000lbs like the Prelude, then it won't gain anything in performance.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    It would be nice to see 150+ stock torque numbers on an Integra.

Anyway, I just joined this forum because I am considering the Integra GS-R. I am also considering the Celica GT-S and Impreza 2.5RS (only because it is AWD and I'm in New England). Just wondering what you guys thought.

Also, does anyone know of a good exhaust that can be put on an Integra without making it sound like a dirt bike and preferably without a huge outlet? If i get the Celica or Integra the first thing I will do (after the stereo) is add an intake and exhaust to improve the torque numbers and I dont want a car that is incredibly loud at low revs.
    I 've heard good things about the Greddy Power Extreme exhaust and the Comptech cat-back exhaust (a little expensive). Not too loud but you 're still going to have a fairly large tail pipe of 3-4" and pretty noticeable.
    The AEM Cold Air Intake provides the most gains for the GSR. Anywhere from 11 to 15hp and 7-9ff/lbs of torque at the wheels and only costs about $210. I got 12.4hp and 7.5ft/lbs (dyno'd the same day before and after) at the wheels. That's 15hp advertised at the flywheel. The additional power and acceleration are very noticeable.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • toowonphivetoowonphive Member Posts: 1
    Considering 98 GS-R. Long time Honda/Acura owner. Wanted to know of any common problems experienced by owners of GS-R's, 98 in particular. My intent is to gain valuable information, not to bash Acura. I' simply looking for kink in armor to put into perspective all the great things I have read and heard when making the overall purchase decision. Well aware of the benefits/pros now looking for cons/imperfections. Hopefully you will be receptive to my needs.
  • zacurazacura Member Posts: 13
    I got a 00' GS in June, and I am leasing it for 3 years. My question is, when the new model comes out, will my car hold it's value, or will the value go down as a result of the new model? Advice appreciated.
    How much was the lease on your GS per month?...anyone know about how much a lease on a GS-R would be? I am thinking about leasing and then buying at the end of the lease as the monthly payments now will probably be easier for me right now than financing the purchase price.
    I don't the the g3 Integras will depreciate more as a result of the new generation Integras. Has never happened in the past. I see in the paper '90-93 Integras for sale and their owners asking considerable amounts of $$.
    Excess depreciation would be to your advantage though if you plan to buy that leased car at the end of the lease.
    Anonymise: Well in the past 20 mos that I 've been on Edmunds, people have paid between $299-369/mo for leased GSRs - 3yrs/36k mi. Of course $369 is a little steep but $300-330. There was one guy I remember that was paying $370 for a 2yr lease. I saw a paper advertising GSRs in '98 for $289/mo (not sedans). The leases now should be pretty low because I believe there still is a $1500 or $2K factory to dealer incentive on all Integras (check Edmunds Rebates & Incentives section).
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • sunilbsunilb Member Posts: 407
    Lease payments are a function of the following:

-term
    -down payment
    -lease charge factor
    -residual (determined by lessor: a bank or manufacturer)

Generally speaking, lessors ALWAYS ding the residual on a car when a new model is about to come out: more so if it's a completely new model and less so if it's just a cosmetic update.

If you are going to lease a car, educate yourself... dealers love to lease cars cause few people understand what's going on in these calculations. A good site is www.leasesource.com
  • abbaabba Member Posts: 17
    TO only1harry:

I agree there are many OTHER differences besides supension between the LS and GSR.

However, according to Acura's website, the sway bars are exactly the same. And, as you mentioned, the shocks, spring, bushings, etc. are also the same.

I don't consider an upper tie bar part of the suspension. It's mainly for a stiffer body.

And you may be right, about the wheels, but good luck noticing a .5 lb. difference. More importantly, the tires are still the same.

ABBA (A fellow Honda/Acura fan)
    You 're right. I talked to a few people and it seems the rear sway bar was a 13mm on '94 & 95 RS/LS. I guess it's been 14mm for a while. The Si has a 13mm sway bar so I think I confused it with that.
    The front upper strut bar plays a role in handling and steering. What about rear upper strut bar (in the trunk)? About 4 mos ago I added a Neuspeed one and it made a noticeable difference. The car turns faster now. Stiffening the chassis, means less body flexing and less forces on the springs & shocks thus better handling and sharper quicker steering. Tie bars absorb additional stress forces that would otherwise go to the suspension. A friend added a cross bar inside the car that goes between each side of the car low over the floor or the rear passenger area and he noticed an improvement in hadling immdediately. The Type-R has a smaller cross bar as well accross the trunk right behind the rear lights..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    the upper tie bars attach to a major suspension component - the shock towers. This also limits movement of the shocks and helps retain camber, toe & caster settings longer. Proper alignment settings means better handling too.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    www.vtec.net just posted some 'official' looking info from Acura. It seems the new Integra will be the Acura RS-X.

Check out the article and the picture.

Hopefully, the production version will be everything everyone expected.
    I guess it loses the name for sure..
    Looks pretty agressive and if this is a prototype we may not see it here until '03. Definitely looks like it means business.. Not bad. I doubt it will come with the pretty low front fascia and stuff. That may be an optional kit. Looks small and light. Let hope it has all the right stuff.
    I hate to say it but it kind of looks like a Celica a little doesn't it?
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Not sure if the '03 release date is accurate. The Acura MDX concept was introduced in the NAIAS last January 2000 and was released in the same year. I would not be surprised if they release the Teg replacement sometime late 2001. It could be the start of the way Acura does things.
  • titopuentetitopuente Member Posts: 46
    Honda likes to keep its products top secret until last minute.

I'm hoping the new Integra will be sold in NA by next fall......PLEASE!!!!!

OR BETTER yet....in SPRING!!!!! (which is highly unlikely).

Guess I'll have to wait. I just hope they keep the weight down.
  • gungadin_gungadin_ Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have an acura type R 1993 model and this car
    has been very good to me. I'm the orginal owner,and the only problem I have had was the ac compressor went out about 1 1/2 years ago. However now the evaporator is leaking. Since this model uses the old ac I can't fix it myself. I was thinking of retro fitting to the new ac. To clean out the old ac and the kit it will cost me about 60 bucks, which also includes a sealant that may just fix my problem. If this does'nt work im out 60 bucks no big deal. But for some garage to replace all the parts would cost me 600 bucks. Anyone think taking a shot at this 60 bucks solution would be good? This car has 95,000 miles its the lowest end car i paid 12k for it in 1993. Ive seen older models with 130k selling for 5500.00 used so I'm loving Acura. Was going to trade it in but all they want to give me is 3000 bucks they can screw off this car rules. Even though I have manual windows and doors. hehe. What do you guys think I can get for this car if I repair the ac. The ones I see in the paper dont stay in their very long and get sold at asking price.
    I think, for one thing, you should replace the "S" that's obviously missing from the nameplate of your RS model Integra...
  • sakinoshsakinosh Member Posts: 34
    Ouch, lancerfixer...did you really need to let gungadin know that?

Hmm... I wonder why they only offered $3k for a Type R(s) with manual windows???
    Hey guys, I got my Integra in June. It's a clover green GS. I put down $1200 and am leasing it for 3 years, 15000 miles per year. I'm paying $310 per month. As far as the car goes, everything has been excellent. I've put on 7600 miles so far, and I am wondering if I should do the Acura scheduled maintenance since the light is constantly reminding me to. Can anyone help me out with respect to getting the dealer maintenance done? Advice very much appreciated.
    What kind of help do you need? Take it to the dealer and get it done, especially with a leased car.
    Well, I just want to know how other people's experiences were with getting their services done by Acura. Like, were the prices fair,how long did they usually take to complete. Also, why do you say, "especially with a leased car?"

Thanks
    and wait till the car has at least 15k mi. to take it in for maintenance. Call them up and ask them how much the 7500 mi. warranty is and if they say anything more than $30-40, don't go because all they do is change the oil and nothing else. They won't even inspect anything because they know if there 's anything wrong they 'll have to eat the cost since they car has very low mileage and can't be blamed on the driver.
    The reset switch for the maintenance light is slightly to the right of the steering wheel all the way under the dashboard, like about where your right knee is. Feel your way down there and you 'll find it. Keep it depressed for at least 5 seconds (I think, read your manual). Sometimes it doesn't go away until you restart the engine.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    I meant the "7500mi. service" not warranty..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Thanks for your advice only1harry. I was initially thinking about resetting the light and getting a normal oil change done. Don't get me wrong, I want my car to remain like new for as long as possible, but at the same time I don't want to fork over extra cash for a simple oil change/car wash. The price they gave me was $45, and I don't think I drive my car hard enough to damage the cv boots/braking system yet. By the way only1, what do you think is a good way to accessorize an integra for under $200? Thanks again.
    The reason I said, "especially with a leased car" is because they could ding you financially at lease turn-in time if they don't have records of proper maintenance.
    That's a good point you make lancerfixer. Have you or anyone, ever turned in a leased car from Acura? If so, what was your experience? I try to keep my car in good shape, but I don't want to pay any more at the lease end.

Thanks
    No, I myself have never leased a car, but I have owned two Integras in the past (an '89 and then a '92) and they were both great cars. At the time, I was in the Air Force, and the nearest Acura dealer was 350 miles away in Denver; I had a local import repair shop do what little maintenance was needed on the cars. As such, I couldn't really comment on the service departments at Acura dealers.
    Okay, this is my first time owning my own car, but the experience is amazing. First of all, I got a great deal on a GS integra. Second, the dealership who sold me the car, Superior Acura in Overland Park, KS., is amazing. When I bought the car, I told my salesman that my dad was interested in getting a TL. So what does he do? He gives me a brand new white one for the night to take home and drive. I returned the car the next day, and I think my dad will definitely go for it soon. Now my car has 7800 miles on it, and I took it in to get the dealer maintenance on it, and the service clerk, a guy about 30'ish, actually showed me how to turn the light off by myself. He then had the mechanics take a look at it, and they gave me an oil change and car wash and charged me $22.00. I realized they gave me the 7500 mile service, and I think they did it for half off because I told them I was thinking about getting an oil change done, and having my local mechanic take a look at it. Oh, by the way, I took it in on a busy day, and they told me I would have to wait a couple of hours, I did'nt say anything about the wait, and right there in front of me was a purple 00' gsr loaner they were going to give me for the day! Is everyone else who owns an Acura as happy as I am with their dealership?
  • lokkilokki Member Posts: 1,200
    My other car is a BMW 328i and I have to say that I get treated well by BMW... however I get treated even better by Acura when I take my (comparatively) humble Integra in. Always a loaner, never a wait, never a run-around or a hassle.... I've owned 4 Integras since 86.

I think that the Integras need a better interior, better tires, and better soundproofing, but I'd put the quality of their cars and their service department up against any in the world.
    I agree with you lokki. Integras need better sound isolation, and better tires. Oh, and cupholders. I agree with you on BMW's. My friend's dad owns a 528 and he loves his dealer. I test drove a used 318ti hatchback before I bought my Integra, and I liked it, but it had 67000 miles on it, and the drive was a little off. So, when I told my salesman that I wanted to wait until they got something with a few less miles on it, he looked pissed off. Immediately, he told me that the 318 was my best option, and that it's hard to find and blah, blah, blah. I finally gave him my address and phone number and he never called back. Has anyone here ever done business with Baron BMW in Overland Park, KS?
  • cindycakecindycake Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 1992 Integra in August of 1998 with 110,800 mi. on it. It was by far the best car I ever owned. Besides oil changes and gas, I never had to spend a dime on it. My Integra was perfect the first year I owned it. The second year, when I was at about 130,000 mi, I had to put in a new master cylinder. Then it ran perfectly for another year. It didn't truly start to give me problems until it hit 147,000!! Last week, at 151,200, I finally blew my head gasket. I was so sad to see my little Integra go. We had traveled 40,000 in 2 years. I was so upset to lose such an outstanding car, I went out and bought another Integra! This time a 1994 LS coupe with 88,000 mi. I pick it up next week!! If it were any other car, I would never risk buying anything over 50,000 mi. However, Integra are great! For anyone contemplating what car they should get next (or what they should get for your kid), I strongly suggest an Integra! It's small, but not cramped. It's sporty but, for insurance purposes, still classified as "economy". Finally, It is VERY reliable.

I did have one question though:

I test drove the 94 Integra today. I am aware they did put a new transmission in the 94-99's, however, the acceleration seemed off on this particular one. It didn't respond too quickly to (normal)pedal pressure. It had really soggy acceleration. I was wondering if this a a normal characteristic of the new tranny, or should I tell the dealer to double check?
    5-speed or automatic? Auto Integras are well known to be slugs.
    I 've never had a problem with the service at 2 dealerships that I went to. They gave me a loaner car both times. I only went to 2 different dealerships because the wheel alignment was a little off on my GSR. Both dealerships did an alignment for free while the car had under 8k mi. If you slightly complain they seem to want to do everything to please you. My Honda dealer (I own a Civic too) is the opposite. They look to rip you off and want to charge you for warranty work. Different kind of people too..
    Luckily I only had one of those incidents with my Civic but they shut up and charged me nothing after I started yelling at them because they knew I was right and wasn't going to take their crap. With the Acura dealer I feel like I 'm treated like a king. Nice waiting room, free coffee and donuts, and you don't have to say anything to get a loaner. At the Honda dealer I had to scream to get a loaner and they gave me an '89 Civic w/120k mi. while mine is a '97! It rattled and the steering wheel shook on the highway, a very abused car that apparently wasn't maintained at all. All it needed was to have the tires balanced and the rotors cut, or a brake job.. I returned the car the next day and told them it was a nightmare driving that car and I 'd be glad to give it back.. I really hate my Honda dealer and I 'm glad nothing 's really gone wrong with the car after 120k mi.. and I do the tune-ups myself. I only took it to them for the timing belt.. I hope the GSR is just as reliable as the Civic and I think it will be. The Acura dealers are the best dealerships I 've encountered, far better than GM & Chrysler that I used to go to. The good thing is I haven't been inside the Acura dealership in over a year and don't plan to for a year but I do miss their free coffee & donuts, leather couch and the 27" TV :-)
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
This discussion has been closed.