Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, clpurnell. Enjoy your new car!

Car_Man
    Host
    Smart Shoppers / FWI Message Boards
  • Options
    shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    I worked out this lease payment on the 2002 explorer and get over 500 with taxes no money down he was quoted 430 can you figure out this payment

2002 xlt 6 cylinder sunroof 3rd seat cap cost cd reverse sensor 31200 sticker 33500
    3yrs /36 mths tax rate is 8.5% he dosent have explorer now so no incentives
  • Options
    Hi shaker58. In many parts of the country Ford is offering consumers a 36 month lease rate of only 1.5% through its captive finance company on the 2002 Explorer. Also, the 2002 Explorer XLT V6 4WD has a 3 year 12,000 miles per residual value of 49%. Using these numbers, I come up with a zero down pre-tax lease payment on your 2002 Explorer XLT 4WD (MSRP: $33,500 & cap cost: $31,200) of around $440. Keep in mind that Ford has a ton of loyalty programs available on this vehicle that are good through early October. If you currently own or are leasing an Explorer this could provide you with an additional discount of $1,000 to $3,500!

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
  • Options
    No problem.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    wsmithvwsmithv Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for advice and perspective

After buying a house and the wife loosing her job, I find finding my Jeep Grand Cherokee an expensive luxury. I make a hefty monthly payment, plus lots of fuel, plus lots of insurance. I bought the jeep to tow my boat. I really don't tow the boat that often, and this year the boat is sitting in the back yard (I own the boat from my bachelor days).

I checked the re-sale on the Jeep and spoke to the bank. It turns out I owe about as much on the Jeep what it is worth. I am curious how people would handle this situation. I don't even have the title to make a sale. The bank has that.

Selling the Jeep and walking, I will still need a commuter car (maybe a use corolla). I have already dumped $14k into down payment and loan payments. I will also be looking for something to tow the boat, someday!

What are your thoughts?

Will
  • Options
    justlurkingjustlurking Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the latest Mazda factory to dealer incentives, rebates and/or special APR (for NJ)?
    Carsdirect.com lists an "incentive" but it isn't clear how much it is. Before July 9, there was a $1500 customer rebate OR $1000 + special financing (1.9% for 36 months, 4.9% for 48-60 months). Is Carsdirect.com usually good about listing ALL incentives + rebates?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jinsongliujinsongliu Member Posts: 18
    will:

if I ware you, I may think about to find a second job. 14k is too much to lose for a car, and you may need it later.
  • Options
    Hi justlurking. I would be more than happy to provide you with detailed information on the available incentives that Mazda has on the vehicle that you are interested in, but you need to tell me exactly what model you want first. Once I have that info, I will let you know the answer to your question. Talk to you soon.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    justlurkingjustlurking Member Posts: 2
    I was looking for the incentives on a 2001 Mazda MPV ES.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Options
    wildorchidwildorchid Member Posts: 3
    I haven't seen any info regarding new incentive programs for Subarus. I know the last program expired on July 3. I would guess with some of 2002s coming out soon there would be a substantial incentive to dealers. Any info yet?
  • Options
    daviedodaviedo Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man, i'm looking at the '01 I30 luxury. any word on availability and factory incentives? i was high on the 2001.5 v6 passat until word of low milage problems started to filter through. any thoughts on the i30 vs. the vw?
  • Options
    OK, justlurking, right now Mazda is offering consumers special finance rates of 1.9% for up to 36 mo. and 4.9% for 37 - 60 mo. terms on the 2001 Mazda MPV. They also have $2,095 Dealer Cash on MPV models that equipped with the rear entertainment system, like the one that you are interested in. In lieu of this $2,095, there is $1,000 that may be used in conjunction with the special finance rates. Of course, Mazda also has special lease rates on this van.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Wildorchid, I know that Mazda is providing supported lease money factors on the 2002 Forester and Impreza right now. However, I do not believe that they are providing any sort of Consumer or Dealer Cash incentives on any 2002 models yet. I suspect that it will be at least another couple of months before they have any sort of cash incentives on the '02s.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi daviedo. I believe that Infiniti continued the $1,000 Dealer Cash that they had available on the 2001 I30 last month for the month of July. Both the I30 and the new Passat are very nice cars. However, if you are interested in an I30, you might want to check out the new 2002 Maxima when it hits showrooms. The 2002 Maxima is going to have an all new 3.5L V6 engine in it with an additional 38 or so HP compared to the current 3.0L that they are using. It sounds like it is going to be a really nice car.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    wildorchidwildorchid Member Posts: 3
    Carman, Let me clarify. I wondered what incentives were in place on 2001 Subarus. I figured with the 2002's coming out, there would be incentives to get rid of the 2001s. Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    matt00matt00 Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone know what are the Dealer incentives to purchase AND to lease (36 month 15K miles)Audi A6 2.8 and 2.7t. I am not sure if I would like to lease or buy my next car.

I greatly appreciate any info.
    Thanks,

P.S Edmunds please bring back the old Incentive/rebate page that you took away. It was very helpful to consumers.
  • Options
    al77al77 Member Posts: 2
    Edmunds lists special financing for my region (Alabama) on Yukon-XLs until 10/1/2001, however when I went to my local dealer, they tell me it's simply not true. The dealer went on to say that he was certain there wouldn't be any for this region either. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
  • Options
    uncommonmanuncommonman Member Posts: 65
    Keep the Jeep. Cut up ALL credit cards. Get the wife a job -- ANY job!! Cancel cable TV. Don't eat out. Most people get their wants and needs confused. You don't need cable TV, meals out, new clothes, beer, etc. -- you want them. A person must spend one dollar a week less than they earn, and they'll always have money. If you spend 100 dollars a week less than you make, you'll be rich!! Works for most millionaires. (Most millionaires actually drive "used" cars). It doesn't cost a lot to live, but it costs a lot to live extravegantly!!
  • Options
    Hi Matt. Audi is not providing Dealer or Consumer Cash on any of its vehicles this month. Rumor has it that they may end up introducing Dealer Cash on the current generation A4 to help dealers unload them before the completely new 2002 models begin to arrive in showrooms. However, given the fact that the 2002's won't begin to arrive until late August or even September I don't expect any cash in the immediate future. Plus, whether or not a manufacturer introduces incentives on a particular vehicle or enhances an existing incentives program all boils down to how well their sales are going. If Audi does not have any problem selling their 2001 A4s, then they may not need any cash support at all.

They do have special financing rates on the 2001 A4 2.8L right now. Additionally, they have special lease money factors on the majority of A4 models.

They also have special financing and lease rates on the 2001 A6 for the month of July. I doubt that they will introduce any cash at all for this particular car.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Al77, General Motors is providing special financing rates of 1.9% for up to 36 months, 4,9% for 48 months, and 5.9% for 60 months on the 2001 Chevrolet Suburban / GMC Yukon XL in their South Central & Western regions only. The only counties in Alabama that reside in GM's South Central region are: Choctaw, Mobile, Sumter, Greene, Pickens, Washington, & Lamar. Perhaps the dealership that you are shopping at is not in one of these counties.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    al77al77 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man,
    That clears things up with my local dealer on the special financing. I don't live real close to those counties in Alabama. Would you know where I could find a map outlining GMC's southcentral region?
  • Options
    Al77, I am glad that I was able to help you out. Here is a list of all of the counties and states that are considered to be in General Motors' South Central region:

Arkansas: All Counties.

Kansas: All Counties.

Missouri: All Counties.

Texas: All Counties.

Louisiana: All Counties.

Oklahoma: All Counties.

Alabama: Choctaw, Mobile, Sumter, Greene, Pickens, Washington, & Lamar.

Colorado: Yuma.

Iowa:Adair, Ida, Page, Adams, Jefferson, Pottawattamie, Appanoose, Keokuk, Ringgold, Audubon, Lee, Shelby, Cass, Mahaska, Taylor, Crawford, Mills, Union, Davis, Monona, Van Buren, Fremont, Monroe, Wapello, Harrison, Montgomery, & Wayne.

Illinois:Adams, Hardin, Perry, Alexander, Henderson, Pike, Bond, Jackson, Pope, Brown, Jefferson, Pulaski, Calhoun, Jersey, Randolph, Cass, Johnson, Saline, Christian, Macoupin, Sangamon, Clay, Madison, Schuyler, Clinton, Marion, Scott, Effingham, Mason, Shelby, Fayette, Massac, St. Clair, Franklin, Mcdonough, Union, Fulton, Menard, Warren, Gallatin, Monroe, Washington, Greene, Montgomery, Wayne, Hamilton, Morgan, Williamson, & Hancock.

Kentucky:Ballard, Graves, Mccracken, Caldwell, Hickman, Todd, Calloway, Hopkins, Trigg, Carlisle, Livingston, Union, Crittenden, Lyon, Webster, Fulton, & Marshall.

Mississippi:Adams, Itawamba, Pike, Alcorn, Jackson, Pontotoc, Amite, Jasper, Prentiss, Attala, Jefferson, Quitman, Benton, Jefferson Davis, Rankin, Bolivar, Jones, Scott, Calhoun, Kemper, Sharkey, Carroll, Lafayette, Simpson, Chickasaw, Lamar, Smith, Choctaw, Lauderdale, Stone, Claiborne, Lawrence, Sunflower, Clarke, Leake, Tallahatchie, Clay, Lee, Tate, Coahoma, Leflore, Tippah, Copiah, Lincoln, Tishomingo, Covington, Lowndes, Tunica, De Soto, Madison, Union, Forrest, Marion, Walthall, Franklin, Marshall, Warren, George, Monroe, Washington, Greene, Montgomery, Wayne, Grenada, Neshoba, Webster, Hancock, Newton, Wilkinson, Harrison, Noxubee, Winston, Hinds, Oktibbeha, Yalobusha, Holmes, Panola, Yazoo, Humphreys, Pearl River, Issaquena, & Perry.

Nebraska:Adams, Garfield, Nuckolls, Antelope, Gosper, Otoe, Blaine, Greeley, Pawnee, Boone, Hall, Perkins, Boyd, Hamilton, Phelps, Brown, Harlan, Platte, Buffalo, Hayes, Polk, Burt, Hitchcock, Red Willow, Butler, Holt, Richardson, Cass, Hooker, Rock, Chase, Howard, Saline, Cherry, Jefferson, Sarpy, Clay, Johnson, Saunders, Colfax, Kearney, Seward, Cuming, Keya, Paha, Sherman, Custer, Knox, Stanton, Dawson, Lancaster, Thayer, Dodge, Lincoln, Thomas, Douglas, Logan, Valley, Dundy, Loup, Washington, Fillmore, Madison, Webster, Franklin, Mc Pherson, Wheeler, Frontier, Merrick, York, Furnas, Nance, Gage, & Nemaha.

New Mexico: Chaves, Harding, Roosevelt, Curry, Hidalgo, San Miguel, De Baca, Lea, Sierra,
    Dona Ana, Lincoln, Socorro, Eddy, Luna, Union, Grant, Otero, Guadalupe, & Quay.

South Dakota: Charles Mix & Gregory.

Tennessee:Benton, Hardeman, Mc Nairy, Carroll, Hardin, Obion, Chester, Haywood, Shelby, Crockett, Henderson, Stewart, Decatur, Lake, Tipton, Dyer, Lauderdale, Wayne, Fayette, Madison, Weakley, & Gibson.

I hope that this information helps you out.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    Any rebates or discounts on the Mitsubishi Montero's due to the recent roll over problems?
  • Options
    qqqqqq Member Posts: 8
    Wanted to know if there are any incentives on the 2001.5 or 2002 Passats. In particular, on the 2001.5's because of end of model year and difference in warranty.
  • Options
    Diploid, Mitsubishi still has the same incentives available on the 2001 Montero that have been in effect for about a month or so. They have not made any enhancements to its programs yet, and probably will not make any dramatic changes to this truck's incentives unless its sales begin to seriously slow down from the negative publicity that it has received. Just in case you are interested, here are the latest incentives on this truck: the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero has special finance rates of 0% for up to 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months, and 3.9% for 60 months OR $1,500 Dealer Cash OR $500 Lease Cash and special low lease money factors available on it through September 4th.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    joesteinjoestein Member Posts: 23
    Car Man,

Is there any incentive or rebates or special financing on a new 2001 Toyota 4Runner? I am located in NYC, but I am moving to Monmouth County in NJ later this month. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe
  • Options
    cms4cms4 Member Posts: 2
    What are the current rebates and icentives for the Grand Cherokee Laredo, I live in Virginia.
  • Options
    Yes, Joe, Toyota is offering incentives on the 2001 4Runner in your neck of the woods right now. Through September 4th, in the NY region Toyota is offering $1,500 Consumer Cash OR special financing rates of 2.9% for up to 36 months, 3.9% for 48 months, and 5.9% for 60 months. There are also special lease money factors available through Toyota Financial Services on this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Cms4, are you interested in financing this truck through Chrysler Financial, purchasing it with some other sort of funding, or leasing it through Chrysler Financial? I ask because the incentives for this truck are different for each one of these scenarios. The more specific you can be about how you want to get this Jeep, the easier it will be for me to answer your question. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    joesteinjoestein Member Posts: 23
    Car Man,

I heard an advertisement on the radio yesterday from Nissan about the end of year clearance sale from Nissan. They stated that there was $1,500 cash back AND 0.9% financing on the Pathfinder. But when I looked at Edmund's incentive page, it said $1,500 or 0.9%, not BOTH. In addition, the commercial did not state any number of months for the 0.9% financing. Would it extend to 60 months or is it just to 38 months as the incentive page says.

Thanks for all your help.

Joe
  • Options
    Joe, I have heard the exact radio ad that you are talking about and it sure does sound like the spokesman says that the special financing program may be combined with the Consumer Cash allowance on the 2001 Pathfinder. However, when this program was originally announced on August 1st, I specifically recall seeing on the dealer bulletin that the Consumer Cash and special financing rates on the 2001 Pathfinder may not be combined. The bulletin specifically spelled this out because Cash and low interest rates can be combined on most other Nissan models. It is possible that they have since enhanced their August incentives to allow the combination of these two programs, but if they have I haven't heard about it. As far as the specific details of the financing plan go, I believe that the 0.9% rate is available for up to 36 months and a 3.9% is available for 37 to 60 months.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    eawegeaweg Member Posts: 50
    Car_man,

According to edmunds VW has $1000 customer cash for their 2001.5 Passats. Based on the TMV of $28k on a GLX w/Tip could I apply the extra $1K and expect to get the car for $27K? I have the feeling the dealer will already try to use the $1K to achieve the TMV anyway. I guess I could use the $1k to by the extended warranty on the 2001.5 model vs 2002 so that I can get free maintenance and peace of mind with the extended warranty. What are your thoughts? Thanks!
  • Options
    jusdreaminjusdreamin Member Posts: 63
    I am aware that Ford is having a clearance sale right now, but does anyone know when the next big sales event for them is typically?

Based upon what I could see from the dealers' inventories, they don't have the exact car I want in stock.
  • Options
    Eaweg, according to the "How We Calculate TMV Prices for New Vehicles" section of the TMV page on this site:

"Please note that the Edmunds.com base TMV new vehicle prices do not take into account the following items:

- Manufacturer-to-consumer incentives or
    rebates
    - these are different from
    manufacturer-to-dealer incentives and don't
    affect the actual transaction price; the
    consumer generally has the choice to apply
    these funds against the sales price as a down
    payment, or to accept a check for the amount of
    the rebate or incentive.

- Destination charge

- Tax or Title

- License/Registration Fees"

So it certainly looks to me as though Consumer Cash incentives could be subtracted from the TMV price to arrive at a target purchase price. You certainly have done some research on the VW Passat. Many people aren't aware that the free scheduled maintenance that was available on VWs in the past was not continued when they extended the warranty on 2002 models. If you purchase an extended warranty, you are right you would be able to get both the free scheduled maintenance and the longer coverage. This sounds like it may be the way to go for you.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Jusdreamin, the incentives on Ford's vehicles aren't really any more spectacular right now than they were last month and aren't any better than they will be next month. This whole "Sales Event" hype that they have in their ads really isn't much more than a way for them to get consumers into their showrooms. The vast majority of automakers increase their incentives on vehicles as the model year progresses, with the highest incentives available when they are trying to clear out left-over inventory as the next model year's vehicles begin to arrive in showrooms. That is exactly what is happening with Ford right now. The incentives that they have available on their 2001 models right now will probably remain the same, if not increase slightly over the next month or two. Furthermore, the incentives that they are providing on their 2002 models right now will almost certainly be enhanced down the road.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks. I didn't realize that there "sales events" were almost the same thing as those from Dept Stores, essentially. :)

What are the best incentives you've seen for Fords? I'm just trying to figure out when the best time to buy is.
  • Options
    hyunbaehyunbae Member Posts: 1
    I just heard that there is a new rebate for 2001 accords ... 0.9% apr. Does anyone know if this is true? All I know is that the 3.9,4.9,5.9 deal ends in 5 days.
  • Options
    enviromanenviroman Member Posts: 13
    Just went shopping for a 2001 T&C Limited in the DFW area. Chrysler has increased the cash back on the 2001 T&C Lmt. to $3800. Dealer went $10K off of MSRP which brought the price down to $25,800. I think that I got a great buy. If you have been waiting to get into one of these vans, looks like the time is right for buying.
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    .... Congrats, these are great vehicles -- lot's of room, Quads seats, etc, plus the air will blow you right out..especially living in the DFW area, this comes in a little handy ..

But there is one big drawback on these TC's --- Everyone wants you to drive. Hey, tell em you bought a Daewooh instead ..l...o...l..

Terry.
  • Options
    Jusdreamin, you're welcome. Ford's incentives vary quite a bit depending upon what model you are interested in. If you give me a list of models, I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what the incentives programs are like on them at this time.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on the great deal that you got, enviroman. You certainly were in the market for a Chrysler minivan at the right time, DaimlerChrysler just increased the lease cash on its remaining 2001 minivans by as much as $2,000 in some instances! It certainly is a great time to get one. Enjoy your new van.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Actually I'm looking at Mustangs. Either the base or the GT.
  • Options
    No problem, jusdreamin. In the vast majority of the country right now, Ford has $1,000 Consumer Cash or 2.9% special financing for 24 - 36 months, 4.9% for 48 months, and 5.9% for 60 months. In lieu of the $1,000 or lowest finance rates, consumers may select a combination of $750 consumer cash and 4.9% special financing for 24 - 36 months, 6.9% for 48 months, and 7.9% for 60 months on both the 2001 Mustang Base & GT.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    mom2boyzmom2boyz Member Posts: 1
    I am currently searching for a new car based largely on price. Incentives, especially low financing are important. I have used the Edmund's site profusely! At a Dodge dealer I was told the low APR and Customer Cash could not be combined. The Edmund's site gave no restrictions for both incentives on the 2001 Durango. The Dodge web site said the info was being updated. How up to date are your incentive listings? Could this dealer be pocketing the customer cash by telling me the two can not be combined? Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Usually DaimlerChrysler does not combine incentives listed separately (e.g. low financing OR $$ back), although occasionally they will offer a third alternative with a moderate finance rate and half the rebate combined.

I'll pass your note on to the database people - they do respond to concerns like yours.

kcram
    Host
    Smart Shopper and FWI Message Boards
  • Options
    Mom2boyz, KC is correct. The Consumer Cash and special financing rates that are currently available on the 2001 Dodge Durango definitely can not be combined.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    No problem.

Car_Man
    Host
  • Options
    glennisfglennisf Member Posts: 13
    I'm shopping for a Mazda Protege5. I was wondering what incentives are available on it and if the current APR special will be extended past October 1.