Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Alero

Comments

• darkworlderdarkworlder Member Posts: 14
    Personally, I went with the Alero V6. If you're looking for class and refinement, go with the Jetta. If you're looking for a new look that's fun to drive, go with the Alero. The Jetta is ok in all respects, but I don't think it's worth the sticker price. For about the same price as the Jetta you can practically get a fully loaded Alero. Although refinement of engine noise isn't as good as VW, that extra noise does add to the thrill of driving. Nothing like scaring people outside your car when you fire up that GM starter or hearing your engine roar to life as you stomp on the pedal. But, drive them both and see what suits you best. Good luck.
  • basch2kbasch2k Member Posts: 1
    With sorrow, I must part w/ my y2k midnight blue gl3 4dr. GL3 + feature package + sport packag + in dash CD upgrade. Gray cloth interior.

Less than 11.5k miles, lovingly maintained (just had 3rd oil change - not required by schedule until 22.5k). All documented.

Have had no problems whatsoever, not even with brake rotors/water leaks.

Car was driven for summer from NY to OR and back, so has seen mostly highway miles. (Actually once got 32.3mpg @ constant 75mph with AC on!) Car is now garaged in NYC, but has never seen snow/salt.

Best offer by end of september. Save $1000s off of new! I am returning to graduate school and can't afford to garage a car in New York City!!!

Email to seb@pixgen.com if interested or for more details/pictures.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    Unless the Jetta has the VR6 engine, I wouldn't consider the Alero much less refined feeling. For what a moderately equipped Jetta with a 4 cylinder costs, you can get a loaded Alero GL with the V6.
  • marushamarusha Member Posts: 7
    Well, I got my 2000 GLS Coupe back a few days ago after having it in the shop for the second time in our first month together to repair the water leaks. So far so good, but we haven't had a good downpour yet.

At the point of a whopping 750 miles, the transmission began doing a violent shift into second. They downloaded upgraded software into the controlling on-board computer and now the car is even zippier than before....hope it stays this way!

Despite the rocky start, I'm willing to overlook these inconveniences because I absolutely LOVE this car....everything from the comfy leather seats to the sound system to the midnight blue color to the handling. This is the most fun car I've ever owned, and it's definitely a head-turner.
    Can you provide more details about the upgraded software? Is this a known problem with the transmission? I've noticed that my car becomes a little sluggish after about a 1/2 hour of city driving. Did you have this problem also?
  • jul12iusjul12ius Member Posts: 6
    please tell me my steerin wheel vibrates in my 2000 alero sedan dealer said it is suppose to means my steering is working fine with traction control is this true i do get sure straight stops
  • jul12iusjul12ius Member Posts: 6
    lights never need to be turned on or off wonderfull but brights will brights shut off automattically too.
    If it was your traction control kicking in, your low traction light would turn on. If it's not turning on, you most likely have a rotor problem. GM is currently replacing the rotors and pads for free with redesigned parts. If they give you a run-around about this, mention that you'll be calling the Olds customer service line and they'll probably be more than helpful.
  • rich310rich310 Member Posts: 34
    I just picked up my new 2000 Alero GL3. I leased the car from GMAC. The dealer added a $500 disposition fee to the buyout amount if I choose to buy the car when the lease is over. I questioned this. He said that all GMAC leases inlcude it. He gave me some crazy story about why it was there. I didn't believe him but signed it anyway. DOes anyone else lease? If so, does your lease contain this?

The cry drives great. I am glad I opted for teh 6 cyl.
    Sorry, darkworlder, but I don't know any specifics about the software. The service manager just said that they recently got an upgraded version so they "installed" it for me.

I'm going back to the dealer FOR THE THIRD TIME because I found water in the car AGAIN after it rained yesterday. Plus, after driving over a bumpy road on Saturday the "service engine soon" light went on. The car only has 820 miles on it. Despite what I said a few days ago, I'm asking for either a replacement or my money back. If I've had this much trouble in 6 weeks I can't imagine what 6 years would be like.
  • aridellaridell Member Posts: 5
    Just wondering if anyone out there owns a 5 speed alero. I have a question concerning a noise i hear if the car gets heated(after a drive) when
    the rpm is around 1500 -1700 i hear this noise like a belt is lose kinda like a scratchty noise and it only happens at this level of rpms. Is it normal?
  • skimann20skimann20 Member Posts: 5
    I can thank my Olds dealer for over 9000 dollars
    worth of damage to my car. I found that my 1999 Olds Alero Gls 2 door had bad rotors. I had called the dealer several times to see if the parts were in for replacement. FIVE and a HALF weeks later, my car and I were involved in an accident, with still no new rotors. What happen: I was traveling 35 in a 40, a deer came from the right side of the road about 40 meters in front of me. When I applied the breaks, they locked up. ABS should not lock up under normal use. However, because of the bad rotors ABS can not operate correctly and this caused my car to lose control of the road. Needless to say, I have not see my car for 2 mouths and it still has two more weeks to go until it is completely repaired. I would highly suggest that you do not apply your breaks hard with bad rotors. Trust me, the Alero does not hold up well hitting concrete walls at 30 miles an hour.
    Brad
    Western Pennsylvania
  • dd1336dd1336 Member Posts: 1
    I could really use the groups help. I'm shopping for a new car and have narrowed it down between the alero and a mazda 626. I know they aren't too much alike but I'm pretty loyal to this dealer. Treared me pretty darn good in the past. Anyway, I really like the alero but am getting a little worried reading about the problems some have. Am I overreacting? Service at this dealer is not a problem so is it worth the time it may spend in the shop? If these are problems that dealers know about i'm thinking I can put up with a little warranty work if I'm still getting a good value and a mechanically sound car. Besides, in it's black paint and polished wheels it is soooo easy on the eye.
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
    dd1336--I looked at and test drove many moderater priced midsized cars. i chose the ALero for its comfort, abs and traction control and value of rhte money. (see my posting in Alero vs Sonata vs 626). I've never heard anything really great about a 626. i test drove a 4 cyl and it had no power. The 6 cyl requires premium gas (delar said it could run on regular but I was afraid of voiding the warrantee and doing damage to the car). There are some good deals on Alero 2000 leftover. (2001 is basically unchanged so you can save yourself a bunch of $). I leased an Alero GL3. 6 cyl is silky smooth.
  • missers1999missers1999 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone successfully replaced the factory CD/cassette desk in this car? I have tried three different "standard" size decks and none of them fit, including the Panasonic model that Crutchfield "guaranteed" me would fit. I hate this car!!!
    What's this about PREMIUM GAS? It says right in the manual that it takes REGULAR UNLEADED! Unless the regular gas in your area is less than 87 Octane, there is no reason why it would void your warranty. It's in chapter 6 if you want to show your dealer.
    I think he meant the 626 recommends premium. As for the Alero v 626, personally I'd pick the Alero. The 626 is a decent looking car(better than most Japanese cars in that price range) but you'll pay several THOUSAND more to get a V6 than you would to get a comparably equipped V6 Alero. My brother has a 99 Alero GL V6 coupe which now has 21K on it and the only problem his car has had, is the driver side window track has broken twice. Mechanically, the car has been very sound.
  • skimann20skimann20 Member Posts: 5
    Are you just putting in a head unit or are you putting in a head unit and an amplifier? I know for a fact that the Kenwood 5001 fits. That is what I have in my GLS 2 Door. I added amplifiers and new speakers to the car, this is where you need to do some work. The interior of the dash is a cheap plastic that onces scored it snaps very easy. This will make room for the RCA's running out of the head unit. If you have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me them.
    Brad,
    Skimann20@yahoo.com
  • nematodenematode Member Posts: 448
    I'm not sure if there is a separate topic for this or not. I did not want to start a new topic if there was no interest. I saw some cool pictures of the Alero OSV show car. The only other information I could get was:

Alero OSV (Oldsmobile Special Vehicle division)
    2.4L Supercharged variant of the GM DOHC
    230hp at 6000rpm
    230ft/lb torque at 4100rpm
    13in vented/cross drilled front disc
    Approx. 3100lb Curb weight. Could be less or more, I'm guessing.
    5spd
    FWD
    Coupe

Has anyone here actually seen the car in person? It looked lowered, had what looked like 17''rims on some serious rubber, and a bunch of ground effects stuff, was happy to see the lack of giant spoiler. Any rumors on a production date? I'm going to be buying 2003-05 with $2500-3500 in GM card earnings which makes this car very attractive if:
    1) They actually make it.
    2) It goes to production with at least 220hp, 5spd, giant brakes. I could care less about the rims and ground effect stuff.
    3) Price is no more than $4000 over the loaded Alero GLS.
    4) I would like 4 doors because of my 80lb dog and the fact that I'm too old to be a boy-racer. But I dont have to have them.
    5) I would also like HID lamps as a $500 option but I can live without that too.

Would you buy this car?
    The OSV models are currently a concept which Olds is considering. Last November at the SEMA show in Las Vegas they displayed a supercharged Alero, a supercharged Intrigue, and a lowered minivan. My advice for Olds is to BUILD THEM!!! Except, the van. Ditch that in favor of an OSV Aurora. Also, just last week Autoweek had a brief article on Detroit's Woodward Avenue dream cruise and they had an Intrigue with the Northstar V8 and an Alero with the Intrigue's DOHC V6. Olds still says they are considering the OSV vehicles. If they will do them right, I would definitely consider one. I think the supercharged Alero is a decent idea, but I also think the Alero begs for a nice DOHC V6. The Intrigue's V6 is probably too big for the car's engine bay for production(and it would make the car too front heavy) so Olds really needs to develope a smaller DOHC V6 for the Alero and mate it with a 5 speed manual. Moving on up to the Intrigue, keep the supercharged DOHC from the original concept, but add a 5 speed manual to that as well.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Definitely go Alero. It's more fun to drive and it is very reliable. My mom has a 99 and it's been perfect aside from a sticky door which was fixed in 5 minutes at the dealership. The 626 isn't bad either, but I think you will enjoy driving the Alero more.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Sounds like a good idea but I've heard that GM is considering dropping the entire Olds line, since there's a lot of redundant capacity. I havn't heard any more details. Perhaps the Alero will be re-badged (Buick maybe?) if this happens, since it seems to be a popular seller.
    I don't think GM is serious about dropping Olds. Actually, this rumour first appeared in late 1992. Olds just introduced a totally redesigned Aurora and will have a redesigned Bravada within a year and I think the mini-van is slated to get an update in a year or so as well. What the division needs is more advertising and some "halo" models such as the OSV versions of their cars. Olds has one of(if not the lowest) average customer age of all GM divisions and their customers have the highest level of education of all GM brands and the Alero, Intrigue, and Aurora have all been successful in bringing customers who typically buy imports only, into Oldsmobile showrooms and alot of them are buying Olds cars. The only other GM division to do this was Saturn. GM desperately needs Oldsmobile and I think the division will stay. If ever a GM division were to go, my vote is for Pontiac or Buick. Now don't flame me as I like these divisions as well, but if Buick doesn't do something to lower their customer age, they literally will follow them to the grave. Pontiac is okay age wise and while the new Bonneville and the GP are great cars, the Aztek is just plain awful. With the Firebird being dropped in a year or so, Pontiac will really have nothing to carry their performance banner.
    Yes, you make good points. I wouldn't be surprised to see some consolidation in GM's lineup in the not to distant future. Just where it would occur however is anyones guess.
    My Alero GL3 is 2 weeks old with 800 miles. The car greatly exceeds my expectations in all resepects. But I have one problem. When I enter or exit a driveway or parking lot the bottom on my car scrapes the road if there is a slight incline or decline. I guess that the car is lower to the ground than I realized. It happens when I go into my driveway. I find that if the steering wheel is perfectly straing I can lessen the scarping. But sometimes when entering a parking lot I am turning and can't have the wheels perfectly. Truthfully I hate hearing the scraping sounds but I am concerned that this will cause long term damage to the car.

Does anyone else have this problem. If so how have you solved it.

Thanks.

Rich
    What is scraping the ground is probably the plastic splash gaurd thats below the bumber(almost beneath where the radiator is). Many cars have this and it will scrape as my Intrigue does this and my father's Aurora is even worse as it is even lower. The worst it does is scratch the plastic, unless you hit it hard at a high rate of speed.
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    i also just bought home an alero gl3 as the newest addition to my family. i finally decided to replace my beloved 91 cadillac seville. although i was sad to see her go, my wife and i couldn't be happier with our new oldsmobile. we also looked at a malibu but were turned off by the bland styling. we had been thinking of buying an alero for a year and were finally able to because of the gm supplier discount offered by the company i work for. on top of getting the car for the same price a gm employee would pay, we also got the $1500 dollar rebate. it was a great buying experience not having to haggle with the dealer and knowing we were getting a great deal on a great car. i've learned quite a bit reading all the postings here. my car has 1600 miles and not one problem so far. all i need now is tinted windows but we'll have to wait for our tax refund for that. by the way oldsmobile is here to stay!
  • j_colemanj_coleman Member Posts: 143
    Just got the October Road & Track. Not sure if you guys have seen this, but here's a quote:

"For those who enjoyed the hotter OSV (Oldsmobile Special Vehicle) concepts for the Alero and Intrigue featured on the auto show circuit, have patience. The division is awaiting the final go-ahead and if approved, OSVs will appear in the 2002 model year."
    In anyone from Olds is reading this forum(as we discovered they were in the Intrigue forum), JUST DO IT!!!. Give us an OSV Alero, Intrigue, and Aurora.
  • butterflylonbutterflylon Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Alero is 4 months old and I've already had the brakes and rotors replaced and today my windshield cracked from the inside while I was shopping. I wanted to know if anyone else has had a problem like this with their windshield.
    oldsmobile, give us osv for all models-4 door alero too not just 2 door. recently i noticed a lot of noise when driving my alero in the rain coming from the passenger rear door-it sounds like it's not shut completely. no water getting inside tho. also the boot on my emergency brake tore. i'm having them fixed at at my first oil change. and why do service people think we're idiots? the one i talked to acted like i was being too picky about these but i told him i have the right to expect near perfection on a brand new car. unfortunately there's only 1 dealer where i live. manual says to use 87 octane (midgrade) fuel-would using regular unleaded void the warranty or hurt anything? it seemed to run fine on the 1 tank i put in but i went back to midgrade to be safe. fuel economy has gotten better. still very happy with the car. i hardly ever get to drive it tho-the wife takes it over.
    Never heard of a windshild crack on the inside of ANY car before. It's probably a manufacturing defect. Make sure that your dealer replaces it instead of fixing it since it's well before the end of the warranty.

As for the water noise in the passenger rear of the car, it's actually on both sides of the car and that the headrest is muffling the other side. This is normal and compared to other cars that I've been in, it's actually not as loud.

As for the fuel, I would stick to using 87 octane. Using a lower grade fuel could cause inproper combustion (knocking) in the engine. Also, from what my mechanic friends tell me, don't keep switching back and forth between different octanes as the computer will have to constantly keep adjusting itself. Mileage will inprove as you build a carbon layer to smoothen out the pores of the cylinders. You might also want to consider a product called Microlon to help reduce friction.
    darkwolder, thanks for the advice. you really think the water noise is normal tho? i find it quite annoying. i'm going to have my wife drive and sit in the passenger seat to see if i can hear it on the other side like you said. my '93 sunbird doesn't sound like the alero does when driving in wet weather. i think i'll stick to the midgrade fuel tho per your advice. does anyone know at what mileage a new car is considered broken in? i really want to use the higher rpms but i don't want to hurt anything before break-in. i got to try out the traction control this past weekend since we got a foot of snow here in wyoming-impressive. overall, very pleased still-just wish i had another dealer to choose from. thanks again!
  • hengheng Member Posts: 411
    It takes about 2,000 miles to really loosen up. After that you won't feel anymore improvement. That's what I consider broken-in. The manufacturers have other guidelines for towing or other driving situations.
  • mikefoyemikefoye Member Posts: 1
    I've got a 99 GLS and I love the car despite a few fustrating problems. First, I had problems with the brake rotors, the dealer turned them at 5,000, replaced them at 15,000, turned them again at 22,000 and now replaced with the 'redesigned' rotors at 30,000.

The battery aparrently had a slight leak and just died one day after drying up. The dealer replaced it no question. The other fustrating repair was a new intake gasket due to a small coolant leak. When I had it at the dealer recently, they replaced it again when they told me they found a small oil leak (sounds like some jag didn't do his job right the first time).

Anyways, I love the car and the stereo is far better than anything I've heard from the factory. If anyone is considering this car, definately get the rotors replaced with the redesigned ones.
  • daisydukedaisyduke Member Posts: 2
    I have just recently purchased a 2000 GX Alero 3 weeks ago. I love it but when I get to speeds of 60 to 70 I have a very irritating rattle/vibrating noise coming from the top of the dash. Does anyone else have this problem and can tell me how to stop it. I am a commuter and I hear it all the time, the radio doesn't drown it out. Please email me a response. Thnx
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Take it to the dealership and let them look at it. Little rattles pop up in cars, and the service departments should be able to find it.
  • boston14boston14 Member Posts: 111
    I do not have an Alero but am just here to see what others think about the car. I have a 2000 mitsubihi galant that had an rattle and strange vibrations here and there from the get go. I now have about 10,000 miles on it and to my good luck the noises are fading. Sometimes time and some miles will cure the rattle troubles. Trust me once your car gets some parking scratches and nicks rattles and little things will annoy you less.
  • grisouegrisoue Member Posts: 18
    Rich, you might be ruining your radiator. Take a good look under the car and search for scraping marks. Hopefully, it's only the spoiler, but I've heard from a review that the radiator is not well protected and that it extends below the bumper.

If ever you find a green puddle under your car, that's a dead giveaway for a scrapped radiator.

I hope this helps.
  • yurakmyurakm Member Posts: 1,345
    grisoue> If ever you find a green puddle under your car, that's a dead giveaway for a scrapped radiator.

The modern cars are using new engine coolant. It have orange (or rather rose-orange) color.
  • jan28jan28 Member Posts: 4
    I like the look and feel of the 2000 Aleros.

Problem is: I just bought a brand new '99 Ford Escort last year. I love it..it works great...just would like to have an Alero. Can anyone tell me if this would be a wise move seeing I have only had this car for about a year? Would the banks/financers look at that negatively? What about trading my car in? Would I lose? My car is in close to excellent shape, less than 16,000 miles.

Thanks for listening.
    The reason I am even considering it is because of the great incentives Oldsmobile is offering. What do you think about those?
  • grisouegrisoue Member Posts: 18
    Take a cold shower, jan28.

Every year, car makers come up with new and exciting models. The only strategy that makes sense financially is to keep your existing vehicle for as long as the cost of maintenance stays reasonable. Personally, I probably would have bought an Alero last year, a PT Cruiser this year and a Tribute next year, if I didn't make efforts to stick with my existing vehicle.
  • 98monte_ls98monte_ls Member Posts: 117
    For anyone who has lost faith in GM customer service let me tell you my mom's experience with her 99 Alero GL.

She had a problem with the "trac-off" light constantly coming on and techs unable to find a code and fix it. A few months ago the "service engine soon" light began coming on also and both happening more frequently.

9 trips to the dealer and no fix. But the car rode and performed just fine.

She contacted the BBB and notified GM that she wanted to arbitrate to get the car replaced. Well, guess what. No hassles, they offered to buy it back if she would agree to buy a new one.
    But they said it had to be done at the same dealer it was purchased at. So we drove over to the dealer and looked at the inventory. The only color and one with the same equipment as the 99 was a Silver 2000 GL2 coupe. They gave her this car to drive for a few hours and I examined it thoroughly. I was surprised in the poor condition of this new car. It only had 80 miles on the clock; the factory plastic still covered the carpet and radio face. But there were no less than 5 paint chips (down to the black primer), the leather-wrapped gear shifter was loose, and the lower rear window molding was peeling away. My mom didn't really love the color - she thinks the silver is a drab color and after I pointed out the damage she was afraid to take it. The only other color that she kind of liked was Ruby Red. We returned it and at that point their only option was to order a 2001.

The next day the fast-talking salesman calls and says he got a fresh shipment and there was a Ruby Red now on the lot! We went over and he brought it up front, washed, so we could inspect it. Well, let me tell you guys, this one was almost as brand new as you could get and in much better condition (it had not been abused on test drives!!). The odometer had 5 miles and all the stickers were on, including the one that said the car was shipped from the factory loading dock on 8/7/2000 at 8:25am!!!!!!! Ruby Red/Grey cloth, with spoiler and feature package (15" alloys, leather steer wheel, remote keyless entry), and a CD player. I did not find any production damage but we did not drive it.

This dealership, Coral Springs Automall, has salesmen that lie. Beware. We had to spend 6 hours there as they haggled on the phone with GM about dealer service fees. The paperwork has to go thru GM before the car is released so we left the Lemon with them and drove up here to Alabama in my car and the Alero will be shipped on a truck later this month. The salesman marked it "hold do not sell". I can't wait to get it.

For Your info here are some changes and observations about the 2001s:

*The easy way to tell a 99 from a 00 or 01 is the rocker panel under the doors that goes from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. It is more curved. The 99 is rather flat. I looked at both coupes side by side.
    *The Remote Keyless Entry is included in the feature pkg now so nearly all Aleros will have it.
    *The 99 hood had gas struts but the 01 has a simple prop rod. I looked at a cpe and a sedan and both have the rod. I don't know if the strut is only for GLS models now but that is a bad move. Any upscale car should have struts for the hood.
    *All 2001 models have RDS radios. That's Radio Data System which displays extra info that the radio station sends like call letters & traffic info. Not all radio stations broadcast like this today but in a few years more will. This necessitates a larger LED display panel and redesigned face, including new buttons and dials which match the new designed A/C dials.
    *Sticker price of the model my mom is getting is $19,935.
    *Gold color is not available but a new one called "Sandstone" is - it just looks like a dull tan.
    I'll skip the cold shower.

I realize a person shouldn't go around trading in your car every time a new model comes out. Just wanted some friendly, knowlegable advice..that's all. Thanks for responding.
    I'm glad that your mom's situation turned out well. BTW, the 2001 Aleros have a larger "Oldsmobile" badge on the rear don't they. I'll agree the move to a prop rod from the struts on the hood is a cheap move, but they did add additional features eleswhere so GM had to do something to please the bean counters. Hope you guys enjoy the 2001.
    Finally! It's been a love-hate relationship with my Alero (as noted by my previous posts), but I found someone who could fix that pesky water leak I've endured since the day I brought my car home. Of course, MY dealer spent 13 days and 3 visits and never got it right because they were doing what GM recommended they do (replace the deflectors in the doors). Well, while I was visiting my parents in upstate NY, I popped in to the Olds dealer my dad uses and asked them about Alero water leaks. They figured out a way to fix it that only takes about an HOUR.
    Apparently, the drain holes at the bottom of the coupe doors are too small...during a heavy downpour, water pools in faster than it can drain out. So, the simple fix is to enlarge the drain holes, then touch up the paint. They had to take the door panels apart, but it was a quick and easy fix and NO PROBLEMS TO DATE despite the heavy rains we've endured.
    So, for those of my Alero brethren with leaky coupes....if your dealers can't stop the leaks by simply replacing the deflectors (as GM recommends), try the drain-hole enlargement. It worked for me. Now I'm back to loving my midnight blue GLS again :-)
    One thing, a prop rod may be more trouble and may get in the way, put the chances of it letting the hood fall on your head are much less than a strut.
  • fordavemanfordaveman Member Posts: 1
    '99 Alero, rotors turned in May 2000 with 20k miles. 3 months later same shaking and service manager says rotors are on backorder for Alero. That was 7 weeks ago. He has never called, funny thing is the parts department said they knew nothing of backordered rotors. From what I have read here I see I should also get the pads replaced too free. One of my water leaks are from the A/C not draining good on long trips and the water spills inside when turning. This has also caused a bad mildew smell when using vent air. I noticed a stain in the carpet in my backseat floorboard it looks rusty but I do not feel wetness..is this a result of a leakage. I have also had the gasket replaced on passenger side front door for a leak. We thought it was ok until a carwash told us differently. One morning I turn the key and nadda, nothing, not a click but I could jump it. They replaced the post on the battery (Delco problem I presume) but acid leaked on garage floor and made a unremovable spot. To be honest, this Alero v-6 Gl is the spunkiest car I have ever driven. The passing speed and handleing on curves are great. I want my problems fixed so I can keep it.I traded in an '97 Intrepid for this car. Now, tell me someone about the stains in the carpet...I thank you all for all this info about the leaks and brakes, it gives me ammo when returning to dealership!
  • daisydukedaisyduke Member Posts: 2
    This is Daisyduke again, I have a 2000 Alero Coupe that has the rattle/vibrating noise in the dash by the windsheild I am also experiancing a lot of wind noise coming from the driver side window. Is anyone else having this problem, and what should I do about it, is this just normanl? Other than that I love the way the car drives and handles.....