Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus LS 400/LS 430

Comments

• Options
    ljflxljflx Member Posts: 4,690
    Anyone familiar with how Lexus is handling the renewal process of Lexus link? I renewed before Christmas but haven't been billed as yet.

Agent 0986 - we had an inch of that white stuff in Monmouth county and the all season tires handled it just fine. Salt did not hurt my car last winter and I doubt it will hurt yours. Just watch it though when you're on the highway in motion and the salter is putting it down. That's when its bouncing around like small stones.
  • Options
    whybuy1whybuy1 Member Posts: 43
    I drove my LS430 on the snow in the Sierra Nevada for the first time. I used cable chains. It drove like a RWD car, i.e. with a lot more sliding around than a FWD car. I was happy to find that the skid sensor was about as sensitive as my own senses. I don't know about which is better after you lose control, but the way I drive, FWD is hands-down better on snow. I rent a Caddy DeVille when I go spend Christmas withy the in-laws in the Midwest. I don't even need chains and I let Hertz worry about the salt. None of this is rocket science.
  • Options
    bcleepebcleepe Member Posts: 53
    My wife and I had our eyes on this package when LS was first announced. We don't care much about the Ultra Luxury for it is more suited to those with a chauffeur. According to the dealer, none of the CLS was shiped to the US in the first year. We had the dealer searched around the Country for a dealer trade and none was found. Then one day last August when we dropped by a dealer, we saw one LS with one of our color preferences. When we made a closer look, it turned out to be the exact package that we had been shopping around for, except without chrome wheels. The dealer told us then that it was the first came in just the day before with that package for 2002 year model. We also wanted to check the new blue color available for 2002 but the dealer said there were none scheduled for next two shipments. So we bought it right on the spot and added the chrome wheels to it. It is worth the year wait for it. Since then we have been back to the dealers a couple times for services and saw a couple LS available with the same CLS package. I suppose that it will spread around the country too.
  • Options
    coolrich59coolrich59 Member Posts: 3
    I'll be shopping for my first Lexus and was wondering if anyone had any input (positive or negative) on Chicago Area Lexus dealers. Thanks in advance for any information.
  • Options
    scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    Does anyone use the rear-air or cool box in their Ultra? These both seem superfluous to me. Why don't the front seats have the massage feature?

BTW, I might buy one tomorrow--finally.
  • Options
    anthonyp1anthonyp1 Member Posts: 27
    It is not what you would hope for. Will basicly only hold cans. Too bad about the non vibrating front seats. All the other features are great. Tony
  • Options
    dzhangodzhango Member Posts: 9
    Coolrich 59, I purchased my LS 430 at Rockford last March and got a great price. At the time, my local dealers (NW suburbs) were still selling at sticker. Rockford discounted the price by $3,500.00.

I have had an inordinately large number of problems with this vehicle, which I have discussed earlier on this board. Lexus's reply has been that they will provide Lemon protection only to the extent that they are obliged to by law, i.e. Lexus's policy is that it will provide no more Lemon protection for this $60,000 vehicle than would be provided if one were to purchase a much less expensive Dodge Neon.

I live in Arlington Heights and have had the vehicle serviced locally. The problems with this car have been Lexus-related rather than dealer-related. Arlington Lexus has provided friendly, professional service for a car which has been nothing but a series of annoyances.

I have had to take the car back more than once for similar problems, e.g. bad bearings, burned-out taillights, steering wheel groaning. Most recently I was told that a part required for the steering wheel groan was not in when I took the vehicle in for servicing. I am now obliged to take yet another trip to the dealership when that part arrives.

Given my repeated problems with this vehicle and the need for multiple trips for servicing, in retrospect, I would have purchased a Mercedes Benz, simply because I live very close to a Mercedes dealership which is on the way to my train station. However, if you are interested in purchasing a Lexus, I would check to see whether the prospective dealer has a policy whereby the dealer will pick up the vehicle at your home and provide a loaner. That would have been a lot more convenient than the pain in the neck that driving this vehicle in for servicing, repeatedly, has turned into.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to many trouble-free miles.

Scott in Florida
  • Options
    I am sure you will enjoy the car. This is the best one lexus has made, and I sure enjoy mine. Tony
  • Options
    lenscaplenscap Member Posts: 854
    Stay away from Lexus of Highland Park at all costs.

My family has purchased three cars from them over the years. Then, last year, I decided I wanted to trade my 1995 ES 300 for the all-new 2002 model. The owner, Ray Nusinow, got involved in the deal and offered me a nice discount. When October rolled around and the car was officially available, my salesman special ordered me a car (I wanted the adjustable suspension and traction control which required an order). Much to my shock, five weeks later Ray Nusinow backed out and said I could only get the car if I paid list price. The guy was playing games just to get me to order the car. And he outright lied and claims he never offered a discount. Yeah, right. I made the whole thing up.

To make a long story short, I wound up getting in touch with some top Lexus people due to an owner's focus group I attended last year. My order was transferred to another dealer.

Ray Nusinow is a criminal as far as I'm concerned, out only to add dollars to his own pocket. For those in the area, he used to own Ray Oldsmobile.
  • Options
    Shocking how dirty the air is. I have worked a system out. Got a large very soft brush. After a rain, brush off excess water. Dry with a cotton towel. Then really dry with second towel. I found out a chammos(sp) is too much wringing out. Tony
  • Options
    jstylejstyle Member Posts: 129
    Hey I was looking at the car intros at the Tokyo Motor Show and saw the Lexus LS430 GT. 380 Supercharged engine, agressive suspension and a body kit. Think the difference between the standard S-class and the AMG models...This is cool. Anyone know if it is coming to the US?
  • Options
    cainepcainep Member Posts: 35
    Here's a link to an article that appeared in UK's Auto Express magazine.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/builder11/newnews/newsarticle.php3?id=3959

• Options
    rennyboschrennybosch Member Posts: 329
    I use the rear seat coolbox all the time. I keep a couple bottles of something refreshing (like club soda and/or Frappuccino) in there, and when I get tired on a long trip, or just around town, I have a cool break. It certainly isn't worth the total cost of the entire rear seat package (I gather that's around 4K), but as long as I have it I enjoy it, and I must say I would miss it if it suddenly disappeared.
  • Options
    For anyone who hasn't flown since 9/11 beware your credit card like wallet emergency key. It can cause you to be the subject of quite a search once you pass through the metal detector with it.
  • Options
    The S mb has a much better headrest design. I hope Lexus copies it soon. On my recent trip, I had a chance to observe bmw. They looked as though they were driven pretty hard, and their front wheels were all covered with black break shoe dust, unusally so. The mark levenson(sp) is cristal clear. I who am no expert can really tell the difference, with my own ears. The seat of lexus does not quite tip as much as the 400. My demo cd is poor music IMO. Make sure they give you a cd with the type of music you like. I got 26.5 mpg with average of seventy one mph. Does anyone have a thought on a radar detector that is battery operated?? I was lucky this time, but a year ago I got a 2 pointer, and think it is time to get a detector. Tony
  • Options
    3pointstar3pointstar Member Posts: 45
    for the LASER GAME, WWEST. I am on the road a lot and although most rental car companies don't have an LS430 for rent, I now play that game with the cruise control. Driving by wire makes traveling long distances a lot more interesting. Now, if they could just add a BRAKE button to the steering wheel...
  • Options
    jaibeejaibee Member Posts: 8
    We've just about decided to take the plunge and get the LS430. I would like to hear some opinions on whether to get the Nav/Lev option or not. The dealer said that the difference between the standard radio and the Levinson is not that great to the average "ear". I want the navigation system but would like to hear from those who have it? Thanks
  • Options
    drcomputerdrcomputer Member Posts: 82
    Since having a Nav system in my LS430 for that past 14 months, I have gone from "gee, this is really neat" to "what would I do without it". Having the Nav system has become second nature. Recently, I was on a vacation and rented a car without a Nav system. I found myself constantly looking at the dash for the screen that was not there. Not only is the Nav system great for giving step-by-step directions to a location, it comes is really handy when you are stuck in traffic on a street and want to see if the surrounding streets can take you around the problem. I can honestly say that since I now own a car with a navigation system I will never purchase own without it again. Yes, it was fun to play with at the beginning and everyone who got into the car had to have a demonstration. But now, it is a indispensable tool that I can really say makes driving faster, safer, and far less frustrating when you are looking for an address that you have never been to. So, if you are going to spend ~$60-70K for a car, spring for the UltraLux or CustomLux with the nav system. You will not regret the decision.
  • Options
    pcbrspcbrs Member Posts: 57
    Hey-

I had a chance to drive the new LS430 my dad and I got for my mom, while I was visiting my parents in Hawaii for winter break. A fantastic car that makes you want to take the long way home, which I did on several occassions. =D It's such a great car, with a balance of power and sophisticated restraint. The exterior is also growing on me.

Anyway, the difference between the Lev and the standard audio to me seems like the difference between listening to a CD and FM radio. Both are suitable for non-discriminating listeners, but to those who love music, the Lev is hands down a necessity. I don't think I'm that picky, but I can notice the difference quite clearly, and I checked out both in the showroom. Get the Levinson.

Since we live in Hawaii, we don't really need Nav, so opted to get Lev without Nav. The dealer offered it as a $1000 option. Well worth it, and I personally prefer the higher location of the central air vents in the no Nav cars.

Jeff
  • Options
    sfmartinsfmartin Member Posts: 59
    We bought a '91 LS400 new with the Nakamichi option. It caused us to upgrade our home system. In '98, the Nav was not available with the Nakamichi. We had to have the Nav, but we missed the Nakamichi sound. So when the '01 came out with the Nav and Lev, we bought it. The Levinson is even better than the Nakamichi. If you are at all a critical listener, go for the Lev.
  • Options
    jaibeejaibee Member Posts: 8
    Your comments are right on point and we appreciate all of them. What the heck, you only go around once so you might as well get the best. You have helped me sell the absolute "need" to have both!!

Thanks again!!
  • Options
    trisha2trisha2 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 92 lexsus LS 400 with 71,000 miles, three months ago the car is great except for a squeeking sound in the shocks or struts when I go over a slight bump. Also I have a severe wind noise on the driver's side, otherwise the car is in great condiction. Any suggestions as what the problems maybe. Since being a new lexus owner is there any problems that may arise later or that is common in this particular year. Any help appreciated. Trisha in VA.
  • Options
    codylabradorcodylabrador Member Posts: 18
    Hello. I am new to this forum and apologize if this question has been covered before. I just purchased a 94 LS 400. Pretty good shape - 75K miles. The seller represented that it had no display problems but last night the lighted pointer for the tachometer went dark. Today, the remaining pointers flash briefly but no instrument lighting comes on. I've tried various combinations of "auto" and "manual" settings with the light switch but still no illumination. The radio and heat/AC displays are fine. What am I dealing with here? What can I expect the dealer to quote me for repair? Can I do it myself? My experience so far is digging in the dashboard of a Toyota T100. I also remember (from some old posts) a vendor in the western US that refurbishes these displays but I did not document the contact.

Other known problems - the antenna mast has been bent and one of the the remote key transmitter buttons does not work (needs a battery?) Any advice on sources for these items without paying retail at the dealer?
    Thank you for any suggestions and input.
  • Options
    bcleepebcleepe Member Posts: 53
    You won't regret to get both. When we shoped before buying our LS, my wife thought it was such an expensive toy. Since we now have it for a few months, I haven't heard any complaints from her...
  • Options
    feverhartfeverhart Member Posts: 144
    Radio Shack has the battery for the remote key.

Try bending your antenna straight, then use some WD-40. Cleaning the antenna occasionaly and using WD-40 helps keep it retracting and extending.
  • Options
    Generally, I am thrilled with my new Ultra. My only complaints are dull-looking wheels, no "introduction" video, a/c fan is usually too strong, and the seat is a little hard.

Is there a Lexus magazine?

Overall, I think that this is one of my best new cars.

Scott
  • Options
    They usually send it in the mail.

A/C - It's amazing how quickly the car cools down after being left in the hot sun for a long period of time in the summer. Fastest of any car I've ever been in. For this I am very greatful. But I agree the climate system tends to overcompensate toward warm in winter and cool in summer for about the first 10-15 minutes of driving. After that I find it dead perfect. The other day on a 20 degree morning I had the temp set at 68 and I was too warm during the first 10 minutes or so. Later it was a perfect 70 in the car which is the temp I usually set it at.
  • Options
    pcbrspcbrs Member Posts: 57
    Hi-

I agree that the A/C overcompensates, but this is necessary for the quick cool down and warm up of the car during hot and cold weathers respectively, as air circulation via the vents is essential for consistent temperature throughout the cabin. Now if they had 6 more vents throughout the interior, we wouldn't have this problem. =) Just simple "thermo"dynamics.

Jeff
  • Options
    nixon3nixon3 Member Posts: 3
    trisha2, I have a 92 LS400 that I bought used with 76K miles in 1997; it now has 156K on it. I have experienced the same problem you describe - squeaking in the strut area. The dealer replaced both upper suspension arm assemblies, and the lower ball joint assemblies. This had also been done by a different dealer a year earlier. The cost for this was $1,554.00 - including a four wheel alignment. This did not cure the problem. Returned to the dealer two more times for them to locate the squeak - but they never did resolve it on their own. I told them I thought it was the struts and they said they were good and never had problems with them. Nevertheless, I insisted they change the front struts. This fixed the problem and only cost $297.80. If I were you, I would have them replace the struts before I went with the higher price option. However, if you are having other symptoms that may indicate suspension problems: uneven tire tread wear, pulling in either direction, wandering on the highway - you may need the front end work done.

Other problems to be prepared for:
    A/C compressor failure = $1,400 (2 times once under warranty)
    A/C Evaporator failure a week after the 1st A/C compressor failed = $1,200
    Rear Main oil seal = $473.00
    Brake Job = $460.00
    120K mile service = $995.00 (Same as 60K service)
    Fuel door release solenoid replacement = $333.00

Don't forget to replace the timing belt at 90K miles - Cost $995.00, this includes changing the water pump, which they will recommend doing at the same time.

Did I mention the cost to maintain this vehicle can be expensive if you follow the manufacturer's recommended schedule - which I have. However, I would not hesitate to buy another used or new Lexus. They are fun and comfortable to drive, and generally very reliable. This car has never left me stranded.
  • Options
    jhl27jhl27 Member Posts: 1
    As I am in the market for a used car, I recently drove a 1995 LS 400 with 127,500 miles, currently owned by second owner who is asking $16k. Owner thinks vehicle may have had quarter panel replaced due to rear-end collision.

Never drove a lexus before and found it very smooth/quiet. I live around Boston area.

I wondered if anyone experienced with Lexus LS400 might be willing/able to answer questions regarding my following concerns...

- How expensive is it to maintain these cars? Especially now that it's 7yrs old with 127K miles?

- What is actual gas mileage? City/HghWay?

- How reliable/dependable?

- What maintenace should I ensure was completed?

- How many yrs/miles should I expect to get out of this vehicle?

- How much in maintenance costs should I expect per year?

- Are there any other questions I should be asking?

- Is $16k a reasonable price?

Your response(s) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff
  • Options
    I think sixteen thousand is sort of high. You should get twenty five mpg highway if driven around sevety five mph. The maintenance reacord should be available Tony
  • Options
    jeffmust2jeffmust2 Member Posts: 811
    I sold a '95 LS400 about six months ago to a private party for just under $20k but it had 78k miles, not 127k. Had all the dealer service records, expensive 60k service with timing belt, etc.

$16k isn't a bad deal if the service records check out and if the timing belt has been replaced somewhere between 60-90k. Also, it should be in good shapes inside and outside. Otherwise, $14.5k would be my offer so you have the extra $1.5k to put towards repairs.
  • Options
    aloog8aloog8 Member Posts: 11
    a. It is not uncommon for the electronic dash display to burn out on an earlier model Lexus. Someone on this board wrote a year ago that it costs $1,500 to fix.

b. You can read the Lexus magazine online at www.InsideLexus.com
  • Options
    feverhartfeverhart Member Posts: 144
    Inside Lexus reports that AMCI, after spending over 4000 man-hours testing the best luxuary sedans in the US, rated the LS 430 as the top of the heap--the best. This included the
    Bentley Arnage Red Label, Rolls Royce Silver Seraph, and of course the BMW 750, The S600, Jaguar, Audi, and others.

So what else is new?
  • Options
    The more I drive it the more I appreciate it. Now up to 20k miles and letter perfect just as expected - no squeaks, no rattles and I solved the cds sloshing around my glovebox problem. I mean that was the only noise in the car. Can't imagine a better car on the road. But I only evaluated it vs. the S-430 (which it easily beats) and the S-500 (better contest but it still wins)
  • Options
    nealm1nealm1 Member Posts: 154
    My LS turned 10k this past week, as I made several long road trips. The car is even better now that we are used to one another. Fast, comfortable, and smooth. The stereo remains the best I have ever heard in a car, and much better than most home systems. Got a chance to really test it out during this series of road trips (the first extended trips without spouse or child) and it is amazing. I think I will definitely keep this one until it turns 100k. Wish list items: heated steering wheel, quicker downshifts, hanger clip suitable for more than a single hanger (don't the Japenese ever pick up dry cleaning?), 2 inches more rear leg room (tight for my very tall son when I have the seat all the way back; where is the LS430iL?). All in all, a fabulous toy!

Nixon3, jkl27: No car in this class can remotely be called cheap to operate, especially when the miles pile up. My 90 LS, which had 127k when I sold it, had several of the problems Nixon3 mentioned (a/c, suspension, and also the bleeding LCD display). The thing to remember with these cars is that they are amazingly reliable machines BUT: all machines wear out eventually and when this one needs repair, the parts are expensive. I would still rather drive an LS with this kind of mileage and expect the occasional expensive repair than settle for a lesser car with fewer miles. Just a matter of taste, I suppose.
  • Options
    hoos1hoos1 Member Posts: 13
    I have a 1999 LS400 which I enjoy very much, but is there anyway to ugrade the steering/suspension as in the GS to make it a little more sporty?? Thanks.
  • Options
    dealindealin Member Posts: 12
    I just got my LS430 a couple of days ago and have some questions:
    1) Is there any hack way to turn off the Lexus link startup message? -- I turned the volume way down and that really helps but I rather just turn it off.
    2) Is there any way to disable the GPS warning startup screen?
    3) I saw some messages on the steering wheel voice button not always working on the 1st press. I am also seeing that behavior. Is there a fix for this problem or are we doing something wrong?
    4) Our top glove box does not align right and actually rubes on the top. Has anyone else seen this problem?
    5) does anyone know of any hacks in the Navigation system. In other words -- hidden screens that are not documented in the owners manual that let you do interesting things to the car?
    6) I heard from a friend that you can play DVD movies from the Nav system. Is this true and if so how.
    7) what is the trick on opening all the doors with the remote. I double click but half the time it doesn't work.
    8) I saw a posting on someone saying that it cost about $300 to swap out the ashtray. Has anyone done it themselves? If so, how much did the parts cost and how did you do it? I want to put my cell phone in this box.

thanks in advance for the help
  • Options
    sfmartinsfmartin Member Posts: 59
    Took my '01 LS430 in for the 15k service this morning. Having looked at the Maintenance Manual in advance, I said to the service advisor, "This looks to be just an oil change and tire rotation, plus some inspections." She said, "Oh, no, it includes changing the transmission and differential fluids." I showed her my manual and she said that she guessed they could do the 10k service, which in their book is what the owner's book has for 15k. So, the service will be $109 instead of $3xx. I wonder how many people never question what the dealer *wants* to do.
  • Options
    stevesteinstevestein Member Posts: 263
    This was a hot topic last spring. There are four changes that can be programmed (that I know of). I've done the first three and am very happy. You may have to make the dealer look them up in the manual, there are so many programmable features they don't know all of them by heart. Here they are with the default/optional settings:
    Remote opens driver/all doors on single press
    Putting car in park opens driver/all door locks
    Automatic relock (a door isn't opened after remote unlock) after 30/60 seconds.
    Doors lock when car is put in gear/reaches 12 (?) mph

I don't believe the Lexlink announcement or Nav warning (liability)can be turned off. I also remember discussion of DVD movies. Last year that was true only on the big SUV (different DVD players were used) - and even then there were many safeties to ensure you couldn't be driving at the same time. Don't know about 2002's.
    The glovebox problem is something the dealer should fix - poor fit is definately not a Lexus characteristic!
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. When I bought the car I noticed that the tires one of the tires on the front was worn unevenly and pulled to the right. I had a 4 wheel alignment done and also the tires were very over inflated. The squeek sound that I hear has stopped it only does this seems like when I leave it sitting for a week or so. I took it to the dealer and he oiled something in the front. I'll see if this cures the problem. Also my speed and tach light are going out (the speed needle went out as soon as I left the dealers lot, I am getting run around from the dealer. I went to the dealer Thursday and salesperson who is also half owner of the dealership was not there, they told me he would call me, I'm still waiting. Should I have it serviced at a Lexus dealership (the nearest one is 150 miles from me) or can a Toyota dealer service a Lexus? I drive the vehicle only about 50 miles a week and I recently took it on a trip and the car did great. One other question, I notice that my head lights on dim look dim, I thought it was road film on my head lights, but I cleaned them and the lights look dim on the road but not when you look at them from standing outside. Ron, thanks again for the information. Pat in VA
  • Options
    When I purchased my vehicle there was a print out from Carfax, giving my Lexus a clean title. How reliable and is this information worth knowing? Also how do I get rid of the edit and delete in the post. I'm new to this forum. Thanks
  • Options
    Glad to see you're still there. How's the car been?

Trisha 2 - carfax is very reliable provided the car's former owner has been honest about its mileage. I know the CEO first hand. It gets its data from the states based on registration changes so it is excellent and very useful data for anyone buying a used (I guess in this forum we should call them pre-owned)car. It also does a cross check with insurance companies on claims as an audit. I'm not sure how comprehensive they are on the latter point though. It had its roots in the old RL Polk business which is now owned by Equifax.
  • Options
    flint350flint350 Member Posts: 250
    So...I got a great cover from California Car Covers - fits great, even has a little cavity for the Link system. Also got temp. chains for the snow (which hasn't appeared this winter in the great N.E.) from tirechains. Got my Link renew notice 2 days after it expired ($212 to renew).

Still waiting on the Nav. update and have given up on the phone (real letdown from Lexus on that whole issue).

Wish list addition - movable pedals like they are going to put in the ES300. Then I could tweak my driving position that little bit extra..
  • Options
    I solved my phone problem in an el-cheapo way. On one of my credit card statements I saw this ad for something called the Copilot for $25. It's a gizmo that plugs into the ashtray (you have to work with it a bit so that it doesn't interfere with the cupholders) and has a suction that you put over the ear piece. The result is a handsfree operation - no mike or earphones for the driver - which plays the other end of the call thru your stereo system. The only hitch is you need to set your radio to 96.1 FM when the call comes in. It's certainly not elegant but it works great and anyone on the other end of the line hears me clearly despite the lack of a microphone. As well the hidden benefit is that your phone is always being charged. If you want to take the phone with you it has a spring button that releases the phone from its locked in position. It may be the best $25 I ever spent.

I'd like to tell you that I hope you get your money's worth out of the chains but in my heart I hope you don't. We've had all of about 6" of snow so far here in Central NJ this year. But I've been through far too many 15+ inch snowstorms to laugh at this winter yet.
  • Options
    nixon3nixon3 Member Posts: 3
    Trisha 2: The apparent dim headlights can be caused by several things. Cleaning them, as you did, is the first step in solving the problem. This problem can also be caused by:
    Degraded UV coating on lens. (Replacement required)
    Moisture inside lens. (If this is happening you will be able to see the moisture in the lens. Your Toyota dealer can check for source of moisture. The lens vent may be plugged, preventing the evaporation of collected moisture. If your trips are long enough, the bulbs burn hot enough to evaporate the moisture, if the vent is not plugged)
    Lights improperly adjusted. (Toyota Dealer can adjust them for you

Since you indicated that the lights appear bright, while looking at them from the outside, my guess is that they are out of adjustment. In any case your local Toyota dealer should be able to help you solve the dim light problem.

I have never taken my LS400 to a Toyota dealer for service, but I would not hesitate to do so, if they can do all the routine service work that is required. I would call and ask them. Normal oil changes can be done by the Toyota dealer, because the oil filter for your LS400 and the Toyota Land Cruiser are the same. They have different part numbers but the only difference is one says Toyota and the other Lexus.

Given your distance from the nearest Lexus dealer, I would let the Toyota dealer perform my service.

The interior dash light problem is not one that I have experienced. However, I seem to remember a post on another Lexus group, that indicated that Lexus would not change just one bulb. They will replace all of them for approximately $700.00. Don't hold me to this, because I getting to old to remember a post from two years ago.

Good Luck
  • Options
    stevesteinstevestein Member Posts: 263
    I've been lurking, not really anything to say. Love the car. I don't put many miles on - just at 7K after almost 10 mos, but each was a pleasure. I saw your earlier post about a video and magazine. I never got either. The mag online is OK, but if there is a video I'd like to get it. Was this from RC or Lexus?
    Steve
  • Options
    Lexus. I actually received two (vhs not dvd surprisingly) because I leased the second car. Call your salesman - I'm sure they can send you one. I looked at it and its helpful but I misplaced both of them.

Catena runs a great show doesn't he? I hear real good things about his MB shop in Edison as well. When I unexpectedly needed the second car because of work I actually had my Lexus salesman pricing me MB's from Edison. He may enlarge the Lexus dealership even more from what I hear. It's that successful. It's also the best showroom I've ever seen.
  • Options
    lenscaplenscap Member Posts: 854
    I'm sure you all know, but the LS 430 was recently voted the "best luxury sedan in America," regardless of price, by the auto testing company AMCI.

Competitors included:
    Audi A8L
    Bentley Arnage Red Label
    BMW 750iL
    Cadillac Seville STS
    Infiniti Q45
    Jaguar Vanden Plas Supercharged
    Lincoln Continental
    Merceds S600
    Rolls Royce Silver Seraph

The five finalists, in addition to the LS 430, were the Audi, BMW, Infiniti and Mercedes.

The LS 430 finished 1st or 2nd in every category tested. Also included was a 36,000-mile road reliability run.