Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue Transmission Problems

Comments

• Thank you Caron, I had sent you information on this the other day.
  • Don't buy 2002-05 Saturn Vue or Ion! VTI transmission failure expected by GM but no recall issued. I have a 2003 Vue with 67k miles that is now worth scrap metal because I cannot afford the $5500 rebuilt transmission. My car is only worth $6500. I never received written notification or was notified by the Saturn Dealership during routine maintenance. I cannot afford a new car payment; which is why I took care of my Vue - so I wouldn't have to. GM lost class action to replace these transmissions but filed for bankruptcy and received government (taxpayer) bailout before owners notified. Class action re-filed with "new" GM to compel to provide owners with relief.
    Spoke with GM dealers, GM Business Resource Center and Joe - our (NC) regional GM representative to no avail.
  • I hear you on this one I am in the exact same situation
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I have committed to warn other consumers about the faulty GM transmission, warranties and service. There is a class action that you can join - free and no commitment. Lakin and Chapman. Google it.

Best to you!
  • Not to go off topic here, but........

I had found out through Saturn dealership records via my Saturn local dealer (that was still in business) that my vehicle had 8 front wheel bearing replacements in about 2 & a half years... (5 on one side 3 on the other I believe). These replacements were done by a Saturn dealer, & this information was NOT disclosed on CarFAX or any other reporting site... this would have sent up red flags to me.

I purchased this through a GM dealer just 3 years into service, apparently these repairs are not made available via the GM network, but by the brand name.... & not need to be reported to these CarFax (or facsimile) paid information networks.
  • Here is a stupid question.. How do I check it??? I am stationed in Europe, and I took my Saturn Vue in for a normal oil change, and asked the gentlemen if he could check the transmission fluid, since I just got here and my vehicle just got off the boat to get here. He said he could not find where it is,,, My light just went on inside the vehicle that shows the transmission.. Someone PLEASE help me. thanks!!
  • The 3.5 V6 dipstick tube is located on the front right hand (looking frm the front) side kinda buried under the air snorkle so it's not right on top.

A light showing the Transmission???

I thought these vehicles fuel systems needed to be altered to run in Europe?

What is this little "f" in the blue box everywhere that seems to be making my PC go haywire?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    The "f" box is for sending your post to your Facebook page. It should only be showing up next to the post title box.

Time to reboot perhaps?

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• TY steve, I don't have an account there & my PC is always rebooted, as on here & many sites that incorporate 'f' I here clicks, the pages stall, & crash.

Went out of town last weekend had to rent a vehicle was afraid the Vue might leave me stranded.

Thought the vehicle would finally be made right with this campaign, I'm very disappointed with both GM & Honda on this one.
  • mbeach01mbeach01 Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Hi Caron,

We have a shutter on our '06 Vue 3.5 transmission as described in this forum. We changed the transmission fluid with the Honda variety about 30 days ago and it improved the shutter greatly, but it is returning. There are no more Saturn Dealers in the Orlando, Fl area. Where can we take our Vue to have this looked into? What about this recall: #10285 (February 2011) (for the transmission PCM re-program)? Also, what if it needs a torque converter? Is that covered? Car has 72000 miles.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    Sounds like you may benefit from removing your current anti-virus program and trying a different one. I've had good luck with free editions of AVG and Avast, and am now using Microsoft Security essentials. Downloads.com has a long list of them.

Bad enough having to rent a vehicle without having to rent a computer too. :sick:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• 442dude442dude Posts: 373
    Go to saturn.com...there you will find a link to "Authorized saturn Service Providers" Follow the link and its as easy as entering your zip code...It will likely be a local Chevrolet dealership.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    mbeach01,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. Could you please email us your VIN? We would like to look further into your situation. Also, could you include your zip code so I may search for the nearest dealership?

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • I just recently bought a 2004 Saturn vue. I've noticed that when I accelerate slow, around 25 miles an hour there is a jerky feeling but if I accelerate quick it doesn't do that. Could it be the transmission? I've been told it could be the rear motor mount but its been checked and there is nothing wrong with the mounts. I don't want to put alot of money in it for trail and error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Please define shutter, is it like surging or sort of jerky shifting (ie: much like someone learning to drive a manual)?
  • TY, I'll try this as I do have an antiquated OS, & on a dialup. A shame I can no longer just simply pick up a copy of XP discs off the shelf at a reasonable cost. Newer programs likely will not run on my OS.

Older & less intrusive software I find works better on this machine.
  • Tweety, what size engine?

I grit my teeth accelerating after making a turn to find what state the TC may be in, if it's going to surge, or jerk the vehicle. Saturn considered this normal.
  • No. More like lugging. Like it upshifted too soon and the engine was not running fast enough for the gear selected.
  • It's like somebody trying to learn to drive a manual.
  • It has a 3.5L, V6