Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Maxima Problems

Comments

• go_mdx1go_mdx1 Posts: 135
    I've had my Maxima (w/Bose) for over 1 year now. My first few months, I was not happy with the Bose system - for the same issues you stated. Over time, I've now come to love the Bose system - those rear windows speakers really do add strong bass to the music which grows on you (at least me) over time!!

Finally, if you look at all of the Owner Reviews, you will also see that one of the favorite features on the Maxima is the Bose Radio.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    yeah, I'm probably just not use to it; it will probably grow on me over time
  • I am having the exact same problem. This has been going on in my car since June. I bought the car in June. They have replaced the Strut and Sway bar and it is still making the noise. I am not comfortable driving the car but Nissan North America says it is safe to drive so they are doing nothing about it. Also, apparently my car is not included with the recall so at this point there is no solution. I am very frustrated with this car.
    if Nissan isn't going to do anything about it I'd report it to your state's consumer affairs department or lemon department mentioned in the owners manual to try and get some kind of resolution; based on what I've read on this forum and the details of the recall it sounds like your problem is related to the recall Nissan put out on the front strut insulators; if Nissan replaced it with the same faulty insulators from that Chinese company that made it crappy in the first place you'd still have the same problem you did before; I'm not sure if you had it replaced before or after the recall was identified and issued by Nissan last month because Nissan has only stopped using those insulators since last month; but I'd get your states consumer's affair department involved
  • ksack1ksack1 Posts: 3
    After 2 weeks of calling nissan sometimes 3 times a day they called the dealer and they did the recall this past wed it took 4 hrs but so far its worked. I took the service mgr for a ride before I left because if the noise was still there I was going to leave the car and call my attonery. The recall is for cars that were made 3/09 to 8/09. If you need help just shoot me an e-mail ksack1@yahoo.com
  • Hey guys,
    I just got a new 09 maxima and have heard a rubbing/creaking noise from somewhere around the back seat area. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -Matt
  • pbabs1pbabs1 Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2009 Maxima a month ago. They had me test drive it on a smooth surface at the car dealership...I purchased the car (1st new car ever). Since then I have heard clanging, banging and odd noises when going over a bump or somettimes when making a turn and my foot is on the break, Yesterday something clunked from under the car and banged on the break pedal. There are times I hear clunking in the rearend of the car....and at times it seems ok. The noises are intermittant soft then loud...I am crazy. I had a 2000 maxima that drove better than this one....can anyone assist?
    I have a 2010 Maxima SV and have isolated a rattle/squeaky noise coming from somewhere in the back passenger side seat; I originally thought it was in the ceiling but when I put the 60 fold part of the passenger seat down and drive the car with the seat down I don't hear the noise at all; when I put the passenger side rear seat back up into its normal position I hear the noise when going over bumps and expansion joints; I guess there is something loose in the hinge area where the rear seat locks onto the back trunk wall and it vibrates or shakes when ever going over a bump; don't think the dealer can do anything about it without tearing the car apart and I don't think it is worth it; should have gotten the premium package with the fixed seat back so that I wouldn't have this problem at all; not sure if this is the same problem your having but this is what I'm dealing with; if you don't have the 60/40 split seats then this def is not your problem; very disappointed with the amount of squeaks and rattles an almost 38k car has! pathetic is the cheaply made front center console armrest and cheap plastic underneath; making squeaky sounds whenever my elbow rests on it!!
    sounds like you might be the recipient end of the strut insulator recall currently on 2009 Maxima's made between March 2009 and August 2009; will most likely have to take it into the dealer and have them take a look at it! other people on this forum have commented on similar problems with the suspension and having to have the struts replaced!
  • ksack1ksack1 Posts: 3
    The recall is not out as of yet.I have had the problem for a month 1/2 and finally nissan north america called the dealership to do the recall last week. I had to call nissan to get a file started and it took me calling them every day to get it taken care of. The service advisor told me the recall is not coming out until the 14th of this month.
  • pbabs1pbabs1 Posts: 2
    thank you for responding...they replaced the front struts this past MOnday and I didn't even make it out of the dealership parking lot before it made a "clanging Noise. Since Monday I have experienced same + other noises/issues. I need to call them again to let them know...cause yesterday is when something banged up against the break pedal....1st new car ever- I am very sad....
    well then Nissan postponed the recall because it was suppose to start on October 5th because that is what their website said; maybe it's going to affect more altima and maxima's then they originally thought so they postponed it; with Nissan who knows!
  • This may sound like a dumb question, but since I just got mine how do I tell if I have the 60/40 seat in the back, I am hoping I do so that may be the culprit of the creaking noise problem. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow fairly angry though that this problem has just now developed after I bought it. Has anyone had luck with getting the dealer to completely fix the creaking noise from the back?
    if you have the 60/40 split seats there will be two white/gray trunk pulls in the back ceiling of the trunk that you pull down; the passenger side also has a release up above and behind the rear headrest in the car; if you have the premium package you won't have the 60/40 split seats!
  • Nissan North America just called me back. I have had a claim open with them since August. When the first recall came out, October 5th for the strut insulator I thought my problems would go away. Well according to Nissan my car is not on that recall list. I have been pressing them to fix the grinding noise on my right front wheel. They have already replaced the strut and sway bar once but it didn't fix it. During the phone call today they told me that there will be ANOTHER recall posted on October 19th and hopfully my car will be part of that recall. They would not tell me the details of the future recall but instead told me to call my dealership. The car has been making this noise since June. I am not happy at all with my brand new Nissan Maxima.
  • Just as an update to the creaking noise coming from my new 2009 maxima SV. I took it into the dealer a few days ago and they basically took apart everything from the back seat to the trunk to find it. Evidently, in the left rear in the trunk there was two pieces of metal that come together in the body and compensate for body roll. For some reason they were supposed to be welded together but were not, so hence every bump/turn/etc they were rubbing today and making the creaking noise. They put a spot weld on them and at least for a few days now I haven't heard anything. Needless to say I wasn't too happy to see my brand new car in complete pieces, but at least it is all back together now!
  • aishadaishad Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what the break in period for the Maxima 09 is? I've had my car for almost 3 months, since August 3. I currently have 1,510 miles on the car and I'm at 12.9 mpg... I called Nissan and they said it would fluctuate, but there's no fluctuation just a steady decline. I live in NYC... so I'm going off the 19 city miles. I know its a new car, but is it normal for the mpg to be soo low??
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Posts: 51
    You have 290HP so don't expect expect 19MPH in the city.U may get close to 16MPH. U bought performance over gas conservation.
  • aishadaishad Posts: 2
    but 12.9? I guess its my fault for not doing more research before I got the car. Not to mention my car was apart of the recall.. Starting to regret this purchase :-(
  • lsu50lsu50 Posts: 1
    I have a one month old 2009 Nissan Maxima with 1200 miles. Yesterday at a red light the service engine soon light, the slip indicator light and the vehicle dynamic control off light all came on. The car would not accelerate and would only idle at ten miles per hour. I checked all fluids levels and everything is Ok. This morning only the service engine light remained on and the car performed normally but after about five minutes the other two lights came on and the car again lost the ability to accelerate and would only idle. I am now trying to contact my dealer to get it towed in for service. Has anyone experienced this problem?