Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• shadoh1shadoh1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi carman, what is the residual/money factor for a 2011 Q5 2.0T with Prem plus and Nav, Band & Olfson sound and 19" wheels? MSRP is $45245

We are looking at it for a 12,000 mile lease. Thank you.
  • shadoh1shadoh1 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for 36 month, 42 and 48 month. Thanks.
  • azbmwx5azbmwx5 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman:
    I am looking at a few options for a midsize crossover. I need the lease rates for a 3 year, 10K per year deal for a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus. I would appreciate it if you could include the Audi Finance bank fee as well. Thank you so much.
  • zach2zach2 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man, do you have the residual and MF for the Q5 2.0 Premium Plus for 10k and 12k miles? Also, is the first months payment still being waived on leases and is the $750 cash still available? Finally, can you confirm AudiCare will add 1% to the residual? Appreciate your help on the many questions...it's all needed to figure the deal. Thanks.
  • sjuhawkssjuhawks Member Posts: 13
    Looking at a Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 19" wheels as the only stand along option, in quartz gray. I've been quoted a price of $39,900, money factor of .00169 and residual of 51% if Audi Care is included. With PA taxes (9%) on a 36 month lease, 12k miles, $0 down I'm getting quoted $705 a month. I run these figures and get $685 a month, can't figure out where the discrepancy is.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey jwalter007. The money factors for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are exactly the same, but the residual values for that mileage allowance are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, shadoh1.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00149 and 50%, respectively.

As far as cash incentives go, Audi is currently providing $750 loyalty cash and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha. OK, I already provided you with the 36 month numbers. The 42 month numbers are .00169 and 46%.

Audi is not currently providing any support on 48 month leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi azbmwx5. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00149 and 51%.

I believe that AFS' base acquisition fee is currently $695.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello zach2. My previous several posts should contain the specific lease program information that you're looking for.

Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases through the end of the year. The $750 owner loyalty cash is still available on leases of the '11 Q5 as well.

The addition of Audi Care used to add 1% to vehicle's residual values. I haven't looked into this program in a while, but I haven't heard that it was discontinued.

Car_man
    Host
  • openedopened Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I am looking to lease 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium with NO options. MSRP is $36000, negotiated to $34,800
    Looking for 36 months 12K miles per year with $0 down.
    What would be the monthly payment? Thanks
  • juvefcjuvefc Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man:
    When you have a moment, can you please let me know the December money factor and residual values for an Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus + Nav. 36 and 42 month leases, 12k miles and 15k miles/year.
    Thanks in advance.
  • bertatemabertatema Member Posts: 5
    I want to lease Q5 with Premium Plus and Navigation. THe MSRP is $43,275, invoice 40,307. I also want Audi care for $750. If I ask for a 42 month, 10K miles including one month free and tax and license and I do not put anything down, how much should my monthly payments be? A dealer today would only go to $695 with no Audi Care and $715 with Audi Care. Can I do better and what number should be a good deal? Thanks, sorry if I posted this twice.
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Car Man,

Can you please supply me with Dec figures for a 2011 Q5 2.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles for 36 or 39 months or 42 months?

Definitely in need of quattro...

Thank you in advance.
    Hi opened. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Audi Q5 Premium that has an MSRP of $36,000 and a selling price of $34,800 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pr-tax monthly payment would be around $508.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, juvefc. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00169 and 44%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello pmannymo. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00169 and 46%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00169 and 44%.

I know what you mean about quattro. It's starting to snow already :mad: .

Car_man
    Host
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    You are such an incredible help to us all. Thank you for your constant guidance. These cars are hard to find here in Cleveland so harder to work a deal. I am pretty sure it will be a 2011 SRX based on really competitive financing right now.

Thank you!!
  • openedopened Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,
    Thank you for your input.
    Now I am thinking to go with Premium Plus model.
    Have not decided yet to buy or to lease.
    I am trying to find a fair price, somewhere $400 over the invoice.
    Invoice 37,909. I can finance for 72 months with 3.55%
  • kjg124kjg124 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man!!
    First post for me here on the forum, but a long time watcher of your work! Was given a payment of $581 a month with taxes included on a 2011 2.0L premium plus with nav and wheel locks and audi care included. 42 month lease with 10k per year. putting 5k down. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not? wanted to keep the payment under 600, but is 5k to high to put down in your opinion? any answers you give me would be a great help. Thank you
  • vr90802vr90802 Member Posts: 5
    Audi Financial Lease Rates as of 12/10/2010

All rates are for 15k miles a year, for 12k miles add +2% to the residual.

Audi Care adds +1% to residual.

2011 Audi Q5 2.0L Premium
    24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00149 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00149 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00193 Base Rate

2011 Audi Q5 2.0L Premium Plus
    24 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00149 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00149 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00193 Base Rate

2011 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus
    24 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00143 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00143 Base Rate
    42 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00163 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00193 Base Rate

2011 Audi Q5 3.2L Prestige
    24 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00143 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00143 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 38% of MSRP – .00193 Base Rate
  • milenpmilenp Member Posts: 8
    ....Rear side airbags.

I am considering leasing such Q5. The MSRP is 39700 and I will probably get it for 40000.
    Could anyone please give me the lease numbers for 36 months and 48/49 months, depending on the current Audi lease programs.
    Thanks in advance!
  • wtw2wtw2 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, mess #476 response to Opened requesting estimate on a monthly payment of a Q5 Prem w/ selling price of $34,800 thru AFS for 36 months w/12k miles, zero down resulting in a pretax monthly payment of $508
    I was never ever good at math. Could you please educate me as to how you arrived at your answer. Thanks
    WTW2
    ......anyone? Please chime in. I am in Chicago area and from what I am told, 2.0 Q5s are not easy to locate around here. Local dealers definitely don't even want to to move down from msrp for a car that they have. They are Ok-ish to discuss for a pre-order car. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
    Thanks pmannymo. I'm glad that you've found my posts so helpful.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome opened. $400 over invoice is a very good deal for a 2011 Q5 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kjg124. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this vehicle's selling price in relation to its MSRP or dealer invoice price. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

I completely agree with you about the down payment. $5,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. It would be much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi milenp. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00193 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wtw2. The following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com explain exactly how to calculate lease payments and how leasing works: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtw2wtw2 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks I will give them a read.
    wtw
  • pootie563pootie563 Member Posts: 1
    So my lease on my 5 series is coming up and I have been receiving horrific numbers from them that I am thinking about purchasing/leasing a q5. I am negative about 4000 dollars and was looking to lease a q5, 15k, 36 months and it would be priced around 42k. What kind of numbers would I be looking at.....with money and no money down. I was also considering just paying off the car at carmax and starting fresh with audi. We do have loyalty with audi since we just bought a car from them last december.......any suggestions?
  • palleg33palleg33 Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2011
    Have been shopping around the past couple weeks for a Q5 and this is the best price I could get.
    2.0 Premium Plus without navigation and upgraded wheels -39900 selling price, 1650 out of pocket and 42mos for 667 month and 15k miles per year
    With Navigation the payment goes to 708 a month

Best price but still seems high for this class of car. My Infiniti EX35 is coming off lease and was 150.00 cheaper per month!!
    Do you feel this is the best I can do. I do realize this car is in demand. So much so, that those prices are with me ordering the car for delivery in late March. There aren't 2.0's anywhere to buy by january 4th to take advantage of Audi making the first payment too.

Thanks
    Thanks Carman,

Though, the one I was asking was Q5 wit Premium Plus package, which according to previous posts had a money factor 0.00149 and residual value of 49% if purchased with Audi Care Program. Anyway, I ended up getting one for selling price of 39815 with 19 inches wheels, cargo mat and all season floor mats in addition to the premium plus. Unfortunately in Illinois, one has to pay sales taxes on the whole price upfront and at the end of the lease, if desired to purchase the car - pay tax one more time on the purchase price at that time :(. I am posting this here for future buyers information. Thanks! Great site!
    Millen
    Where are you located. It took me a hack of time to find one in Chicago.
    About the lease - look at you numbers again. My lease for 36 months with 2500 down is 680/month, so you probably could work out your 42 months lease a bit. Good luck!
  • palleg33palleg33 Member Posts: 12
    This would be on an order, not one on the lot
    Again it depends where you are and how many of these vehicles are around. One of my local dealers is chasing me to reserve one, coming in........... about 3 weeks for MSRP :), almost like I have to put even more to make sure I get it ;). Of course, there are plenty others who can get you the car right away. Keep in mind hidden charges, such as aquisition fee ~$600-700. Good luck!
    No problem wtw2.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, Millen. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with everyone.

Car_man
    Host
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    Looking for 42/48 w/10K lse of Q5 Premium Plus. Any information regarding RV & MF appreciated in advance.
  • njaudinewnjaudinew Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    What is the money factor and residual value with a 36 months lease and 15000 mileage allowance in nj. Also is this public information and if so where do I find it or is it specific to dealerships
  • kjg124kjg124 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    posted a few weeks ago inquiring about some leasing options. signed the deal 2 days before christmas, and i'll share my numbers with everyone. I qualified tier b status. income is just over 100k/yr credit score avg. is 665. Car was purchased in New Jersey

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T, premium plus w/ nav B&O sound system, and all weather mats,
    and Audi Care

42 Months at 10k miles per year

MSRP $44365, Invoice $41320, my price $42250

Lease Down Payment $5000 monthly payment w/ tax $629.70

I'm sure people will see its a bit high but my Money Factor was a bit higher b/c of Tier B credit, and the 5k was the total amount I put out of pocket
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    My A4's lease is about to mature. Have been looking around to see what Q5 is being leased at in tri state area. Came across this site.

http://www.rluxurycars.com/2011-Audi-Q5-577

Have seen quite a few vehicles in Manhattan with their number plates. Does anyone have any experience of dealing with this kinda co.?Wonder how they offer such low rates...Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
  • ac3ac3 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man

Can you post the January Audi Finance lease buy rates and residuals for Q5 2.0T Premium
    36 and 42 month lease with 12,000 miles per year.
  • boltsdynastyboltsdynasty Member Posts: 8
    First off, thanks to everyone for the useful information in the prior posts. Great resource prior to heading into the dealership for the first time.

I'm looking at 2011 2.0T Q5 Premium Plus w/nav in the Chicago area. MSRP is 43,990. Truecar shows factory invoice of $41,384 and dealer cost of $41,053.

Anyone have thoughts on a good target price? I'm thinking $41,500 as a reasonable goal.

For lease, what is money factor and residual for 36 and 48 months at 10,000 and 12,000 per year?
  • leasechickleasechick Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    been reading your posts for several years, and they've been a tremendous help with our last two leases. Acura lease is expiring soon, and we are looking at the '11 Audi q5, 2.0T, premium plus + nav.
    These 2.0Ts are in high demand here in Maryland, have to order them. The MSRP is $43275; is it reasonable to try for $41,000 on this vehicle? That's about $700 over invoice.

And, What should my goal be for MF for 36 mos. @ 16K miles / year? We qualify for top tier credit.

Last thing, what are your thoughts on Audi Care to get the 1% bump in residual. Running the numbers shows a slight decrease in the monthly, not much. is there a big savings for regular maintenance?

Would love to know what the best deal is that i can expect to get. Otherwise i'll be looking at another RDX or maybe the MB GLK.

thanks for all your help car_man!
    Hi valenkav. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00187 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings njaudinew. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ac3. Please see my previous two posts for the information that you're looking for.

AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals and 1% lower than its 10k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey boltsdynasty. A couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, like you mentioned being interested in, would be an excellent selling price.

I mentioned this vehicle's money factors in my previous several posts. Please check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for being such a loyal community member, leasechick. $700 over dealer invoice is a pretty good target selling price to shoot for.

If I was going to get an Audi, I'd probably go with Audi Care for only a few extra dollars per month. The residual value bump that AFS provides on vehicles with it is a nice added bonus.

Please look a couple of posts back for the lease program information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.