Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ealazarusealazarus Member Posts: 23
    I have seen the car you are looking for at Cavender Audi in San Antonio and at Ft. Worth Audi.

I picked up one on Monday from Cavender and they now have 7....if you want to write to me, I will give you the names and you can complete the deal over the phone and by e-mail.

Elliot
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    That sucks about your experience. I used to sell cars when I was 18, for about 6 months. It's the most crooked business I've ever known. Even with all my intimate knowledge of the business and all of the tricks, dealers still try to F with me every time I buy a car. What sucks is that when you are looking for a nice car, they know your income and they try to take advantage of the fact that our time is worth money, so arguing over hundreds of dollars or worse, 20-30 a month in lease payment is not worth the time. I'm glad you walked and won't do business with that dealer. That's the best retribution. I'm not sure why it's still legal for dealers to blatantly lie to customers? It happens to me every time I purchase a vehicle.
  • kheshirekheshire Member Posts: 5
    I'm going shopping this weekend for a 2010 Audi Q5 premium with sunroof, bluetooth and ipod additions. Anyone know what April's money factor and residual rates are on this package for a a 42 month/10k lease? I'd also be curious what they are for the premium plus package.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello kheshire. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00121 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Q5 Premium Plus are .00121 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2010
    Carman,

Can you please provide lease figures for Q5 (Premium Plus and 19s) with 15k miles per year for 36, 42 and 48 months.

Thanks!
  • ac5ac5 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Hi Everyone. I'm in Northern California and considering leasing a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus. I'm new to leasing, so I am seeking your input regarding the terms of this deal - good, bad, or indifferent. I did notice that the Money Factor quoted to me was different than the one Car_man mentioned. Comments on my down payment of $5K are welcome too. Thanks in advance.

I was just quoted the following on a 42 month lease for an Audi Q5 Premium Plus:
    MSRP: $42,940
    Initial Cap Cost: $41,940
    Residual: 45%
    Residual Value $19,323
    Rebate/Audi Loyalty: -$500
    Bank Fee: $625
    DMV Amount/Add: $553 / $16
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $38,680.93
    Term: 42 months
    Leas Money Factor: 0.00165
    Base Monthly Rental: $556.61
    Tax Rate/Amt: 9.7500% $54.27
    Total Monthly Payment: $610.88
    License Fee: $569 (how is this differnt than DMV amount)
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Doc Fee: $45
    CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 9.7500% $378.70
    Customer Cash Down $5,000
    Total Working Cash $5,500
    Drive Off: $5,500

Any constructive advice or comments are welcome.

Thanks!
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    That's not your best deal. Do more research on how to lease. Go with 36 month and add Audi Care, that will give you a better residual, demand the best MF or walk (assuming there's nothing wrong with your credit), and put ONLY the absolute minimum down (research. you'll lose any extra cash down if something happens to the car).
    Hi boltsfan. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are n unattractive .00216 and 38%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rudylgzarudylgza Member Posts: 9
    Just went by the dealership today. They were really aggressive in trying to get me buy today. Decided to walk away.

Q5 Premium
    Black/Black
    Negotiated Price: $36600
    $514/$550 with Tax
    $2385 due at inception (first month, tax ,tag, bank fee, dealer fee)

This is in South Florida. Good deal or could I do better? Also have the lease rates changed?
  • fikisportsfikisports Member Posts: 3
    What are they offering as MF and residual on 36 mo., 15K Premium Plus?
  • crossover1crossover1 Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2010
    He was probably aggressive trying to make his month end sales. Looks like it is a good deal. Leased a negotiated $38,500 Premium for $575 (w/ Tax).
  • deborah512deborah512 Member Posts: 3
    I am very new to leasing and just left the dealership in Marin County, CA with a quote for leasing a Q5 Premium Plus for $935/month. This number cannot be correct and I am trying to confirm how they came up with this number. I haven't seen the May 2010 numbers for money and residual for the Q5 Premium Plus on this site. Car Man do you have these?. Also, can someone please direct me back to a post where I can learn how to calculate the payments? I want a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles. If it's smarter to go with a longer lease, I can do 42 or 48 months. Thanks for the help!
    Greetings fikisports. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi deborah512. HAHAHAHAH a thousand bucks per month for an Audi Q5. Do those guys think that you just fell off of the turnip truck? If that was really what it cost to lease one Audi wouldn't sell any.

I just provided the lease program data that you're looking for in my previous post.

The following informative article that is available here at Edmunds.com explains exactly how lease payments are calculated: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Could you please post the latest rates for both the Premium and Premium Plus, 10k or 12k, 36mo or 42mo?

Thx
    Here you go, rudylgza. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00101 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00121 and 45%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    I'm shopping for a Q5 too. Can you please share the May lease rates and incentives for the Premium Plus option? Thanks!
  • austinmilbargeaustinmilbarge Member Posts: 1
    CarMan, thanks for all the work you put in here.

Wondering if you could provide numbers for both a 36 and 39 month lease with 10000 miles on a Premium Plus.

I see you've provided these numbers on a Premium. Is there any correlation or formula we should be aware of to save you a little time?
    Can you lease provide numbers for May and possibly June.

Thanks!
  • cherylcitroncherylcitron Member Posts: 2
    would you mid telling me if this is a good deal?

2010AudiQ5 Premium plus plus navigation

Inception fees only like $2,000
    36 months at 697/mo including tax

msrp is about $45,335
    Thanks so much Should I wait for the 2011 at this point?
  • kjc1334kjc1334 Member Posts: 2
    How much over buy rate on a lease should you go for?
    Hi comfortzones. Through the beginning of July, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome austinmilbarge.

According to the latest information that I have seen, through early July Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium Pus with 10,000 miles per year are .00101 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00121 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey boltsfan. Audi's May lease program is scheduled to run through July 5th. Please see my previous two posts for the latest info that I have seen.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kjc1334. I personally don't ever want to pay anything over the buy rate when I lease. I completely understand that dealers have to make money to stay in business, but I find it simpler to insist that dealers make their money on my vehicle's selling price than on the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • mishmash1mishmash1 Member Posts: 16
    What do think about the special "lease offer" from Audi?
    Is the loyalty cash in addition to the offer? If not how would it change offer?
    What does the money factor and residual come out to? Is it the same as what you have been quoting?

Exceptional $539 a Month Special Lease now through July 5, 2010

1st Month Payment $539
    Security Deposit $550
    Acquisition Fee $625
    Down Payment $1,985
    Due at Signing* $3,699 (Excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer fees)

Thanks for any help.
    Where is this lease special?
    Hi mishmash1. While I have not seen the specific advertised payment that you mentioned in your post, most manufacturers' official advertised leases leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to arrive at the advertised payment, and in turn receive a slightly lower monthly payment on the same vehicle.

I do not believe that the loyalty cash is typically included in Audi's advertised lease deals. If that is indeed the case, then you would be able to have the dealer subtract that from this car's payment as well.

You never mentioned the specific trim level, term, or mileage allowance for this deal, so I will have to make some assumptions to give you an idea of what Audi Financial Services' parameters are like. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00101 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rudylgza. Audi has a number of advertised lease payments on its website. Just click on the following link and enter your zip code.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/offers/regional.html#source=http://www.audius- a.com/us/brand/en/offers/regional.html&container=page

Car_man
    Host
  • zenguitarguyzenguitarguy Member Posts: 3
    2010 Q5 Premium plus with tow package and 19" wheels, am paying $768 a month lease 42 months and 12K miles annually. I came in with tier 1 credit and paid $843 drive off. I think I got a good deal....I hope so...lol
  • funkbfunkb Member Posts: 3
    Hello

I was hoping someone could help me on this. I was offered the following:
    Q5 Premium, bluetooth, heated seats, sunroof, for 36/10k

587 a month
    4407 due at signing (includes some weird security payment for new audi leasors)
    50% residual
    money factor is .00101
    selling price is 39600

What do you think.

Thanks so much!
    B
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    I think it's not a good deal; not at all!
    I know, I got mine almost a year ago, but simply compare the numbers I got: Premium Plus (quartz gray); MSRP 42K&change; 42/12K lease, $587/mo, incl. AudiCare, $2585 due at signing, incl. 1st month's payment.
    Despite the extra 6 months lease I consider it a much better deal, don't you think?
    I hope it helped, Good Luck!
  • funkbfunkb Member Posts: 3
    Even for New York? Did you put $2585 plus taxes?
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    funkb...yes, including taxes, in Edison, NJ, Bell Audi. Let me know if you need a referral.
    Good Luck!
  • zenguitarguyzenguitarguy Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    So does seem like a good deal, my buy price was 44.3K and low drive off but i9 am worried I am paying too much??? MSRP $47.1 because of 19" tires/tow package and all weather mats,
    Agreed Sale price:
    Interest rate/lease terms: Rate 0.00136
    Warranty: 4 years, 50,000 miles
    audi care

seems like a huge difference in monthly doesn't it??
  • tjdoddtjdodd Member Posts: 2
    This is a 2010 Audi Q5 3.2 auto quattro
    Meteor gray
    Black interior
    Premium plus package
    Navigation package (this package gets you the parking sensors and backup camera as well!)
    Wheel lock kit
    MSRP $45,780
    Invoice $43,402
    Your price $43,402

Lease
    36 months/12,000 miles per year
    Total drive off $309 (normally there would be a higher drive off but I rolled all upfront fees into the payment)
    Monthly payment $710 plus tax.
  • marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    Try to see if the dealer is willing to throw in AudiCare for free (worth $790). They did for mine. Also, check to see if Audi Penske-West Covina (ask for Jerry) is willing to beat the price (assuming they have the car with the options you wanted).
  • misswhomisswho Member Posts: 19
    Carman, or anyone else who might know:
    My dealer is saying there's an incentive right now where Audi will waive the required $850 security deposit, but by doing so, it also requires them to raise the MF from 0.00101 to 0.00151.

Does this sound legit? I've calculated it out & the lower MF will end up saving me about $1200 in payments over the life of the lease. If I have to pay $850 to get the lower MF, it will still save me a few hundred dollars. We are talking change here, but I still want to get the best deal possible :)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Advice?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    If you make the security deposit, you get it back at the end of the lease...

In most cases, you'll be better off making the deposit and getting the lower money factor... In this case, it's a no-brainer. You aren't paying them $850... you are loaning them $850.. until the end of the lease..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• misswhomisswho Member Posts: 19
    Oh I see...I didn't know you get it back at the end! That makes a HUGE diff! Thanks a ton! I'm hopefully closing the deal today, so thanks for the insight :)
    Carman,

Do you have the latest lease numbers(MF and Residual) for a 2011 2.0T Q5 Premium 42/12K? 42/10K?

Thanks.
    I certainly do, rudylgza.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the reply Carman.Does the 2.0 premium plus have the same rates?
    Carman,

Can you please post lease rates for a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus.

48/15k
    42/15k

I have also been told by an Audi dealer that the lease rates goes down slightly if you pay the security deposit. Is this true?

Thanks!
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    What are the lease rates (MF and residual) for a 36 month 15K per year lease on both the 2010 and 2011 premium plus 3.2 with navigation?
  • carsacarsa Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the latest lease numbers (MF and Residual) for a 2011 3.2 Q5 Premium Plus with navigation for a 42 month/10k per year lease?

Thanks!
  • hikeleaderhikeleader Member Posts: 12
    2011 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0

MRSP $40,275 including destination charge
    Sale Price $38,200
    Money Factor .0019 (4.6%)
    Residual Value 49% ($19,734.75)
    Acquisition/Bank Fee $625
    Dealer Doc Fee $349
    Other Fees (such as DMV, tire, etc…) $371

Questions:
    This a good deal?
    Is there a disposition fee typically? Gap coverage?
    Can I get a better MF if I put down a deposit?
    Does anyone know the August MF yet?
  • bazsabazsa Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

would you please post the August lease rates for a 2011 2.0 Q5 Premium Plus for 36 mo / 15k, and 42 mo / 15k?

Thanks in advance!
  • darkknight1darkknight1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2010 Q5 with premium plus and navigation. Somehow, I have yet to find a good deal from the local dealers.

What do you think about this deal?

2010 Q5 - 36 mo/15k with premium plus and navi

$650/mo plus taxes. $5000/drive-off

Residual value: $21093
  • hikeleaderhikeleader Member Posts: 12
    I can recommend the dealer I used. Very straight w/ you.
    Shoot me an note.
This discussion has been closed.