Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tmanitmani Member Posts: 3
    Picked up a silver sky metallic xle with premium package . OTD 36909 (TTL = 1106). Includes mats , cargo organizer and mud flaps. Replacing a 2001 honda odyssey with transmission problems.
    Picked up additional two year maintenance plan for 670

Initial comments
    -------------------
    Great van. Nice, smooth ride.
    Thought there were two DVD players for playing two video sources on the dual view screen.
    Love the smart key features.
  • Options
    jason9843jason9843 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Picked up the White LE with cross bar, floor mat, sil protector, and wheel locks on Long Island, NY.
    $27,800 + tax + TTL - Toyotathon $500 debit card in mail
  • Options
    toyotasebuyertoyotasebuyer Member Posts: 2
    I was planning to buy Toyota Sienna SE 2011 by Dec end. But with the Toyota sienna recall, I am in 2 minds whether to buy it now or not.

Here are the details of the recall:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2010/12/16/511051.html

Any suggestions on what to do in this situation?
  • Options
    lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    Did you purchase before the recall was issued to the Dealers. I understand that most Dealers in DFW are not selling the ones affected by the recall. I think the criteria is that if its manufactured prior to November, it's part of the recall...

What was the original quote that you got?
  • Options
    toyotasebuyertoyotasebuyer Member Posts: 2
    I have not purchased the car yet. I was planning to do so. I got a quote of 30,500 before taxes for Toyota Sienna SE with preferred package.

I will have to check with dealer regarding the manufactury date of the car.
  • Options
    samtheman10samtheman10 Member Posts: 1
    Don't worry about it. We just bought an XLE with Prem package - what a great van we love it. The hand break will be replaced in Feb thru the recall. There really is no problem with it anyway. Toyota is just too cautious. Other manufacturers wouldn't even bother with a recall.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Wait till the 2011 Nissan Quest comes out in January 2011.
  • Options
    jason9843jason9843 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    They will fix it anyway. Recall is common for any car. Nothing is perfect. I"m glad they found out about it.
    I'm not regreted.

They first offerred me $28,900. I told them other dealers offered me much lower (the lowest other dealer did offer me $27,835 but less with my trade in).
    It's hard to bargain since I had to trade my car in. I get rip off anyway.
    Just so you know, my friend got the same trim with nothing for $27,500 with finance. I think it is possible to go for $27,500.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    From the spec sheet PDF in the press kit:

Cargo dimensions (length x width x height) 86.5 x 63.2 x 40.0. So you can't close the hatch with a sheet of plywood in it.

http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=D9CF4CCF2381C7137EE4BDB6CA6C- 3569?&id=2084&mid=

That means the floor is a good 10" shorter than Dodge, Honda, or Toyota, all which can fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood (that's 96" flat floor length), hatch closed.
  • Options
    maryshmarysh Member Posts: 6
    I am in the process of buying a new Sienna LE V6 FWD. One of the guy at Toyota dealer told me that they do not have much inventory because mangers do not want to sell the car until they fix the recall problem.

Normally end of the year should be a good time to get great price. However, from the quotes I got from several San Francisco area Toyota dealers the price seems really high ($1000 above invoice price). I wonder if the recall reduce the supply and therefore impact the price.

If any of you have any insight into this situation I would like to hear it. I wonder if I should wait until next year to buy the car. I don't need the car right away and can probably wait a month or two if I can get a better price.

From reading the posts here my understanding is that a good price should be below invoice for Sienna. I just wonder if San Francisco local market is different. If any of you have any recent experience of buying Sienna in San Francisco please share with me.

Thanks so much for your help! The posts here are very helpful.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I think that's an excuse to try to get a leg up when negotiating with you.

The recall does *not* include a stop-sell, AFAIK.
  • Options
    Can you share the dealership name and location?
  • Options
    lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    In DFW I was in email contact (to purchase a Sienna) with several dealers when this recall came out. After the recall notice, not many dealers would sell a Sienna except if it was manufactured in Nov or later (and is not on the recall list). I purchased my LE FWD V6 today and I can tell that due to this recall the NET inventory of Siennas is reduced and the competition between dealers is down. I ended up paying a bit higher (28K +TTL) then what I had targeted (27.6K) but I needed to take delivery today for a long family road trip which will save me airfare dollars. Also, had a coupon code for the Shareathon.
  • Options
    bellmonsterbellmonster Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    We have a 2011 sienna which we love and we also have a 2002 lexus rx300 suv. We plan on going to the mountains and my husband wants to take the suv and not the minivan. How does the minivan do in the snow? It is rather low to the ground so maybe people from back East or up North can tell me how the sienna does in the snow? We would be using chains. thx
  • Options
    suraj657suraj657 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys..

Need help in determining the least possible price for the Sienna, two dealers quoted 30,300 drive out while most others in Houston would not come down less than 31,100. There is another one @30,000 drive out for the Salsa Red pearl/Bisque interior.. So what do you guys suggest? Is this the best price drive out??
  • Options
    busmaster44busmaster44 Member Posts: 20
    Live in Chicago. Just prior to the recall announcement I picked up a 2011 silver sky metallic LE that just got delivered the day before. Came with the active alarm, carpet, and tow prep as extras. Retail was like 30,600 plus tax. I had an 08 Veracruz GLS 2WD that I got KBB for, which was 17,800. After 1000 rebate, and before 500$ sharethon cash, I paid 10,400 out the door credit at 3.8% apr for 5 years.

After 500$ sharathon cash, I paid... 27,700 out the door including chicago taxes and transferred plates.

A big trade-in saved me 2k in taxes. The final price is like 6-700 under invoice, cutting even into the dealer holdback of 2%. Of course, I'm sure those cheap floormats are NOT worth 289 but still...
  • Options
    cukhiemcukhiem Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    cukhiemcukhiem Member Posts: 4
    I bought the SE last night at Bernadi Toyoto in Frammingham Mass for 30,500.

Preferred package, moon roof, towing, roof rack, lower molding, carpet and door sill, cargo net, wheel locks.

Paid - 30500
    Tax 6.25 - 1906.25
    Reg fee - 125
    Title pre - 5
    Doc pre. - 294.75

Total. 32,831

4.6% for 63 months on financing. I think it's a bit high.

I also bought 7yr/75k, 2 extra services care, and starter for 2,200. After I got home i checked out this site and saw some people posted that they got 8yr/100k for 1038 and 366 for 2 extra services care. Therefore i called the financed guy back to cancel them all and just want the car alone.

Is it possible for me to get these extra things from other dealers?

Thanks
  • Options
    ldkronosldkronos Member Posts: 35
    I wanted to ask about other people's experiences, because I know a few people here have bought their sienna out of state.

I live in Michigan and recently purchased a 2011 Sienna from an Illinois dealer. I was issued a temporary 30 day illinois permit, but not a title. I am supposed to get the title myself from the MI Secretary of State. I tried getting a title yesterday, but they said I need a Certificate of Origin (CoO). I contacted the dealer F&I guy, and he made it sound like I will get the CoO from the Illinois DMV (though the way he answered didn't leave me totally confident he knew the correct answer). However, in my google searches, it sounds like the CoO should come from the dealer.

So for anyone else who has purchased out of state and had to apply for the title on your own, where did you get your CoO from? Did the dealer hand it to you at closing? Did they mail it to you? Did the state DMV/SoS mail it to you? How long did it take?
  • Options
    s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    I purchased out of state also. Bought in MD and live in NJ. The dealership should mail all the necessary documents to you - it took about 2 weeks and 1 phone call to the dealership in my case. I bought the car outright with no financing. I don't know how it works if the car was financed. The dealership knew exactly what I needed when I called them. My temp plate was good for 60 days so I had plenty of time. Once I received the packet from the dealership I took all the documents to my local DMV and paid the registration and taxes to get my plates/title and registration. Call the dealer again. They should know what documents you need to have the car registered and title in your state.
  • Options
    pillowheadpillowhead Member Posts: 5
    Stevens Creek toyota in San Jose, FS in the internet department
  • Options
    Update: I recieved my certificate of origin yesterday from the dealer via fedex overnight.
  • Options
    indianriderindianrider Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    Can you tell me which dealer you bought it from? I am in the chicagoland area too. If you can recommend the dealership, that would be great. Thanks.
  • Options
    That would be Grossinger Toyota Lincolnwood. I would not advise any other Grossinger dealer...
  • Options
    I'm not the person you replied to, but look into Libertyville Toyota (about 30 miles north of downtown Chicago). They participate with the Zag.com auto buying program (offered through AAA, American Express, and a host of other organizations). I was able to get the following:

2011 Sienna LE
    Towing Prep
    Anti-theft
    Floor mats
    Cargo organizer
    Remote start (toyota, not aftermarket)

MSRP $31,442
    Invoice $29,047
    Paid $27,268 + $154 doc fee + TTL

It was a really great experience. They handled the sale incredibly well, and were honest and helpful. I traveled all the way from Detroit to buy from them...8 hour trip between the 2 trains and the wait time at Union Station. They even picked me up from the Libertyville train station. Augusto was my salesman and I was very happy with him (along with Joe, the sales manager).

P.S. I haven't even had my Sienna 2 weeks and some idiot already hit it tonight while it was parked, busting up the mirror and leaving some major scrape on the front fender (there's also a line down the entire side front to back, though I think that will buff out) :-(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the jerk who vandalized your car.

My 2011 LE was 26432 (after 1000 rebate and 500 twitter cash) plus doc and TTL, though I didn't get the cargo organizer or the remote start. My big thing is I saved another 2k on taxes through my trade-in.

Starting to wish we got the XLE instead. 3k extra and with the little ones we could sure use the leather and auto tailgate. The moonroof would just be fun though.
  • Options
    I got the twitter cash too, but didn't bother mentioning it since it doesn't really apply to everyone unless they already signed up for it. If I count that $500, and remove the cargo organizer and remote start to make it equivalent, then I paid $26,284, so it was a tad cheaper than yours.

As for the trade-in tax discount, unfortunately for me, that discount doesn't go by what state you buy it in, but by what state you live in. Michigan doesn't give a tax discount against the trade in value, so doing a trade in wouldn't have saved me anything there, so I'm going to sell my vehicle myself.
  • Options
    Thats a really good deal... I'm guessing you subtracted retail from those accessories as invoice is hard to find but I'm sure its still on par with mine.

I think there's considerable margin in those accessories. The floor mats retail for 289, which I think is ridiculous because they feel cheap... I just replaced them with a rubber winter set from walmart for 40$...
  • Options
    I am not aware of $1000 rebate for Sienna. Can you tell me where you get this $1000 rebate. Is it national wide rebate from Toyota or is it from your dealership? I do know the $500 twitter bonus.
  • Options
    The rebate should be nationwide from Toyota. But it ends in a few days. Enter your zip code here to see if you get it. I checked mine (60616) and I get it for the base and LE trim.

http://www.buyatoyota.com/
  • Options
    azuluazulu Member Posts: 20
    I am in the East Bay and have quotes for a 2011 LE V6 FWD at invoice or even below invoice.

You need to go out to other cities - dublin, walnut creek, vallejo.

Just waiting to see if they budge a bit more.

az
  • Options
    "I'm guessing you subtracted retail from those accessories as invoice is hard to find"

No, the Zag program gives you the invoice on all the options, and the participating dealers agree to sell you all options at invoice. For the remote start, it's $340, and for the cargo organizer its $144.
  • Options
    "The rebate should be nationwide from Toyota"

No, the $1000 rebate is for Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota only. As far as I could tell, there are no rebates on the Sienna anywhere else in the country. That rebate was the reason I traveled from Detroit to Chicago to buy.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip on Zag. Indeed, I am getting some good pricing back from Zag. I will go and check it out in it in the next couple of days.

Sorry to hear about your van damage. Hope it gets ironed out smoothly. Happy New Year.
  • Options
    stanmoorestanmoore Member Posts: 1
    I am picking up my fully loaded Limited with the Premium Package 43240 OTD or 40610 (everything other than Tax)
  • Options
    Yeah, the zag program is nice, in that you get a great deal and there should be no hassle or haggling involved. I say "should", because I did have a problem with one dealer, which I would suggest others stay away from. As someone earlier alluded to, Grossinger City Toyota in downtown Chicago is not a great place to deal with.

They offered me a good deal but then when I tried to place the deposit the offer had changed, and they told me the offer they made me was not including the options I had just told them I wanted. They then said they could honor the pricing but the manager didn't want to install the remote start because of how far I was traveling and they didn't think I'd show. I told them they were going to have my deposit, so if I didn't show they had their money. Then when I talked to the general sales manager the next morning, suddenly they didn't want to do the deal again. Then it turns out they were quoting me the price for an aftermarket remote start (even though the zag quote was for the toyota one). They wanted to charge me $600 for the toyota remote start (it should be $340 through zag) and $200 for the cargo organizer (should be $144). Then they no longer wanted to sell me either the remote start or the cargo organizer. The general sales manager swore up and down that no dealer would install the remote start for the zag price.

I then called up Libertyville Toyota and they were happy to honor the zag pricing exactly. At first when I called they said a higher number but when I said what the price I got through zag was, he went to the sales manager and said they'd do the zag price. I told them I wanted the toyota remote start and not aftermarket. They told me why the felt the aftermarket was better but when I insisted on the Toyota they said no problem. On the initial quote they added a $199 anti-theft program (glass etching of the VIN). I said I didn't want it and they sent me a new quote without it. Everything was easy after that, and in the end I didn't pay a penny more than the zag price.
  • Options
    Also, here's a tip for zag. since it only offers you 3 deals based on what's closest to the zip code you put it, you can find other deals by putting in different zip codes. That's how I found the Libertyville deal. I used the zip code for downtown, then started picking zip codes about 15 miles from downtown in various directions. Libertyville was the best offer from the 5 states that I checked. Their zip code is 60048.
  • Options
    IDKronos - Thanks - I stand corrected. Twice.
  • Options
    That cargo organizer - it fits right in the well right? do you need to take it out to stow the third row?
  • Options
    Thanks again. That is what I did yesterday. I did bunch of different zip codes and Libertyville was the best. About 200-250$ cheaper than the next best one. Thanks a bunch for the advice. So helpful.
  • Options
    iftequariftequar Member Posts: 12
    I bought mine back in 2007, Waukegan Toyota, beat the price from Libertyville by $500, the best way to go by email offers from Libertyville or other then ask Waukegan if they can beat the price.
  • Options
    If anyone has the shareathon 500$ code and not going to use it, Please please please give it to me. Thanks.
  • Options
    I might, but (I believe) one of the stipulations was that the car has to be titled to the same name as the code was registered under...
  • Options
    Yes, the cargo organizer goes into the well, and yes, you need to remove it in order to fold down the rear seats. Not a big deal to me since I won't be folding the seats down often. On Christmas we needed to fold down the right half of the rear seat, so we just pulled that half of the organizer out and set it on top of the left half.

I think they're really nice because it gives you some hidden storage, and the items in there are sort of protected. It's good for things that you'd neither want to stack on top of something, nor stack something on top of. Think food (like maybe a cake, or a dish of beans). And if anything spills, the containers are waterproof (except for the lid, so don't take your food offroading), so it'd be easy to clean up.

Also, a correction to my earlier post: invoice on the remote start is $320, not $340.
  • Options
    That is correct...the purchase name and shareathon certificate name must match. That sucks for cases like this, where you want to share it with someone else instead, but it keeps people from signing up and then selling the cert on ebay. If they could be traded like that, they would have ran out in 60 second each day, rather than being available all day and then 4 days extra.
  • Options
    That sounds nice... what I'm looking for though is something with a hard top so I can stack things on top of it, like having two stories of grocery bags, etc. The bag hooks seem pretty useless because when you hang off them the bags almost lay flat on the the bottom of the well...
  • Options
    So, I am assuming the cargo organizer is worth the price?
  • Options
    kenobi168kenobi168 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Tmani,

I am in the market for an XLE w/ leather, dual screen DVD and Nav package. Is this what you got for $36909 OTD?

Not sure what the premium package you mentioned entailed aside from the mats, cargo organizer and mud flaps mentioned.

Thanks you much in advance!
  • Options
    kenobi168kenobi168 Member Posts: 2
    Mdbadger,

Thank you so much for your mention of Fitzmall and Zag. I am a newbie but feel like I am more experienced now knowing these two websites with which I can do some meaningful comparison shopping. Looking forward toward getting the silver XLE withing the next day or two.

I like to express my appreciation to everybody contributing to this form/thread. It has been a tremendous help to say the least in this treacherous road to getting a brand new car.

Happy Holidays!

Kenobi168 :)