Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sonata Bluetooth Problems

Comments

• Okay. I guess loading them "by voice", would mean having to update periodically.
    Thanks for the insight.
  • rysterryster Posts: 517
    The only time the entries would need to be updated is if someone's number changes.

I loaded mine by voice 4 months ago and they are still there and work perfectly.
  • I need some help
    When I use the bluetooth, it'll dial and answer through my phone instead of the speakers
    how do I get it to answer through the speakers?
  • jangrojangro Posts: 2
    You said you...hit the voice command button and speak the entries into the phonebook. I will say "phonebook", "add entry", by voice, then speak the name and number... Which is the voice command button? I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. I've tried saying "phonebook" when I hit the button on the steering wheel that activates the voice dialing (and other commands), but I don't get anywhere except a help selection. Am I missing something ? Do I have to say "phonebook add entry by voice" all at once ?
  • rysterryster Posts: 517
    The voice command button is the one that has the icon of a person speaking,

I just press that, and say "phonebook". The system should then prompt you from that point for adding entries and how you want to do it (by voice or by phone).

You can also say "help" after pressing the button, and the system can guide you to adding phonebook entries.
  • Can anybody give me a hint as to how I can get my LG429g phone to work with the Bluetooth that came with the car
  • How do I fix this. "System not ready please wait a moment," for all bluetooth functions. What did I do wrong?
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Posts: 116
    In reply to :

You said you...hit the voice command button and speak the entries into the phonebook. I will say "phonebook", "add entry", by voice, then speak the name and number... Which is the voice command button? I have a 2011 Sonata Limited. I've tried saying "phonebook" when I hit the button on the steering wheel that activates the voice dialing (and other commands), but I don't get anywhere except a help selection. Am I missing something ? Do I have to say "phonebook add entry by voice" all at once ?

The Limited with Nav does not have the function to add entries. It only transfers the contacts from your phone. Other Sonata's have a different radio, and they have the ability to store contacts in the car's memory.
  • Did you get your issue resolved? I am experiencing the same issues. I had a blackberry curve with verizon, it was not on the list of compatible phones, so my dealer actually bought me a new blackberry storm2 which is on the list, and it still does not pair every time. HUGE HEADACHES for me too. The dealer did tell me yesterday that there have been over 1500 cases of this problem reported, and Hyundai has a technical team working on the issue.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    we have a sony ericsson W518a thru AT&T (a free phone with the 2 yr. plan) and must say it works excellent with the bluetooth. When we bought our 11 sonata in July the salesperson set it up for us.
  • I purchased the 2011 Sonata limited 2 days ago and am having the same issue with my T-Mobile Blackberry 9700. I tried everything from upgrading the software....trying to pair other phones to the car....I even made a T-mobile empolyee attempt to do it....nothing worked. I am able to pair the phone to my Mercedes ML-350....Im convinced its the bluetooth system and has nothing to do with the phone. If you find a solution let me know....I will do the same.
  • I purchased the 2011 Sonata today, Nov. 12th and there is a tsb (tech. svc. bulletin) that updates the navigation, bluetooth, and two other modules that the salesman installed today. My wife's Blackberry 9700 was recognized immediately and her contacts recognized by the vehicle.
  • THANKS....I will call the dealer tomorrow to see if they know anything about this. The only reason they won't replace my radio, is they gave me a "loaner" to drive to see if it happened in the other car also, and it did. Today, I went to the Verizon store and their service person told me it appeared to possibly be a security issue that Hyundai would have to resolve. I went back to the dealer, and they called tech support who said it was a security issue Verizon would have to resolve. VERY FRUSTRATING!
  • I am having the same issue. Came back home after being away and now getting this message. Were you able to fix??
  • Unfortunately, I was unable to address this issue without replacing the whole unit. From what I was told, the Bluetooth along with the voice activation system froze. The technician did not indicate any definitive reason why the system gave me the, “Please wait, system not ready,” message or what caused the system to completely crash. However, since I had it replaced, and I mean the whole sha-bang, I have had no issues. After researching this online, I found it to be a rare problem. I recommend you contact the dealership and get it looked at. One piece of advice if I may- if the dealership tells you they need to swap the old one with new one, get them to but a priority/urgent request on that part. The parts department called me the day it was supposed to arrive and told me that part is back ordered several months. In fact, once they put a rush on it, I got it the very next day believe or not. Sorry to tell you this chap-take the car back and get it looked at. Don’t make the mistake of fooling with the buttons/fuses/battery/FAQ’S in the book/and any other brilliant idea that comes to mind. Good luck-cheerio….
  • I think I resolved my "pairing failed" issue. I changed a setting on my phone to turn the encryption off. Since I changed this setting, I haven't received the error message at all and it pairs every time. I hope my problem is resolved.
  • I have a Blackberry 8530. It paired and worked for about 30 hours then failed and drives me nuts trying to pair it. So far no luck. Hyundai says it's a Sprint BB issue and has no immediate plans to change (update) the software for BT in the 2011 Sonata. Hyundai web site lists about 25 pages of compatible phones (most of which are a few years old) Newer phones seem to be the issue. Any help available? Sure would love to use the BT. Thanks
  • do you know where i can find this tsb? does this require a trip back to the dealer? thanks for your help.
  • We have a 2011 SE Sonata, our problem is when people call us they have feedback, anyone know how to fix it.
  • Going through this now. Any calls from or to the sonata have issues. Hyundai changed radio with same results. Verizon tried a different phone and it worked, but then yet another phone did not. Condition does not happen with my AT&T phone. Next is trying the verizon on a different car blue tooth system.
  • I am having the same issues. I have a brand new cell phone that won't pair with my blue tooth - I have the 2011 sonata limited. ALL other phones we have tried have worked but not this one ( My cell phone is the Samsung alias 2 w/ verizon) It is very frustrating! I have had the whole radio system replaced twice, and still doesn't work. The sad thing is there is not a way to update this system - or at least no one knows how- so if I keep the car 5 years, the technology changes, there is no way to update to the new technology. Does anyone know if there is a way to update the system as technology changes??? Or where?
  • I turned my phone encryption setting to off and mine has connected and worked perfectly ever since. Neither Verizon or Hyndai could get my phone to connect to this blue tooth system. My phone worked perfectly with my SYNC system in our Ford Edge. So I just started randomly changing settings inside the phone, and when I changed the encryption setting, it worked with the Hyndai Sonata and has worked with no problems for 2 months now.
  • Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you turn off the encryption setting? I want to try this!! IT is extremely frustrating - I can use this same phone in any other vehicle, just not mine and both are brand new!

Thanks! look forward to your reply so I can try it.
  • I have a blackberry storm. On my phone you go to OPTIONS and then SECURITY OPTIONS....in that section there is an Encryption tab, click on that and then disable encryption. I'm not real knowledgable when it comes to technical issues, so I'm not sure what that actually does, but it fixed the issue I had with my bluetooth in my sonata, and I just sorta stumbled into it.... Good Luck, I hope it works for you too,
  • Bummer.... it KIND of worked... not sure what to do now.... I changed the encryption, and I can call out, BUT it won't disconnect, and keeps beeping..... I have to turn off the car and restart to end a call! VERY CRAZY.
  • I would take it back to Hyundai and see if they can get it to work. My phone - Verizon Alias 2 does not work either, and they say it is the phone..... But it is brand new technology - brand new phone.... all of the other cell phones we have work in the car- but they are older. Hyundai swapped out my stereo, but still have the same issue. See if they can help you... I am now worried about any new technology that comes up in the next 5 years! I understand the stereo is NOT updateable..... That isn't a good thing. Other than the issuewith my bluetooth I LOVE my car- just wish they could figure it out.
  • I have a 2011 Sonata Limited and a Samsung Impression. When I first got the car they paired and worked perfectly. Since then it is taking longer and longer for the bluetooth to connect. It takes almost 45 minutes now. I have a long commute and would like for this to connect quicker. The dealer says it's my phone and is not offering any help. I know it's the car because I always get the message "system not ready, please wait" Any suggestions?
  • Sure hope Hyundai will update their software for Bluetooth or GIVE a fix to the many of us who bought the 2011 Sonata because of the Bluetooth and other features we seek. Sure could have bought other (with a longer track record) cars instead. Hyundai has produced a fine car and I trust they will work on solutions to this perplexing (and correctable) problem. I have turned off my encryption on my BB phone..... no change. Any suggestions? Opera
  • sb222sb222 Posts: 6
    I have the same issue with my Sprint Blackberry 8530. Worked initially then lapsed into "pairing failed" non-stop when I turn the radio on. If I delete device "Sonata" from my phone and pair it again it works fine until I shut the car off. Tried turning off encryption on the phone but it didn't help.
  • I have a 2011 Sonata SE Turbo that won't make outgoing calls on a Motorola W755, unless I use the phone pad to make the call. This model is listed as compatible. I can't find any options on the phone or in the manual to start transmitting the phone numbers. Other blue tooth devices worked fine with this phone. Called the dealer 2x to complain or get fixed without a reply. That's poor customer service after stopping in Svc dept for a fix to this issue.
    Consider complaining to the Dept of Consumer Affairs or contacting the Attorney General for your state as they might respond to those government offices. Consider recalls for defective product as advertising never mentioned blue tooth issues prior to purchase & salesmen never mentioned it as an issue. Wish I had checked out out this forum prior to purchase.
    Advise your friends to not buy Hyundai as they are ducking out on this issue. What does that say about other issues that might pop up in the next few years? It sounds like they are reacting to this issue like Toyota did to many of their issues. :lemon:
    Just sign me one disgruntled Turbo owner!