Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• jbossertjbossert Posts: 38
    Just picked up my 2002 Trailblazer last night. fyi. Chevy dealers are receiving pretty good quantities upfront. I was aboe to negotiate invoice price for a loaded LT. I picked it up for $31,900 with a sticker of $35,200. I'm happy with the deal. As far as the ride, it is night and day from my 98 Tahoe. The trailblazer is very smooth and tight. The I6 is absolutely killer. I am thrilled with this vehicle. Now....hopefully it will turn out to be reliable!!!!
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Where do you live? I was told not to expect and Trailblazers for at least another month or two. I know Bravadas have been hitting show rooms, but Envoys/Trailblazers aren't suppose to be out yet.
  • Deal sounds good, please outline equipment. Any additional (Adv, Prep, dest charge, etc.)?
    Bob
  • roderacerroderacer Posts: 311
    Looking to buy a Trailblazer or Envoy. Never owned a GM vehicle, but I have been reading other discussions involving GM and reliability seems to be suspect in many people's opinion. I know things go wrong with autos... but overall how would GM's reliability measure up?? Thanks!
    I have owned 2 GM cars since my Accord and had no major issues. GM trucks are generally very good and these new SUVs are beauties.
  • warrenw48warrenw48 Posts: 21
    Dealerships in St.Petersburg, FL have received TrailBlazers LT. Saw them as I drove by Sunday, February 25th.
    I think I read somewhere that Texas, Florida and California are often the first states to get new GM trucks. Not sure if that's true.

I will pop into my local Chevy dealership tomorrow and see what's happening.
    I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. Here are the details:

Standard: 30,740
    LT preferred equip grp. #2 1,860
    Sunroof 800
    Bose Premium Sound 495
    Running Boards 325
    Locking Diff. 270
    Tires 140
    Stereo Head Unit 100
    O/H Console Travel Note Delete -85
    Destination 600
    Total MSRP = 35,245

I negotiated down to 31,970, plus had them pinstripe it at no charge.

My Dealer (Don McCue Chevrolet in Saint Charles) Il has 35 Trailblazers in stock with 30 more on the way!!

Good Luck.
    Roadracer - I have owned MANY GM vehicles, most recently a 98 Tahoe and 93 convertible Corvette. I have had absolutely fantastic success with all of my vehicles, with the exception of a bearing in a tranny going out on an 85' Vette some years ago. My wife drives a new Lexus GS300 and I have to admit that the build quality far exceeds that of GM. However, if you want a reliable vehicle at at sane price, I vote GM.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    Does anyone know the ETA for the extended version? I hope to buy my new SUV this summer but would wait a little while longer to take a look at the extended Trailblazer/Envoy.
    The sales rep at the Toronto auto show told me late summer for extended versions. May be a little sooner in some areas where needed.
  • roderacerroderacer Posts: 311
    thanks for the input. I am looking into buying a Trailblazer as the Envoy is a bit too pricey for me. I live in the Souther burbs ( Bolingbrook ), but the dealers out here are saying that it will be some time before they get any real inventory. Demos for now, and people are buying those! hopefully I can get a similar deal when I am ready. Maybe I'll check out that dealership this weekend!

Thanks!

Roderacer - *I know it is spelled ROAD, ...long story.*
  • alcjewalcjew Posts: 173
    dindak,
    Sounds great if the ext versions are out this summer. I'm also waiting to buy the ext Envoy, but Motor Trend says that they don't expect to see them until the 2003 models that will come out next year. I'll check with the dealer or send an e-mail to GMC customer service to get any word on this.
  • gam2gam2 Posts: 306
    Drove the first and only Envoy at our local GMC dealer. Just threw me the keys and let me go!
    Nice ride and good power. Transmission shifted poorly, unusual for a GM product. Rear seat kneeroom is ridiculous for a vehicle weighing 4800 lbs! Getting in was rough to as the bottom of
    the door is very narrow. No reclining seatback either. Front seats great, but many smaller vehicles have more back seat room. Price was decent though at 32K for a SLE. I've seen Toyota Highlanders going for 36K in this area. Unfortunately, GM needs a vehicle in the Highlanders size range if they want to be competitive.
    GAM
  • pwash19pwash19 Posts: 14
    Called two GM dealers today asking about taking a TrailBlazers or Envoy for a test ride and they both thought I had missed a gear. I memtioned that others were test driving and even purchasing the 2002s in other parts of the country. Of course the sales person was clueless about details and said they did not expect either Blazer or Envoy before April. How can someone in the midwest have 30 to choose from and little ol us in Southern MD have not-a one?
  • svmansvman Posts: 25
    I can top that. When I called my local Olds dealer about when they'd have the 2002 Bravada in, they said next December! - but to call back in October, just in case. When I told them Oldsmobile has said the Bravadas would be out in the next several weeks, he just said "they can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean it's going to happen." Needless to say, I don't have a lot of confidence in that dealer!
  • babramsbabrams Posts: 8
    can you email me at babrams@centurytel.net I want to ask you about your 2002 Trailblazer. I had a 98 Blazer (3rd One) that got totaled on Sunday. I'm from Louisiana and will drive to St Charles to get one. Please email me so I can contact you. All I've seen so far is the brochure.
    From what I have read there will be no extended version on the Bravada. Who told you 2003?
  • jim4444jim4444 Posts: 124
    If the dealers where I live have 10 TB's, 6 Envoys and 3 Bravadas GM must be in full production.

Anyone hear about the I-6 going into other GM vehicles? I know the 4.3 is headed for the retirement home soon.
    I'm sure they are in full production, but still nothing at the local Chev/Olds dealer here. The service manager said he thought some Bravadas might show up later this week.
    Bill Kay Chevrolet in Downers Grove Illinois has over 100 Trailblazers in stock!! It looks like Illinois was on the top of the list of shipments.
  • dschugdschug Posts: 1
    Debating between the 2, have driven the MDX twice and husband has driven both vehicles. Any opinions on the 2?
  • lyndellwlyndellw Posts: 31
    My local dealer has a Bravada and Envoy. I wanted to order an Envoy with the 3.73 axle,but after driving the Bravada with 3.73,and the Envoy with the 4.10,I changed my mind. There is a lot of difference in accelaration! The 4.10 axle is only available with the Premium Preferred Equipment Group. Since I wanted a black one, my dealer found me one 100 miles away. Due to arrive in about 2 weeks. The best deal I could make was 3% over invoice.
  • jimxojimxo Posts: 423
    Which will give better gas mileage? Which is better for towing? Performance is important, which is better?

Comments PLEASE!
    Buy whatever you like better. The Acura is a nice vehicle and so is the Envoy. Personally I would go Envoy, but both will probably do what you need.
  • lyndellwlyndellw Posts: 31
    The 4.10 axle is the one for towing and quicker at the light if thats your choice. The 3.73 axle will give you a little better MPG, probally 1 to 3 MPG, depending on your driving style. I don't plan on doing any towing, so my preference is better accelaration if I need it. The big disadvantage to the 4.10 axle is the cost to get it. To get it on the SLT 4WD, you have to opt for the high dollar pkg which gives you all options except runningboards and sunroof.
  • Note that the 4.10 axle is a _no charge_ option on an ordered Bravada......
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    I was driving down the highway this afternoon and saw the first 2002 Bravada I've seen here in Delaware. It was at First State Chevy-Olds in Georgetown. I guess it must have arrived during the day because it wasn't there in the morning. In the magazines I thought that they looked kind of goofy but in fact they're not that bad. The one I saw was a very deep blue color and I think it had the gold emblems option. I currently drive a five month old 2000 Chrysler 300M that at a little over 5,000 miles rattles and creaks all over. Previously I had a 97 Grand Voyager and before that I only ever had GM cars. All of them were trouble-free. Two different Chrysler dealers and three visits later no one can find a problem in my hunk of good-looking metal. I've seen, read, and heard good things about the new GM utes. Maybe I should test drive one sometime.

I probably would be more interested in the Trailblazer or Envoy but what kind of deals has anyone been finding on any of the three? Is there any good discounts on the Bravada yet because of Old's death? What's the build quality like? I really can't stand constant rattles, creaks, and misfitting pieces.
  • There is an earlier post of someone buying a Envoy (I think) at 3 % over invoice. I think that is a great deal this early in the model run. Saw the CM and Chevvy models at AC auto show. Envoy was touchy-feel, couldn't get in TB. Quality looks excellent IMO. I tried to compare apples etc. to Explorer and I think the GIs are a little (under 1K) pricker but you have a lot more under the hood.
    The models at the auto show looked solid. My past two GM cars have been rattle free. If you like the Trailblazer, go for it. Chrysler is one of the few makes I will probably never buy again.