Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Cadillac ATS

Comments

• bmb1767bmb1767 Posts: 63
    Good gosh. Don't you have something else to do instead of continually adding new entries. We understood you are unhappy. You have gotten your message across included with your shouting (caps is shouting on the internet, by the way.). Please stop your continual postings.
  • Took delivery of turbo ATS in mid February. I've had them all:
    BMW, Lexus, Volvo, Infinity, Audi, Lincoln MKZ, and Cadillac CTS.
    The ATS has driving characteristics which are equal to, or superior
    to any of the above. It is powerful and agile and responds instantly
    to the slightest throttle input. It stops on a dime and is truly a thrill to drive. I offer and encourage my friends to take a test drive in my car, so that they can experience a luxury performance car.
    There are, however, two negatives:
    [ As reported in a previous post ] The touch screen is a nightmare.
    My attempts to control/change the audio or climate controls result in better than a 50% failure rate. A test of your patience.
    Knobs and buttons would be a 1000% improvement
    Gas mileage is terrible!!!!!! 17.5mpg combined!!!!!!!!
    I welcome your comments
  • kd1007kd1007 Posts: 23
    Knobs and buttons would be a 1000% improvement
    Gas mileage is terrible!!!!!! 17.5mpg combined!!!!!!!!
    I welcome your comments
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL OFFER $$$ TO TURBO OWNERS BEFORE THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUIT ON MPG

ANOTHER CUSTOMER THAT CONFIRMS THE HUGE MPG PROBLEM AND THE SAME WITH TOUCH SCREEN

QUESTION : HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE QUALITY OF RADIO IS ALSO BELOW NORMAL STANDARDS ?

THANKS
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,290
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE. . .

Well, that's good to know, because nobody else is. I've never seen fewer posts made on a board related to a new, highly-regarded sports sedan. Either Edmunds has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel or no one on the planet is interested in the ATS.

Back when the Lincoln LS first came out in 1999 there were 34 posts in half a day, and when the CTS was introduced things were pretty lively as well.

Either way, the ATS is getting mixed reviews here, to put the best spin on it.
  • My radio performance is fine. This, however, is of little solace
    when I am forced to stop at every gas station to refuel.
    16.5 MPG OM MY ATS TURBO IS LESS THAN I GOT ON 7 YEAR OLD CTS WITH 6 CYL 3.6 VS 4 ATS CYL AND CTS HEAVIER CAR

WHAT THE HECK HAS GM DONE WITH THE TURBO THAT MADE IT SOO BAD ON MPG? AND HOW DID THEY GET THIS BY THE EPA RATINGS SYSTEM ?
    SOO MANY DRIVERS OF HUYNDAI REPORTED POOR MPG TO THE EPA THEY OPENED AN INVESTIGATON AND MANY HYUNDAI OWNERS ARE GETTING PREPAID GAS CARDS TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REAL AND FALSE MPG NUMBERS

HERE IS WHERE TO REPORT POOR MPG ON ATS TURBO

fueleconomy@ornl.gov
  • Please go away. We get it: You hate your car. Stop clogging up this forum with your whining.
  • 5539655396 Posts: 529
    Seems like valid info to me. I wouldn't be happy either if I spent that much on a car and it wasn't as represented. Owners with this kind of lousy MPG certainly have a right to [non-permissible content removed] and he has provided something new. Why give Cadillac a pass? Certainly their testing told them this before they released it to an unknowing public. Pony up a fix, Cad, or pony up $$$. Class actions aren't cheap and only the lawyers win.
    YOUR AN IDIOT YOU CANT EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO BUY THE CAR BY YOURSELF LOL WARTHOG GOOD NAME!
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    Maybe, but at least I know how to spell "you're". Even an idiot knows that. BTW, your (see the difference) comment makes no sense.
  • Who's giving Cadillac a "pass"? Also, what makes any of this stuff "valid info"? Just sounds like sour grapes to me. Here are some facts for you: Everyone drives differently; mileage can vary widely. Altitude and atmospheric conditions can affect mileage. Most cars don't deliver their best mileage figures until after a break-in period of about 5-7,000 miles. If, however, these 2.0 turbos fail to approach their estimated mileage figures, Cadillac DOES need to do something. I would never deny that.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,317
    edited April 2013
    My sister has a Camaro. While she says she's looking for something to supplement her car for bad weather use, I think she's looking fr something to replace it.

She's looked at Accords, Acuras, Infinitis, and today an ATS.

I'm helping her. I hate Cadillacs. Buy, the ATS 4 cyl turbo is impressive....well built....good performer....comfy....handles well.

It should be on the short list for anyone looking at an A4 or 328i. Incentives are good right now, too.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,290
    it sounds like verifying actual gas mileage wouldn't be a bad plan.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,317
    Cdn....MPG has so many variables. I've never been able to replicate the EPA estimates, on any car. So, I understand those numbers are a guideline, but not gospel.
  • blackillacblackillac Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I purchased the 2.0 Turbo 5 months ago. I really like it a lot. Handles great and 3 USBs along with Pandora and the CUE system are amazing features.
    I am not happy about the MPGs. I have been tracking my gas mileage and it's getting a bit better at 3500 miles but at first, I only got 17-18 mpg.
    My biggest complaint is when I drove my car the first night, I realized I didn't have Vertical LED Headlamps.
    Every AD and commercial showcased this amazing styling design that was a part of the reason I got the car.
    I learned the Vertical LED Headlamps are only available on certain trims BUT you wouldn't know that from any extensive research on their website or the "Compare trims side by side" webpage.
    After many calls to GM and Customer Service Chats, I was informed that they are buried in a part of a feature called "High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps" even though they are not mechanically part of the HID headlamps. Unfortunately, they are only standard on the two most expensive trims.
    BIG bummer. Even the dealer had no idea when I brought up my concern. They did offer to install some for me for $550 dollars.
    That with the low MPGs is just false advertising.
    I still recommend the car because it's amazing. Just make sure you go over these features with a fine toothed comb so you get home with all the features you want.
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Posts: 111
    Very informative post. I really like the looks of the ATS and considered it when I was new car shopping in the Fall, but it would have blown up the budget optioned the way I wanted it. I "settled" on a Volvo S60 T5. Very happy and the highway MPH is consistently over 30. It also has the feature of the headlights turning as you turn the wheel, which helps on poorly lit roads. Anyway, the ATS is a great looking car with a lot of nice features. Enjoy.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE. . .

Well, that's good to know, because nobody else is. I've never seen fewer posts made on a board related to a new, highly-regarded sports sedan. Either Edmunds has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel or no one on the planet is interested in the ATS.

Back when the Lincoln LS first came out in 1999 there were 34 posts in half a day, and when the CTS was introduced things were pretty lively as well.

Either way, the ATS is getting mixed reviews here, to put the best spin on it.

90 days after that comment, and so few postings... Seems a bit strange for a strongly hyped and advertised new model.

I wonder why so few comments, both positive and negative....
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    Have had my ATS 2.0T for about 5 months now, and feel i've made a good choice so
    far.

Positives:
    Good looks
    Great handling and power
    Good comfort
    Very cheap lease
    Good Cadillac service

Negatives:
    Don't like Cue, would rather have buttons and switches for all controls.
    Fair gas mileage
    Crappy Bose sound
    Very small trunk

I know a lot of these things are subjective, but these are just my observations. Hope this helps someone. :shades:
  • newatsnewats Posts: 2
    Love this car. Have less than 700 miles on it. Combined city and highway has gone from 16 to 20. I do hope that with more miles I get more gas mileage. For me it is not a deal breaker.

I LOVE the handling, appearance and comfort. CUE and I get along just fine. Not experiencing any Turbo lag. Car has been responsive.

It took several trips to two different dealers to find this car. One dealerships had only non-turbo models without Nav systems. Two trips to my local dealer and I found this car. It is loaded with all the tech stuff I wanted, the lane departure, blind spot detection, HUD. I did settle on the available color, but now like it very much.
    MY ATS TURBO HAS 1500 MILES MPG STILL POOR COMBINED WAY UNDER ADVERTISED

CAR IS NOT NEARLY AS FAST AS REPORTED

AND THERE IS TURBO LAG

POOR RADIO RECEPTION DEALER CANT SEEM TO FIX

I HEAR THEY ARE GOING TO PUT KNOBS BACK IN FOR CONTROLS AS MANY HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT TOUCH SCREEN WHICH DOES NOT WORK WELL AND LOOKS LIKE A MESS WITH FINGERPRINTS

HANDLING IS VERY NICE AND LOOKS ARE GREAT

NEED PASS THRU ON TRUNK OR FOLD DOWN SEATS TRUNK IS VERY SMALL
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,134
    Hello NewATS,

Congrats!! I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your new wheels and have such nice things to say about it. :) Many happy miles to you!

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service
  • atsor3atsor3 Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Hi Marlea, glad to see GM presence here.

Back in February I received a GM Card rebate top off and some private offer at the same time. I wasn't ready to get a new car that time.

Now I am in the market, are there similar offers available? If so how to qualify for them? Also currently drive a 3 series, is there any conquest rebate?

The new 3 series is a step back in driving dynamics, and the ATS seems to be able to fill that void after back to back test drives.

Thank you.
    Hello atsor3,

I apologize for the delayed response. I am assisting Marlea here on the forum. Our current offers for the 2013 Cadillac ATS include 0% APR for 60 months for qualified buyers. Visit your local dealer for details.

Thank you for considering Cadillac! If there is anything else you have questions about please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • biggiegbiggieg Posts: 1
    I've had my ATS (V6/Performance package) for two months and have driven a little over 3000m miles (mostly highway).

I regularly commute and it used to be the worst part of my day, it is now the best. This car is so much fun to drive that I now look forward to the commute.

I test drove every major competitor and preferred the ride of the ATS and the North American edge to the appearance and styling. The price just made the decision even easier.

To this point, the quality of the car has met my expectations and there has been no issues requiring repair..

Im not sure what gas mileage I am getting, and I don't care; this car is too much fun to drive to be concernced about gas mileage. If gas mileage was my primary concern I would have bought a Prius. :)
    ATS V6 4,

It is great to hear you are enjoying your vehicle. Thank you for the great feedback.

Erica Tiffany
    GM Customer Care
  • I JUST got my ats 2.0L AWD and I have to say the mileage is abysmal. I got it because it posted a 30 mpg highway. The day after I got it Filled up on premium, and drove to see my niece go off to college. From Cleveland to Ida Michigan, all highway driving (Literally I drove straight to and from my brothers house 99% on 80 turnpike). I made it home with 3 gallons left. 302 miles. 13 gallons used. 23 MPG highway?? If I wanted to do that I would have gotten a Camaro SS....ugh.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,904
    As with any car, it'll take about 10K miles before you will see close to the EPA numbers. Give it some time.

BTW, keep in mind the the EPA number is just an estimate and that real world will probably be less.
  • Way too much complaining about gas mileage in this car. I just bought a G37 Sport, estimates about 19-27. First month, mixed driving, about 19, after a recent trip, mostly highway, about 24. Mileage is slowly improving. I'm surprised anyone buys these cars for the gas mileage.
  • I actually did because it was a blend of power, luxury and mpg..sorry but I don' buy the wait a year to get that 30 mpg...the epa esitmate has to come from testing of the cars they rated correct? I can forgive a few mpg but 20% below the rated figure?? That is false advertising. Keep in mind was literally all highway miles driven - at a constat 75 mph - some 50-60 mph for construction. The day I got my Passat Diesel - the very day I drove the same stretch and got 52 mph 9 over the epa estimate....