Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy S10/GMC S15-Sonoma: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• canufixitcanufixit Posts: 165
    HI,

I posted an earlier message concerning this - so take a look/search. In summary - for about 15 - ~ $19 PER vehicle you can get access to a LOT of the schematics, diagrams, TSB's, recalls, etc., etc. Go to alldata.com and go the the DIY section ...

http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html

Good Luck !!
    Canufixit
  • jake7gjake7g Posts: 4
    try the relays. There are usually two on the firewall for the fuel pump. If the relay is bad the fuel pump will not engage. You msut replace both relays when you replace them. You can see if they are the problem by jumping them. You can take a wire and put it from one pin to another and it should engage the fuel pump. Without seeing your relays I couldn't tell you which pins though.
  • jake7gjake7g Posts: 4
    also trouble shoot the relays. They may be bad and are preventing the fuel pump from engaging.
  • morgan1339morgan1339 Posts: 1
    My 95 S10 2.2 will start nicely and idle rather bad, But when i accelerate it starts running really rough and will not accelerate then it will completely shut down making a roaring sound.I noticed the back fuel injector is leaking gas...Can someone help me with this
    :P
  • stylesstyles Posts: 1
    Youre problem lies most likley in youre computer. 99+ vortecs used VATS wich makes the truck not start without the correct key. Change youre computer to a 96-97 computer and I bet it starts. You can also have the computer reprogrammed but it costs 300$ or more. You can get a cheap computer from a local junkyard for around 100-200.
  • vortecownsvortecowns Posts: 1
    hey, i recently bought an '03 s10 with 5k miles. i go to college in rochester ny, and was wondering how the brakes on the ls 2wd are in the winter. i always assumed the truck had discs in the front and drums in the back, but i'm not sure, i don't have the truck here right now. and if they do have drums, are there any conversions i can buy for the back? how are they in the snow? thx.
  • willi1willi1 Posts: 3
    It runs good at idle for about 10 minutes then reves up high - then dies. Won't start for a couple hours afterward. Code 12 blinks always... reset it and tried again, just blinks 12, nothing else. Sounded like it may be sucking air but can't find a pin hole anywhere. Any other suggestions? Has new wires, plugs, distributer, throttlebody, fuel filter, fuel pickup, oil level is fine, ???? can't figure it out especially with the codes coming back as 12 all the time.

Thanks again!
  • I have a 97 S-10 2.2 and am also having fuel lick from the back fuel injector. I went and got a new injecter and it filled my cylender up with fuel and started licking fuel from the exauste. We pulled it apart and found the new injecter was staying open and sending fuel into the air intake. Do you have any ideas as to what I need to do or what I can do.
  • dburnsdburns Posts: 1
    how do you go about replacing the wiper controller board on my 97 sonoma
  • sniz305sniz305 Posts: 2
    I am trying to replace the the door pins on my driver side door and i dont know how to get the old ones off without cutting them and i dont know how to deal with the spring on the top one i have no clue how to move it or get it off is there a trick to it or something please let me know so i can finally fix the door problem i am having

thanks
  • i have 94 s-10 with the 2.2 i wont to put in a 4.3 im tring to find the correct way to do this. i need mount info,tranny support info ant thing i can get. and if your lookin for a good motor or tranny...e-mail me.
  • goetschgoetsch Posts: 2
    You will need to get a spring compressor for the door hinge spring and then you can pound the pins out the top goes in from the bottom and the bottom goes in from the top
  • goetschgoetsch Posts: 2
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving down the road my wipers slowed down and stopped my radio shut off lights all went off and truck died!!!!!

Alternator was my thought so i pulled it out and it tested out at 14.3 volts when load tested.....The battery is new and i dont know what to do i need this fixed

WHAT CAN I DO?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:
  • sniz305sniz305 Posts: 2
    is it a difficult job to do and where can i find a spring compressor that small that it will be able to get in there to compress the spring?
  • hohohornethohohornet Posts: 1
    new pump new filter truck died on interstate and now im not getting any fuel to the filter? it is a 91 w/ a 2.8 v6 any suggestions?
  • chevydan04chevydan04 Posts: 1
    Hey I just recently purchased a 1998 S10 ZR2 with 54,000 miles on it, The first weekend I owned it I went mudding! This past weekend I went fishing, I took my truck out on the bench, I pushed the button and it blinked but it didn't engage, I have been looking it over and I can not figure out why it wont engage. I know its all electrical, and vaccum and what not. If anyone has had this problem please inform me! I have had nothing but bad luck with this truck.
  • donprolinedonproline Posts: 1
    I have 2003 Sonoma ZR2 Extended Cab with slight grinding from behind dash. Only in low RPM sitting in drive. Did you solve your problem? please email back what the problem was and how to fix it.
    Thanks Don
  • I have a 96 4.3 vortec single cab with around 111,000 miles on it i installed flow master exhaust and good quality sound system, i have been having a serious trouble with my truck not wanting to stay running. i have replace the battery, the whole battery cables, the alternator, fuel filter, gas seemed alil watery so i put iso heet and it ran good for about a week then i started it and after a few minutes it sputters and then dies. ill try it again and it starts in a higher rpm and then sputters again and dies. i try to start it again but nothing. fuel pump is fine i checked the pressure. i cleaned out the manifold and set the throttle to rev higher and i checked all the connections on the driver side under the little box and tightened them down. im at a lost of what to look for, maybe still have the water in fuel issue??? please help i would really appreciate it. :sick: :cry:
  • chevy02chevy02 Posts: 19
    Check out message #647 on page 33. I think that's the same problem . I had that problem too, although I think the dealer fixed it 40000 miles ago and it went away, but it's doing it again occasionally. Perhaps its time for a new valve again...
  • krisckrisc Posts: 1
    Hi my name is kris, I'm having a problem with my electrical system alternater good, battery good, but it die's on me like it's the alternater but it's not. Does anyone have a ideal because it don't hit me back please if you do

thank you
    kris coffey
This discussion has been closed.