Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Please help me compare 2013 Civic with other cars; and get the best price for 2013 Civic in NJ

peter9551peter9551 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2013 in Honda

Hello friends, I want to buy an overall great inexpensive sedan for lowest price, and I am considering 2013 Civic LX, EX-L, 2014 Corolla, some Hyundai/Kia sedan...I'm gravitating more towards 2013 Civic and am not sure if Civic EX-L is worth buy with disc brakes, metal alloy.
Is 2013 Civic LX just decent enough ? I'm targetting for total on the road price of within 18,500$ in Central New Jersey. Is this doable as the 2014 Civic has entered the market..so what price should I ask for and how do I know which dealership offers lowest price?

Comments

• Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

Depends on current drive. I have an Civic LX, coming off a Buick Regal, Civic LX a bit too bare bones and economy. If doing again I would get an Accord LX.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

Don't understand people wanting an inexpensive car, then loading it up with alloys, leather, etc. To each his own.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    takumi_takumi_ Member Posts: 7
    I had a 2008 civic lx from new. It's got the same motor as the 2013 civic. The 2014 lx has a bit more power, stiffer suspension and might cost more money. My 1.8L lx, was a great commuter. I drove it really hard for 5 years, city and highway, and the majority of the service bills were just oil changes and gas. In that time, I replaced the intake and cabin filters, wiper blades and a battery. It had 135,000kms and upon trade in, was down to 20% left on the original brake pads. I agree it needed more features and a bit more power, so I got a 2012 si with navi. Although it takes premium, the difference in fuel consumption is not noticeable considering the engine is a lot bigger. In fact the si has a smaller gas tank, and will go just as far, mileage-wise as my 1.8 lx. The difference was in the monthly payments lol. All in with a starter, my Canadian si was $33,500. My 08 LX, $23,800 (cars are more $ here)