Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
edited January 2014 in Toyota
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Toyota Sienna purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Toyota Sienna, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit 2014 Toyota Sienna Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Toyota Sienna page.
To see all forums discussions about the Toyota Sienna, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota Sienna discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• vam3vam3 Member Posts: 2
    Did any of you buy a new 2014 AWD Sienna Limited in VA. can you please post the price if you have ?
  • pradazpradaz Member Posts: 3
    No I didn't, I'm in MD, plus I'm in search of 2013
    model instead of 2014. I still have the van on hold.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone one negotiate a sienna 2014 awd xle, best price?
  • sean76sean76 Member Posts: 1
    I am at midwest and I got several quotes on 2014 XLE front wheel drive at around 32k plus tax and doc fee. I have not started the negotiation yet. Is this a good price? What is the reasonable price for this model? Anyone recently bought one?
  • jrsmoothjrsmooth Member Posts: 11
    I was in Alexandria Toyota (Jack Taylor Toyota) this weekend for a XLE with Navigation package, I walked out without the car, the offer was $34,850 OTD with 0%, 60 months and $500 bonus cash back for financing through Toyota Financial.

Then today I want to Lustine Toyota, they wanted $34,488 OTD for the same car, with the same 0%, 60 months and $500 bonus cash back for financing through Toyota Financial, I walked out without the car.

I prefer to buy it from Alexandria Toyota (Jack Taylor Toyota) if they have the color, and be at $34,488 price. I will try it again this weekend.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Lustine, ugh...Try Tony at Springfield Toyota; He's the used car manager, but a straight shooter...best $ in NOVA...have found better deals in MD, such as Silver Spring Toyota..the MD fees are less..by like $400..But Tonys prices were by far best in NOVA...
  • porkypine3porkypine3 Member Posts: 1
    Can I get better than above?
    30.993 OLD
  • adamfistadamfist Member Posts: 1
    2014 Sienna XLE FWD
    - Navigation w/Entune (NY)
    Distributor Installed Options (Southeast Toyota Distributors LLC)
    - Rear Bumper Protector (BP3)
    - Cross Bars (CB1)
    - Carpet Mats (PVFC8)
    - ToyoGuard Elite (XT8)
    MSRP: $37657.00
    Internet Price: $33657.00
    Selling Price: $31970.00
    Doc Fee: $599.00
    Taxes (GA TAVT): $2099.17
    Electronic Registration + Tag + Lemon: 70 + 18 + 3
    Total Drive Out: $34759.17

I had a great experience at Atlanta Toyota in Duluth, GA. It only took me 1 round of negotiating over the phone to get to the selling price. I shopped at 2 other dealers who couldn't come close.

Through last week, I had primarily shopped Odysseys but switched to Siennas because of a better perceived quality with the engine and transmission, despite my preference for the Odyssey interior and handling.

Adam
  • amnesiacrickamnesiacrick Member Posts: 4

I am in the market to buy either a 2014 Toyota Sienna LE or XLE. From what I've seen on the forum it looks like these are the best OTD prices with no add ons:

LE - $27,900
    XLE - $30,600

What do other people think of these prices. Has anyone done any better?

• wyang76wyang76 Member Posts: 6

@amnesiacrick said:
    I am in the market to buy either a 2014 Toyota Sienna LE or XLE. From what I've seen on the forum it looks like these are the best OTD prices with no add ons:

LE - $27,900
    XLE - $30,600

What do other people think of these prices. Has anyone done any better?

Where do you see that price for the XLE? Thanks.

• pradppradp Member Posts: 1

Adamfist: Did you get this price (2014 XLE with navigation) with 0% financing or with cash rebate?

• walterjkwalterjk Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

I purchased a 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE on 12/31/13 at Toyota in Brunswick,Ohio. Did most of my research on this site first to negotiate this deal.

2014 Toyota Sienna XLE FWD in Predawn Gray w/ Gray interior

• w/Navigation w/Entune package
    • w/Entertainment package
    • w/Roof Cross Bars
    • w/All Weather Mats

Sales Price: $36622.60

• Doc fee $250.00
    • Tax $2488.90
    • Title $15.00
    • Reg $18.50

-500.00 Rebate (w/0% apr for 60 months)

Final Price: $38895.00

• justme520justme520 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

2014 Sienna SE - Purchased 1/4/14

• $33,860 - MSRP
    • $330 - Carpet Floormats
    • $850 - PowerTilt / Slide Moonroof w/ Sunshade
    • $860 - Delivery Processing & Handling
    • $35,900 -Total MSRP
    • $32,900 - Our Purchase Price
    • Purchased vehicle using USAA/TrueCar. Received 3 quotes but all dealerships state quote is without the options which increase the price when included. A day after making our purchase another dealer offered the same vehicle & options for $32,527. We are happy with the purchase but I regret we did not negotiate as much as we could have.
  • frrrroom_dzfrrrroom_dz Member Posts: 1

My experience with TrueCar was nothing positive, not sure if the dealers are to blame but I went to 3 dealers today with printed TrueCar Certificates and none of them has that car in stock or saw for a long while. They all said that the only 2014 AWD Sienna that is available is $4K more and they will not build anything at the TrueCar price. Disappointing to say the least. Looks like dealers are using TrueCar as bait and switch now and trying to upsell like mad. I hope it is only dealers in my area that are scamming customer using TrueCar platform but just keep it in mind. I am back to trusted Costco Auto Program. Will let you know how it goes.

• duva99duva99 Member Posts: 1

I just got out of door price today for 2014 Sienna LE, $29000; and XLE w/ DVD Entertainment Package, OTD $35,760. I think the XLE is a bit high; what do you guys think of the OTD for LE? Thanks!

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19

@duva99 said:
    I just got out of door price today for 2014 Sienna LE, $29000; and XLE w/ DVD Entertainment Package, OTD $35,760. I think the XLE is a bit high; what do you guys think of the OTD for LE? Thanks!

What state are you in? Well if thats what you got OTD then you got the best in the nation, i would say just go for it, don't need to shop around anymore, both good prices for OTD.

• crazyforcarscrazyforcars Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014

I'm looking to buy a 2014 Sienna Limited Edition FWD in Blizzard Pearl color in Atlanta area. The best OTD I've received is $46,341.89.
    (The sale price before tag, title and title is $42,943.00)

The OTD price includes the following:

1. Limited Premium Package
    2. Limited Convenience Package
    3. Limited Advanced Technology Package

Dealer installed options:
    1. Carpet mat
    2. Clear paint protection Door package
    3. Door cups
    4. Door edge guards (2 front doors)
    5. Digital picture asset program

The tag, title and ad-valorem tax of 6.75% is also included.

This price also includes a $2,000 cash discount. (I have preapproval for 1.29% financing with my credit union).

I see that the out the door price is high. But, I'm unsure how much higher it is. Can somebody please comment? Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,519

@crazyforcars said:
    I'm looking to buy a 2014 Sienna Limited Edition FWD in Blizzard Pearl color in Atlanta area. The best OTD I've received is $46,341.89.
    (The sale price before tag, title and title is $42,943.00)

The OTD price includes the following:

1. Limited Premium Package
    2. Limited Convenience Package
    3. Limited Advanced Technology Package

Dealer installed options:
    1. Carpet mat
    2. Clear paint protection Door package
    3. Door cups
    4. Door edge guards (2 front doors)
    5. Digital picture asset program

The tag, title and ad-valorem tax of 6.75% is also included.

This price also includes a $2,000 cash discount. (I have preapproval for 1.29% financing with my credit union).

I see that the out the door price is high. But, I'm unsure how much higher it is. Can somebody please comment? Thanks!

Using the Edmunds pricing configurator, I get an MSRP of $48,503 for a 2014 Toyota Sienna Limited 2WD with Premium, Convenience and Advanced Tech package, along with the carpet mats and door edge guards. The other options look to be dealer specific. True Market Value in my zip code here in Colorado is $44,097 - not sure what it would be for you in Georgia.

If you are being offered $42,943, that is just over $1000 off the TMV. Invoice is $44,276, so your price is under that, which is not too bad.

Do you have a breakdown of all taxes and fees that takes you from the sale price of $42,943 to the OTD number of $46,341? There might be a bit of wiggle room to negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Hi Michaell, thank you for your response.

I spoke to an another dealer who has agreed for an out the door price of $45,500 for the same vehicle. Working backwards, here is what the breakdown will be:

Title & Registration - $71.00
    Document fee - $399.00
    Ad Valorem Tax (6.75% of sale price) - $2,848.00
    Sale price - $42182.00

This has brought down the sale price by $760.

The TMV for my zipcode is $43,749 and invoice is $44,522

So, the sale price is about $1,560 less than the TMV. Based on the breakdown I gave you, do you see any more wiggle room? Is there any other pitfalls that I've to look out for?

Also, please advise on buying any extended warranty for the car

Thank you again for your help!

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Do you have a breakdown of all taxes and fees that takes you from the sale price of $42,943 to the OTD number of $46,341? There might be a bit of wiggle room to negotiate.

@crazyforcars said:
    Hi Michaell, thank you for your response.

I spoke to an another dealer who has agreed for an out the door price of $45,500 for the same vehicle. Working backwards, here is what the breakdown will be:

Title & Registration - $71.00
    Document fee - $399.00
    Ad Valorem Tax (6.75% of sale price) - $2,848.00
    Sale price - $42182.00

This has brought down the sale price by $760.

The TMV for my zipcode is $43,749 and invoice is $44,522

So, the sale price is about $1,560 less than the TMV. Based on the breakdown I gave you, do you see any more wiggle room? Is there any other pitfalls that I've to look out for?

Also, please advise on buying any extended warranty for the car

Thank you again for your help!

I don't think there is much more you can do - $1500 under TMV is a good price.

So far as an extended warranty, there are many different opinions about it. It's important to note that the price of the warranty is certainly negotiable, and check to make sure that the warranty is offered by Toyota, not a 3rd party.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    So far as an extended warranty, there are many different opinions about it. It's important to note that the price of the warranty is certainly negotiable, and check to make sure that the warranty is offered by Toyota, not a 3rd party.

Thank you for the help and advise Michael! I'll update the forum on my experience after completing the purchase.

• andxandx Member Posts: 3

I just bought a base L model for $23,500 OTD, the van itself is about $21,000, then tax and fees. No haggle. I made an offer of 23,500 and dealer accepted. Not sure if I overpaid, but I am happy with the process. :)

@andx said:
    I just bought a base L model for $23,500 OTD, the van itself is about $21,000, then tax and fees.

No haggle. I made an offer of 23,500 and dealer accepted. Not sure if I overpaid, but I am happy with the process. :)

Congratulations! That's a lotta vehicle for the price of a mid-sized car. Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bywbyw Member Posts: 1

Could you tell me which dealer and in which area?

• beethbeeth Member Posts: 13

@andx said:
    I just bought a base L model for $23,500 OTD, the van itself is about $21,000, then tax and fees. No haggle. I made an offer of 23,500 and dealer accepted. Not sure if I overpaid, but I am happy with the process. :)

Wow, that's a great price, may I ask where(state, dealer) you bought the car from? Thanks!

• andxandx Member Posts: 3

I got it from Atlanta GA area. Nalley toyota. Thanks.

@Michaell@Edmunds said:

I finally completed my purchase this past Friday at Milton Martin Toyota in Gainesville, GA. The final out the door price is $44,927. Effective sale price is $41,645 (MSRP is 48,744).

I had to wait to get the interior color (gray) we loved. The $45,500 that I originally agreed on was for a specific Toyota Sienna which Milton Martin was to trade with another dealer. But, the other dealer refused to trade. So, Milton Martin took 2 weeks and traded at port to get me the interior color I needed. This one didn't have the protection packages (that I didn't need anyway). So, the dealer discounted the actual cost for those packages and arrived at OTD price of $44,927.

Financing is through PenFed @ 1.29%

P.S. I didn't buy the extended warranty (Toyota Platinum) offered to me at $1,600. The sales manager wasn't pushy either.

Overall, excellent buying experience with Milton Martin Toyota. Finalized the price over the phone and email. Walked into the dealership late Friday evening and completed the transaction in less than 2 hours.

Can somebody please recommend where to buy the Toyota platinum extended warranty (and of course the price)?

Congratulations on your purchase! Glad you were patient and waited to get the color you wanted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Congratulations on your purchase! Glad you were patient and waited to get the color you wanted.

Thank you for your help Michaell!

• casanova2casanova2 Member Posts: 40

Hi there,

We've been looking to lease a 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD. We found a dealer that is willing to trade for one. My zip code is 44023.

Its MSRP is $42,503, title & reg $30.25, fees $250, acq cost $650, MF 0.00001, residual $21,887, sale price $39,325. Lease is coming out to $499/mo out the door, $0 down, 12k/yr. Vehicle includes nav, AWD, DVD/entertainment system for the kidlets.

Thoughts on this deal?

• lavenlaven Member Posts: 1

I am looking to buy a Sienna Limited model in the San Diego-Irvine area. The packages I would like to have are limited convenience and limited premium. Does anyone have information on the best price I could get? Many Thanks!

• luvmountainsluvmountains Member Posts: 2

I am looking to buy an LE. The offer price is $26,900 + TTL. Does that seem like a good price? Would like to hear others' experiences.

• oscarthegrouchoscarthegrouch Member Posts: 1

@luvmountains said:
    I am looking to buy an LE. The offer price is $26,900 + TTL. Does that seem like a good price? Would like to hear others' experiences.

Where are you located?
    That seems like a great rate if your are in NE Ohio.
    In Akron/Canton OH - best quote on a LE base is $28k, and 28.5k on a LE with navigation. (+ TTL) An XLE w/ NAV and Blind-spot quote is coming in at $32,219 + TTL. I'm having a tough time deciding between the two (LE vs XLE). Any suggestions?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

@crazyforcars, did you track down your extended warranty yet? I've noticed some posts over on the SUVs boards that Toyota may have shut down the online warranty sellers (like "Jerry").

You should still be able to buy the warranty at a dealer (for a price). The old rule of thumb was that you could buy the warranty anytime before the 3/36 basic warranty runs out, but you should double check that.

(Love to see a pic or two btw - we're shopping to replace our minivan and will likely downside a bit, but you never know).

@Stever@Edmunds, when I shopped around in GA, all the dealers I spoke to were selling the Fidelity Warranty and not the Toyota Financial Services VSA. Even with Fidelity, the lowest quote for 8 years/100K/$0 deductible was about $1,350 (Some said tax extra which would have costed another $100 more). As a matter of fact, I've to ding my rating for Milton Martin Toyota because the finance manager didn't highlight me (when buying the van) that he was offering me a Fidelity extended warranty and not TFS VSA.

I also spoke to Jerry over the phone. He told me that he would sell me TFS VSA for 8 years/100K/$0 deductible for $1,040 provided I would visit his dealership in person. When I traveled to Nashville last week, I called a few dealers in the area and found that Ron Hibbard Toyota in Gallatin, TN would sell the TFS VSA for 8 years/100K/$0 deductible for $1,140+tax. ($1,250 approx). This was the cheapest rate I could find other than what Jerry quoted. So, I drove the extra 20 miles to go to the dealership and bought the warranty. It may not be cheapest rate out there. But, I think I've spent enough time researching and saved some money along the way. In all, it took me about an hour extra during my trip.

P.S. The form I filled at the dealership indicated that it was only an application and that TFS has the right to accept or deny an application for VSA. I'm hoping that TFS would accept my application. :)

• guylikessiennaguylikessienna Member Posts: 3

I'm in MD and bought 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE without Navigation and without DVD for OTD $30,00
    Is this good price for XLE?

@guylikessienna said:
    I'm in MD and bought 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE without Navigation and without DVD for OTD $30,000

Can you break down the selling price, taxes and fees? An out the door number doesn't help as other states have different taxes and fees.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• residentgururesidentguru Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014

I have the following quote in Oklahoma:

2014 XLE Sienna
    Navigation w/Entune
    Dual screen rear DVD.
    Dealer added crap (nitro and tint)
    MSRP 39,929
    Negotiated price down to 32,993 plus
    399 doc fee and
    10 lien entry

33,402 OTD before TT&L

Tried to get them to 32,000 but no dice. Should I bite at 33,402?

2200 Tax and Title
    200 Dealer processing fee out of 30000

• pluto168pluto168 Member Posts: 44

Hi, I just got a quote from a SF Bay area dealer on a 2014 Sienna LE 8 seater at $27627 before tax, title, and license fee. The price includes alarm system (195), roof rack cross bars (110), carpet floor mats/door sill protector (199), destination charge (860), TDA (546). Is it a good deal? What's TDA? Thank you for your attention.

• pluto168pluto168 Member Posts: 44

OK, bought the LE 8 seater for $27,550 before tax, title and license. The options include alarm system (195), roof rack cross bars (110), carpet floor mats/door sill protector (199), and back up sensor (250).

• buya123buya123 Member Posts: 2

I got a OTD quote for a Toyota Sienna LE AWD 2014 in Northern NJ for $30,851, including taxes,DMV etc.

Any ideas if that is a good deal?

Thanks,

• macombmacomb Member Posts: 3
    Hello guyslikesienna would you please give me your dealers name and area you purchased from ??

Hi guylikessienna, do you mean OTD $30,000, or OTD $32,400(30000+2200+200)? Based on the 6% MD sales taxes, I couldn't understand the $2200 tax and title. Thank you!

@guylikessienna said:
    2200 Tax and Title
    200 Dealer processing fee out of 30000

You said "2200 Tax and Title 200 Dealer processing fee out of 30000", so I assume the sale price of the car was no more than $27,600, taxes should be about $1,656(MD 6%), and the title should be less than $300, so how come you were charged "2200 Tax and Title". Was my maths wrong? Thanks!

@guylikessienna said:
    I'm in MD and bought 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE without Navigation and without DVD for OTD $30,00

Here is the details and price breakage
    I have purchased from RH Toyota Owings Mill,MD.
    Car price: 28933 (Sticker price was 33645)
    Total registration charges 2066 (All fees and taxes)

Toyota financeIncentive -1000

OTD price :30000 Toyota 2014 XLE FWD without Navigataion and no accessories included.

• anwar2anwar2 Member Posts: 1

REQUEST OPIONION ON THE PRICE QUOTE FOR SIENNA 2014 AWD LIMITED

Hi ,

I am attempting to buy a 2014 Sienna AWD LIMITED and got the following price quote from the dealer.I think I am overpaying the dealer. Please let me know your opinion.

2014 Limited AWD SIENNA with premimum package + convinience package
    Base Price :44076
    Tax 7% (Pittsburgh) :3200
    Documents :270
    Extended warranty :1900
    (7 year, 100K)

TST paint :799

0% APR TOYOTA FINANCING

OTD PRICE :50351

Thanks you ,
    Anwar

Thanks for the detail, I appreciate it.
    I've never seen a XLE FWD having the sticker price(MSRP) as low as 33645, until I saw your post as well as the RH Toyota website. I saw cars(XLE FWD without any packages) on their website having same specs, but one with MSRP $334,902(stock#A89151), the other with MSRP $34,902(stock#A98032), which is really confusing me. I assume they are all brand-new cars with low mileage on them, right? Thanks again!

@guylikessienna said:
    Here is the details and price breakage
    I have purchased from RH Toyota Owings Mill,MD.
    Car price: 28933 (Sticker price was 33645)
    Total registration charges 2066 (All fees and taxes)

Toyota financeIncentive -1000

OTD price :30000 Toyota 2014 XLE FWD without Navigataion and no accessories included.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

A reporter is looking to interview a car shopper who has found car pricing complicated and/or confusing. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, June 20, 2014 to share your story and opinions with a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jjbanjjban Member Posts: 1

2014 sienna XLE including navi package($1735),proof($150).MSRP$36720.OTD $34000(CA 8%TAX).

good price?