Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Hyundai Sonata page.

To see all forums discussions about the Hyundai Sonata, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Hyundai Sonata discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• butterflyangelbutterflyangel Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning,
    I am looking into Leasing new Hunday Sonata 2014. The offers I currently see on dealers websites says:
    2200 down
    199 monthly for 36 months
    12000 miles a year limit.
    Is there a way I can negotiate a better deal? I am completely new into the world of leasing, so not sure how much wiggle room there is...
    Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
    My first preference would be for Sonata Hybrid but the prices on dealers website are over 3000 down and about 350 monthly...
    Thank you,
    Please, let me know what your research was. I am looking into the same one and am new to leasing so any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
  • jonnycashmanjonnycashman Member Posts: 2
    I ended up getting the 2014 for 225 with first payment as my downpayment. Felt it was a pretty solid deal. Included the popular package. Others?
  • tetovaritetovari Member Posts: 22
    Last night I returned my 2011 turbo se
    with 2 months remaining and 46700 miles. My lease was
    36m 15000 miles a year.
    I got the 2014 Limited Turbo no navigation for
    265 a month 15k miles a year, with $2500 out of pocket.
    Did I get a good deal or nah??
    Thanks
    Good for you! That's awesome. Would you please share what was the APR they gave you and also if the dealer is in Southern California, let me know which one. I would go for it. Thank you.
  • phil_gphil_g Member Posts: 93

I'm looking for the RV and MF for 2014 2.0 limited...anyone PM with details thx in advance

• gadawg77gadawg77 Member Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

Southern FL trying to help my grandfather out. He is looking for a 2013 or 2014 Sonata lease with leather option. Any rates or experiences? Thanks!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221

2014 Sonata GLS 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00074 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• iliastiliast Member Posts: 1

2014 Sonata Limited 2.4 with Tech package. 26500, $750 rebate, 60% residual,m 12K/36m lease, 2200 down, $223/year

• allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81

I am looking for lease info for a 2014 Sonata 2.0 limited, no nav pkg. looking for MF and RV, negotiated price and what you have been paying out there. 12 or 15k /36 mos. Located in NJ
    Thx

36mo, 12K/yr lease

.00099 MF and 60% residual

$750 lease cash

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• psuperman112psuperman112 Member Posts: 2

I'm looking to lease a 2014 Sonata SE with a premium package for 36 months, 15k miles per year, and giving about $2500 down. Any ideas what I should expect the payment to come out to if I get a good deal? Any recommendations on where or who to work with in So Cal? Thanks!

• psuperman112psuperman112 Member Posts: 2

Just to follow up, I ended up leasing a 2014 Sonata SE with premium package for 36 months, 15k miles per year, giving $2500 down (included first payment) and I'm left with 35 payments of $249.00 taxes included. This was after haggling with a few local dealerships online, how'd I do? I'm pretty happy with the deal.

• andantandant Member Posts: 33

Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Sonata GLS + PEP, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

@andant said:
    Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Sonata GLS + PEP, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

.00035 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andantandant Member Posts: 33

Thank you! How do the numbers change for 2014 Sonata Limited (no packages), in NY for 15000 miles per year for 36 months?

@andant said:
    Thank you! How do the numbers change for 2014 Sonata Limited (no packages), in NY for 15000 miles per year for 36 months?

.00069 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81

Question on the above. most 36 month leases are 12K miles each year. What is formula for figuring out addl 3K to get to 15K? Dealers always seem to have some bogus answer and price
    Thx

@allroadanger said:
    Question on the above. most 36 month leases are 12K miles each year. What is formula for figuring out addl 3K to get to 15K? Dealers always seem to have some bogus answer and price
    Thx

15K mi/yr residuals are 2% lower than 12K/yr residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dimitri771dimitri771 Member Posts: 42

Hello, would this be a good offer? Thanks!

Requested Vehicle:2014 Sonata GLS

Additional Options/Accessories:

Includes: 10 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail (MSRP): $ 22.335.
    Your No-Hassle Lease price Price* with no money down: $219 tax in Good through 03/31/2014

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,154

@dimitri771 said:
    Hello, would this be a good offer? Thanks!

Requested Vehicle:2014 Sonata GLS

Additional Options/Accessories:

Includes: 10 Year 100,000 Mile Warranty
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail (MSRP): $ 22.335.
    Your No-Hassle Lease price Price* with no money down: $219 tax in Good through 03/31/2014

Not enough information. Can you provide the selling price, any money down, money factor and residual.

On the surface, it looks good. But the devil is in the details - you might be able to do better.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited March 2014

Thank you for responding..Yes, they would not give me money factor and residual. Is there a way to figure this out for 3 yr/36000miles lease? no money down, and it is for 2014 Sonata with Popular package...$220/mts.............
    From the website: Total MSRP 23160 (21450+900popularpackage+810freight)

@dimitri771 said:
    Thank you for responding..Yes, they would not give me money factor and residual. Is there a way to figure this out for 3 yr/36000miles lease? no money down, and it is for 2014 Sonata with Popular package...$220/mts.............
    From the website: Total MSRP 23160 (21450+900popularpackage+810freight)

.00035 and 60% are the numbers I have from Hyundai Finance for a 36mo/12K miles per year lease.

I still need to know the selling price and the local tax rate to figure out the calculations as to how the dealer got to the $219/mo with taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Hello,

Here are the numbers that they gave me...

Initial cap.cost $20.521.23
    taxes of 7%

Thanks.

@dimitri771 said:
    Hello,

Here are the numbers that they gave me...

Initial cap.cost $20.521.23
    taxes of 7%

Thanks.

When I plug everything in ($23,160 MSRP, $20.521.23 cap cost, 60% residual, .00035 MF for 36 months and 7% sales tax), I get a final payment of $209.81.

They could be bumping the MF slightly to get to the $219/mo payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2014

Thank you very much..So, I suppose it is not a good price after all....They offered me no tag fees (regular 210). So, maybe this is the same as $213/mts..

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

What is the current MF and residual for 2014 GLS and Limited, 36/12k, in NY?

@rbirns1 said:
    What is the current MF and residual for 2014 GLS and Limited, 36/12k, in NY?

GLS - .00035 and 60%

Limited(2.4L) - .00090 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

^ thanks. Is the current $2000 rebate available for leases?

@rbirns1 said:
    ^ thanks. Is the current $2000 rebate available for leases?

No - there is $750 lease cash available for the Sonata.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• atos2012atos2012 Member Posts: 86

Few days ago helped my friend to get lease GLS w/Popular package. White on Camel. 36 month, 12k year, $680 at sign up and $199/month including 8% CA tax. I am getting better and better :smile:

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39
    The numbers for May out yet?

@kazuya_mishima said:
    The numbers for May out yet?

Yes.. which model and trim?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Florida. SE Turbo, automatic.

36 months. 12k per year miles
    48 months. 12k per year miles.

@kazuya_mishima said:
    Florida. SE Turbo, automatic.

36 months. 12k per year miles
    48 months. 12k per year miles.

.00040 MF and 58% for 36 months

.00107 MF and 51% for 48 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

Thank you very much.

Any special incentives/rebates this month?

@kazuya_mishima said:
    Thank you very much.

Any special incentives/rebates this month?

$750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aigochamalohaigochamaloh Member Posts: 121

Thank you in advance for all your valuable info and hard work!

Looking for numbers on a GLS, 3 year lease in CA. $750 lease cash available here as well?

@aigochamaloh said:
    Thank you in advance for all your valuable info and hard work!

Looking for numbers on a GLS, 3 year lease in CA. $750 lease cash available here as well?

.00017 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $750 lease cash on all Sonata models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you very much! Now to decide whether to go for a $60/month lease or a $200/month purchase after trade in.

@aigochamaloh said:
    Thank you very much! Now to decide whether to go for a $60/month lease or a $200/month purchase after trade in.

I would advise against using trade equity as a down payment on a lease. If the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Much better to have the dealership cut you a check for the trade it, and use that money to make your monthly payment.

Or, use the trade in as a down payment on a purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Or, use the trade in as a down payment on a purchase.

Thank you for that advice. We will definitely go the other route then!

Also, for purchasing, are there any other incentives right now? $2000 retail cash not combinable with their 0% APR?

A dealer's email said there was graduate $400 cash, $500 competitive cash, but Hyundai's website has no comment on these. Are they available and stackable?

@aigochamaloh said:
    Also, for purchasing, are there any other incentives right now? $2000 retail cash not combinable with their 0% APR?

A dealer's email said there was graduate $400 cash, $500 competitive cash, but Hyundai's website has no comment on these. Are they available and stackable?

0% up to 60 months with $500 cash

0% for 61-72 months with no cash

0.9% to 3.9% with $2000 cash

$500 matching down payment program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So, if someone has already been good enough to do the math: are you better off with 0% and $500 cash, or 0.9% and $2000 cash?

@rbirns1 said:
    So, if someone has already been good enough to do the math: are you better off with 0% and $500 cash, or 0.9% and $2000 cash?

You'll be about $1000 ahead with the 0.9% and $2000 cash, over a 60 month period. Plus, if you sell the car before the loan term is up, you'll be even farther ahead... Starting with $1500 less principal is a big bonus.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@rbirns1 said:
    @kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    You'll be about $1000 ahead with the 0.9% and $2000 cash, over a 60 month period. Plus, if you sell the car before the loan term is up, you'll be even farther ahead... Starting with $1500 less principal is a big bonus.

Great! I was about to go do the math myself. I'm so thankful for this section of Edmunds, what a great website. The 0.9% is what I'll aim for this weekend.

Well, specifically I better do the 0.9% and put $500 down so they match $500.

Does Hyundai offer delivery at their Alabama factory? Any cost savings?

@rbirns1 said:
    Does Hyundai offer delivery at their Alabama factory? Any cost savings?

I've not heard of anything like that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.