Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service traction Control & Engine Power Reduced. Chevy Impala.

jljeglajljegla Posts: 1
edited June 13 in Chevrolet

Sounds like a lot of people are getting this same message for their Chevy Impalas. Today, I got the same thing. I have an '08 Chevy Impala with less than 50,000 miles on it. I'm not happy. I hoping that my regular auto repair guy can fix this, because I don't want to have to drive this car an hour away to have a dealership work on it and charge way more money.

I'm thinking that with something like this, that they would recall the dang cars!!

Comments

• cgittmancgittman Posts: 2
    Agree with you. I'm having the same issues with my 2007 impala.
  • 2012_impala2012_impala Posts: 1
    edited June 12
    Today is the fourth time Since march I am having my 2012 impala (23000 miles) towed for the same problem. Traction control light comes in and then shutting down engine warning comes on. I have had the car in my possession less than 72 hours since march. They first changed the ECM, had back a day towed again, did some other work, had it back 12 hours towed again. This time they changed the lower half of the engine saying it was getting low compression. Towed again, this time they put a brand new crate engine in. Got it back yesterday, went to start it up, that's write, traction control light and shutting engine down again. Sitting here waiting for the wrecker as I type this. Seems to be an issue ???
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,139
    edited June 13

Hello 2012_impala,

I'm sorry to hear of your repeat concerns! I can certainly understand how discouraging this can be. If any assistance is needed on our end, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You may send an email to socialmedia@gm.com.

Andraya GM Customer Care

• Engine reduce power code is dangerous and puts innocent peoples lives in jeopardy. 

I will start throwing parts at my 2008 Chevy Impala. * I just drive it locally because it is not road worthy* 

TAKE IT TO THE DEALER IS ALL THE ADVISE YOU GIVE PEOPLE? 

The dealers are over priced! Example; aftermarket  throttle body $134.00 / throttle petal sensor $77.00 = $211.00

With that being said .5 is the actual time to replace both parts @ $80 shop rate the bill should be $251.00  HOW DOES GM JUSTIFY A $800.00 BILL AS POSTED ON THIS FORUM?

HELL IF GM DOESN'T SELL A AUTOMOBILE IN 2015 THEY WILL STILL SHOW RECORD PROFITS JUST BECAUSE OF OVER PRICED  SERVICE DEPARTMENTS! !!