Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Purchase Price Help, please - '15 Audi A7

SpacerMSpacerM Member Posts: 6
edited December 2014 in Audi
originally posted this to the wrong forum, so reposting here:

Looking to take advantage of the year and and will pull the trigger if I am getting the best deal I can:

A7 Premium Plus- $65,900
Paint- $550
19" sport- $750
Bose- $850
cold- $500
Destination- $925

MSRP- $69,475.

Dealer is offering $62,745, plus another $2K in loyalty as my wife leases a Q5.

I countered by asking they throw in Audicare, but they are saying no.

Agree to the above or play it cool and say I'll come back to him when things calm down after the holidays?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    I'll zap the other discussion so you won't have to try to track responses in both places.
    TMV before the loyalty incentive is $67,859, so call it $65,859 as the "average" price to beat.

You're doing fine on that score - invoice with destination is $64,679 so your $2,000 below that.

I don't know if you can do any better than $2k below invoice plus another $2k loyalty, but it's the busiest time of the year. You could let the dealer stew, but I think your best deal is before the end of the year (assuming the dealer would like to add to their quota, and assuming Audi's year end in 12/31).

Oh, typical mark-up on service agreements and extended warranties is 100%, so if you want AudiCare, maybe offer to split the price.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    SpacerM said:

originally posted this to the wrong forum, so reposting here:

Looking to take advantage of the year and and will pull the trigger if I am getting the best deal I can:

A7 Premium Plus- $65,900
    Paint- $550
    19" sport- $750
    Bose- $850
    cold- $500
    Destination- $925

MSRP- $69,475.

Dealer is offering $62,745, plus another $2K in loyalty as my wife leases a Q5.

I countered by asking they throw in Audicare, but they are saying no.

Agree to the above or play it cool and say I'll come back to him when things calm down after the holidays?

Adding AudiCare adds 1% to the residual if leasing ... usually pays for itself given the cost of Audi service.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    justwerkkjustwerkk Member Posts: 3
    Hey SpacerM, what dealership did you go to? I'm in Northern California looking for a new SQ5 and the dealer offered me a few hundred off invoice. You deal sounds much better than mine so if it's anywhere in california I'd be interested in buying from there.