Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    03accordman03accordman Member Posts: 671
    Latest Autoweek has the new 3 coupe; article mentions a 328 version with 230hp/200lb torque. Does this mean that for 2007 the sedan versions will also be 328 (basically dropping the 325)? I am finalizing a 325i sedan; would hate to buy now and realize after a couple of months that I oculd have got a more powerful car for the same price. Does anyone have any info on the 2007s?

I also posted this in the sedans thread, any info would be helpful
  • Options
    ryan18ryan18 Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote from a dealer for $32,483 (final price) for a BMW 325i Sedan with silver exterior, beige leather interior and automatic transmission. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    dkysdkys Member Posts: 1
    It's a great deal! I think you had it under invoice. By the way, which state are you in ? Are you sure you have the optional leather not leatherette?
  • Options
    bronxbornbronxborn Member Posts: 7
    It is in NYC. Are you in the area?
  • Options
    teodulogteodulog Member Posts: 5
    If you got the exact same car I got with the exact same deal you would have to give $3,000 dollars down. The residual would change from 62 to 64%. The payment would be $467.96 wich would include 8.25% sales tax. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    The original deal was about $100 more over invoice, but came down after one email. The negotiation was with the acquisition fee. He originally wanted $825 but finally settled on $625. All in all I didn’t need to haggle more than about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393
    I just negotiated the following for a friend on an '06 330xi..

Options:
    Jet Black
    Beige Leather
    Steptronic Auto
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation
    Satellite Radio

MSRP: 46115
    Sale Price: 43,800

Lease Terms: 585/month (including 6% tax), 0 Down, 27 Months, 12k miles/year, Lease Fees and Tags due at inception (plus a security deposit due to being a new BMW Lessee)
    Money Factor: .00225
    Residual: 73%

This is in the philly area...how'd I make out for him? I had other dealers in the area telling me to take this deal at the other dealer, so I figured I couldn't do any better. They are also going to handle the return of his current Saab lease which is up this month (including footing the bill to inspect that car and have it detailed before turning it in). The dealer didn't have the car in stock, but it is on the current boat into the east coast, so it'll be in stock in the next week and a half or so.

Thanks,
    Alex
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    tendrestendres Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, was on vacation, looks like BMW was sponsoring the 2.9%. When I went back to get another $500 out of the deal, the salesperson offered me 1.9% instead of 2.9%, which was alot richer than $500. Needless to say, I didn't put anything down. Dealership is International Autos in Milwaukee, WI, got the same 2.9% offer from Concours, also in Milwaukee.

Picked it up last week, very happy with it.

I gave alot of thought to waiting for the new style, but it'd be at least 1-yr and then I would pay through the nose with no financing incentive as strong as this. Plus, I have a fear of getting the 1st model year of a new style, usually very buggy. With my lead foot, the extra power would just mean more speeding tickets. Dated or not, the car looks great and I'll enjoy it for 3 or 4 years.
  • Options
    laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    It totally helps, I am so tired of dealing with internet sales associates who wont give me any answers. I am in Orange County, CA and there are only a select amount of dealers selling the 330 for less than 1k over invoice.

I want to take a "example deal" like yours in with me and say "That's what I want"

Thanks again.
  • Options
    It looks like the car I want has to be special ordered.

Does anyone have any input to this process? Anything I should be aware of?
    Here's what I want by the way.
    Monaco Blue
    Beige Interior
    Aluminim Trim
    Sport/Premium/Comfort/Nav

This forum rocks!!
  • Options
    JingleJillJingleJill Member Posts: 120
    The process is EASY... However, if you are looking to still get an '06 you might be out of luck. Oh wait, that is if you want the coupe. (nevermind).

I've ordered BMW's before and you just have to make sure they order what you want. Get printouts, make them give you a production number, etc... Just keep in touch with your salesman... You'll then be able to track it through production, shipping, delivery, etc...

Stacy
  • Options
    Great,
    Thank you very much, now I just need to find the dealer I want to use.

By the way, I'm looking at about 6 weeks right?
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Yeah 6 - 8 weeks.

Another suggestion - just did this in April - European Delivery. You get the car you want, you get a fun vacation playing in europe with your car (if you're lucky the French police will pull you over, go through your car and insist you're a drug dealer too!) and you save thousands and thousands.

In 08 I plan to repeat my ED trip for another Bimmer. It's that much fun.
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Tell us more about buying in Europe, sounds like the way to go. How would one go about this?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Everything you ever wanted to know about European Delivery of a new BMW...

BMW: European Delivery

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nivki89nivki89 Member Posts: 15
    HOST, if this link unapropriate - please delete my post.
    This is link to BMW web site - European Delivery program

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/europeandelivery/
  • Options
    laurenxesqlaurenxesq Member Posts: 9
    Simply a horrible experience at Shelly BMW in CA. Leased an 06 330 on 04/18/2006. After purchasing 6 vaiours BMW from Shelly; 2001 325, 2003 330xi, 2004 325 stationwagon, 2004 X3, 2005 X5 and recently 2006 330. After proven various defects to the tech at Shelly BMW this afternoon on the 06 330, dealer kept the vehicle, did not repair the vehicle, received no paperwork. Dealer's service tech racked up 139 miles on the brand new vehicle, stink up the car with BO & cigarette odor. Suggest that I trade in, and paid penalties & paid more $. Simply horrible!! Never deal with them again!
  • Options
    That link is fine.. Thanks for the information!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Mikie visit the ED boards on Edmunds and Bimmerfest. No offense to the BMW site but it offers very misleading pricing. You can save 4-5k off MSRP doing ED, not the few grand they show on the BMW site.
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but does that mean you have to pay to get to Europe?
    Wouldn't that negate the savings?

It does sound fun though.
  • Options
    Three answers to this.

1. It costs less than 1k to fly to europe and back. On a 330i I saved 5k off sticker. If I had done the 1 day turnaround - fly out on a Sunday, land on a Monday, get the car at 8-9 am, fly home Monday I could have leave and be back in the USA in less than 48 hours. No fun though.

2. That's why you make a vacation of it. If you're gonna take a vacation make it to Europe, pick up the car and have your "rental" car be your real car.

3. When was the last time you got to drive your BMW at its maximum speed? You can do well over 120 in europe without fear of the police - the autobahn, autostrada, french toll roads, etc. I admit I never got much past 140 on the Autobahn but for long stretches in Italy and France I ran 110-130.

The savings are great but the experience is unbelievable.
  • Options
    So you dont have to pay to have it shipped to the US? You just fly across the pond and drive it around then have it shipped back?

I just got a invoice +620.00 deal on a 330. I do have to order it though and this Europe thing is definitely peaking my interest.

Does it take the same time to get it?

Do you still finance through BMWFS?

I hate flying but maybe I will have to get over it.

I love this forum.

By the way, the only way I was able to get a invoice + 620.00 deal was because someone posted the deal they got from a dealership in CA. I called them, told them what I saw on Edmunds and they honored it.
  • Options
    I know I am opening the "can of worms" but......
    Has anyone seen a Monaco Blue/Terra Combination?
  • Options
    v_ladv_lad Member Posts: 27
    I'm not sure but you may need to drive certain ammount of miles on the car. So I'd rather think of it as a nice vacation.
  • Options
    Visit the ED forum and I'll answer all your questions over there.

Shipping price is $695, just like if you bought it here. You can pick it up and drop it off for shipping the same day. BMW FS works with ED too.
  • Options
    soupboysoupboy Member Posts: 15
    Does actually purchasing the vehicle in Europe allow you to buy non-domestic market spec vehicles? Not talking about RHD, but maybe powerplants or tranny options generally not made available for retail in the US?
  • Options
    No. The parts are all US spec and you get what we all get - unfortunately.
  • Options
    andrewky33andrewky33 Member Posts: 4
    I am about to begin negotiations for a new 330ci convertible. What is a realistic amount to expect to pay over invoice, or how much discount off of the MSRP? The car I am considering has a MSRP of 49170. Also, what lease money factor and residual value is assigned to the convertible 330?
  • Options
    adebertiadeberti Member Posts: 11
    I found this car with the following options

325i Manual - Artic Metallic/black - 5K miles - SF BayArea
    Air Conditioning Alloy Wheels Anti-Lock Brakes
    Cruise Control Driver Air Bag Leather Seats
    Passenger Air Bag Power Door Locks Power Mirrors
    Power Seats Power Steering Power Windows
    Side Air Bag Sunroof/Moonroof Tilt Wheel

the car is offered at $29,900....could i go all the way to $28.5K?
    Thanks
  • Options
    getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 44
    Have the money factors and residuals changed for the month of May?
  • Options
    Anyone had the new IPOD adapter installed in a 3 Series BMW Sedan. I'm getting conflicting information that this is not available for the 06 3 series sedan.
  • Options
    Still not available. Supposed ETA is June for the 06 e90s. The 05 e46s can still use the old ipod adapter.
  • Options
    You'll have a harder time dealing on a convertible than on a sedan or coupe..

If it is an '06 model, $2K off MSRP is a decent deal.. that would be about halfway between invoice and MSRP..

.0026 money factor and 58% residual for 3yr/45K..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Was anyone here able to switch from a Dealership Delivery to a Performance Center Delivery AFTER the ordered vehicle has been placed on the ship and was on its way from Europe to South Carolina?
  • Options
    Yes they have change. The changes came mostly in the money factors. They got worse. Check the top few threads in the "Ask A Dealer" section of bimmerfest.com, they have them posted.
  • Options
    needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Anyone seeing a softening of the 325/330 market with the news about the 328/335?
  • Options
    tepmitepmi Member Posts: 1
    :mad: Stay away from these bait and switchers. I've never had such a bad car buying experience in my life. Everything promised was a joke.. We had a lease deal for a 330xi (in writing), which took a month to negotiate. The money they came down ended up being applied to an up front payment.. It's a lease! It's not like I was adding equity. My sales person was suddenly not available for comment, he's been on "vacation" for 2 weeks. The GM, a sleeze. I love the car, believe me, but stay away from these people. I'll be following up with BMW of North America.
  • Options
    dmdesign22dmdesign22 Member Posts: 2
    What is the name of the dealership? I'm looking into buying a 325I titanium silver with

black or gray interior,

premium pkg,

heated seat,

Xenon Adaptive Headlights,

Navigation System,

Satellite radio preparation

confort access.

MSRP:40,120
    Invoice 36,805
    BMW of San Diego 38,000 plus tax, lic fee

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    dmdesign22dmdesign22 Member Posts: 2
    I recently moved to Dallas from San Diego and I'm looking into buying a BMW 325I. I can either buy it in the san diego area in CA ( my company relocate me and will ship the car) or the dallas area. Please I need to know good dealership and prices? Thanks below it what I got..

325I titanium silver with

black or gray interior,

premium pkg,

heated seat,

Xenon Adaptive Headlights,

Navigation System,

Satellite radio preparation

confort access.

MSRP:40,120
    Invoice 36,805
    BMW of San Diego 38,000 plus tax, lic fee

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Might try cunningham - they're having a big sale memorial day weekend.
  • Options
    pattiluvpattiluv Member Posts: 9
    i want to get a 325 or 330 coupe. friends have suggested i use a broker. any experience if this will save me $ over going out and bargaining myself with dealers. i live in the san franscisco bay area. i know exactly what i want but don't want to compromise at all on the final choice and want one asap.

unless....i know the new onces are coming soon. but i don't want to wait unless i think it will save me more than its worth to wait. my car died and i need to buy a new one. each week cost me a rental.

finally... all wheel drive? any opinions? it gets pretty rainy here in the winter. thanks in advance.

thanks in advance. the broker costs about $500. :D
  • Options
    desi1desi1 Member Posts: 40
    I have a few questions in mind before deciding on leasing:

1. Can a dealer refuse to sell the car to me at the end of my 3-year lease, especially when it is in excellent condition with very low miles and the market value is certainly higher than the lease-end purchase price?

2. If I decide to lease a BMW for 3 years and then buy it at the end of the lease with a loan for 4 years, would the total amount out of my pocket be lower or higher than if I were to buy it with a 7-year loan (using the same interest rate/money factor)? Is there another drawback to lease-then-buy option versus buy besides having to make a car payment for 7 years?

3. What is the impact, if there is any, if I lease a car in one state and then move to another during the lease term?

As usual, I sincerely appreciate all the help I have gotten from this forum.

Thank you.
  • Options
    robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    They cant refuse to sell it to you. It is all in the contract-the price for the car at the end of the lease. If it makes sense for you at the end and the deal is right you can buy the car. This applies to any lease not just BMW. At the end of the lease it is you and the finance company. On rare occasions they might offer a little better price or an incentive but that is not common. They might offer some discounted financing after you made 36 months of on time payments to them. Most leasing companies have no problem with you moving. You can call them before the move.

Personally I think 7 years loans on depreciating assets like cars are crazy. You lease a car for the cash flow and usually the concept of not having to trade something in etc after a few years. Usually if you intend to keep the car longer 5-6 years than buying works out. You need to think this out. BMW offers 50K 4 years all mait included.

That means alot because they cost $$$$ to repair.

Rob
  • Options
    rlm75093rlm75093 Member Posts: 5
    Is $36,200 a fair price for a 2004 325Ci convertible with 15,000 miles on it. It has the premium pkg, sport pkg, HK sound, auto, heated seats, iPod hook-up, no apparent dings or chips. Can't remember if it has 17"or 18" rims. Inside is clean, non-smoker. Rear tires are fairly new.
  • Options
    Is the car CPO from a BMW dealer, with the extended warranty?

If not, it is a little high... Nice low-mileage car, though..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    marimcgrathmarimcgrath Member Posts: 2
    Looking at buying 2003 convertible 30K miles CPO for 31325.00 car has leather seats power zenon lights etc. no hardon kardon stereo but most other stuff 4.9%financng...told payments would be around 650.00 for 60 months or a little less..no money down and will take my lease care 2004 toyota sienna xle, which they appraised at a little over my payoff....thoughts??? I live in Fl.
  • Options
    abcheartabcheart Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking about buy this one, what would be the good deal on this and where?, thanks in advance.
    A while back I saw somewhere on internet that you can order BMW direct and they give you a wk or something like to go to Europe to test drive your car before they ship and tour the factory or something in that natural, any PRO in here can help me on this, and again thanks in advance, :).
  • Options
    European Delivery:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef0f82e/1157

2006 330ci are pretty much done. The 07s 335i and 328i have already been announced: http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe/default
  • Options
    xinlitikxinlitik Member Posts: 1
    I'm dealing with a bmw salesman who is family friends with a friend of mine who happened to be with me on the test drive. He said he could give us the bare minimum price...

How much do you think this would be off the MSRP? It's a 325i that would end up at about 40k MSRP.
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Do you know if the ED wholesale and retail prices have come out yet, love the 335I coupe.