Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    arache97arache97 Member Posts: 20
    I am new to this forum and would like some insight. I am shopping for a CPO BMW 3 Class. I want to know which one of the 3 class series is good for weekend use, two people, local travel. My wife and I want to upgrade from a Toyota we own and want to know what is best in terms of perfromance/add-ons, etc. Any input will be appreciated.
  • Options
    nmrtnmrt Member Posts: 56
    Finally my dream materialized. purchased a new 2005 325i (5 miles on the odo :blush: ).

premium package
    auto transmission
    heat seats
    natural brown leather (you have to see it to justfy the leather price. unbelievably beautiful!)
    MSRP: 35520
    price paid: 30500

comments are welcome. I hope this helps someone. the salesperson said that the 2006's were coming in on the 26th of april. so, i guess better deals coudl be had on the 2005's. but there are not that many left...
    BTW the price was made in atlanta, GA at Global Imports.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    You did really well.. Natural brown is my personal favorite.. I like how the carpets are still black... It reminds me of leather furniture...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ebanaebana Member Posts: 4
    I'm back...

We are about to negotiate with BMW.

Here is the deal.

325xi 2005

heated seats
    leather interior

100 or so miles on the car.

We are receiving a 1500 rebate to bring it down to 32225. .

The dealer has stated that an employee hit the car while in the lot. Thay had to replace the hood and paint the from bumper.

Since they disclosed the fender bender. I still think I can get the price down to 30750. Am I dreaming?
  • Options
    yeah, i could not believe that natural brown leather could be so much etter looking than the other leather choices. after some analysis i now feeel that it is the contrast in the car interior that makes it stunning -- carpets black, glovebox balck, handrest black but the door handles all in the natural brown leather...

i gotto say that i am speechless...

i hope to trouble you all in other bmw forums now ;)
    but, yes, this price woudl not have been possible without the help of everyone at this forum.
    thanks edmunds.com for bringing/maintaining this site. thanks you all for making the site exciting.
  • Options
    if the msrp on your car is 33695 (i'm assuming it is a manual and without metallic paint) then i wouuld go no higher than 29K. no way! beleiev me, play the game right and you will get th car at 28.5K.
  • Options
    if1if1 Member Posts: 11
    Can't find one, if anyone knows of any avail- please let me know where?

Thanks
  • Options
    Last Friday (a week ago), I saw one (1) at The BMW Store in Cincinnati... I don't recall options or color... But, it was 325xi...manual shift...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    canongate1canongate1 Member Posts: 13
    I just bought a 330I BLACK /SAND Premium pkg heated seats. msrp 40,370.00
    & goot it for 44,650.00 this was the last black sand in a 330 when checking thru about 3 states. Just thought I would post for others!
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    *** msrp 40,370.00
    & goot it for 44,650.00***

Did you mean, 34,650.00?
  • Options
    nickjcnickjc Member Posts: 37
    Anyone recently purchased a similiarly equipped model and willing to pass along their price? I believe invoice is around $40, 100. 2 dealers have made e-mail offers of $38k; is $36k possible?

Are wheel/tire issues (i.e. damage) prevalent, and has anyone purchased and used the wheel/tire protection plans? Those experiences?

Thanks for input.
  • Options
    derfoderfo Member Posts: 36
    I think you paid to muchhhhhhhhhhhh!! MSRP 40370, paid 44650.
  • Options
    derfoderfo Member Posts: 36
    Had an offer on a 330i, black on black leather, cold, premium, auto,and Xenon lights for $35890.00, in westchester, Pa.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    if1if1 Member Posts: 11
    I checked the online inventory, no 325xi manual- but I'll call them anyway just to be sure. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    Sorry 34,650.
  • Options
    skimoskimo Member Posts: 23
    Hi Kyfdx,

Could you please tell me what is the best I can get for a 36month/12k lease on a 36700 MSRP 325ci? Assuming I am able to take 1500 off MSRP. What monthly will I be looking at?

Thanks
    Skimo
  • Options
    $452/mo.+ tax..

1st pymt, security deposit, title/license upfront..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I just purchased a 330i today msrp 40,370 for 34,650. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Are you using 0.001 MF and 59% residual?? (I also assume you are doing 0 down)

There is another vehicle with 34,100 MSRP, could you also give me monthly on that? Thanks, I just want to see if extra options worth it....

(ps that was fast)
  • Options
    Yes... also adding the $625 acq.fee to the cap cost..

$418/mo.+ tax

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    thanks kyfdx!!
  • Options
    ebanaebana Member Posts: 4
    The MSRP is 35445 - the one thing I forgot to add is the 5 speed automatic transmission.....1st offering price is 32225.

I am guessing from the last post, 30750 would be a good price. Anything hire would not be a good deal.
  • Options
    I've got to make sure this includes all fees, but I just got this offer from an out of state dealer:
    2006 BMW 325i (special order)
    Titanium silver metallic / black leatherette
    Cold weather package
    Aluminum trim (no cost option)
    Performance Center Delivery

MSRP $32470
    Invoice $29790
    Selling price $30850 ($1060 above invoice)... no floormats included

I'm thinking I should ask to have them include the floormats--they'd probably have to ship them to me, I'm not sure how they handle accessories at the PC, or at least try to get them at cost. Take it and run?
  • Options
    elmallocelmalloc Member Posts: 3
    These things are like $90 or something dumb. Even normal floor mats are only like $30!
  • Options
    Got a quote from a dealer in NY for the following:
    Body Style: Sedan
    Mileage: 44,611
    External Color: Steel Blue Metallic
    Interior Color: Sand Leatherette
    Transmission: Automatic
    Price: $25,900
    Installed Options:Cold Weather Package, Automatic Transmission,Dark Wood Trim

Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    Deal doesn't depend on it, but if you don't ask, you don't get! Given that some dealers are not discounting from MSRP on this car, I can purchase the mats at retail if I have to.

The deal above did not include their $100 processing fee and $125 out-of-state tag fee, so we're at:
    $31075 (1285 above invoice)
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    what is an out of state tag fee? every vehicle ive purchased from another State came with a buyers tag and I simply reg the vehicle when it expired in my state.

DL
  • Options
    There is a fee for the temporary tag ($5/10/not sure exactly), but I think we pay $50 or so for a plate in Kentucky. Perhaps that's included? They said something about a third party doing the paperwork. Or, it could be additional dealer profit.

That notwithstanding, I think it's a good deal on an item with somewhat high demand, with or without the petty items like the mats or license plate. Any feedback?

Thanks,
    corvette
  • Options
    oliverxoliverx Member Posts: 14
    Just brought a 2005 325i (white/sand) with automatic transmission for $27,700 include all fees in the NY area. Did I pay too much? It was difficult to find a 325i without all expansive options.
  • Options
    carnagcarnag Member Posts: 42
    Just curious if any one has leased an '06 330. Was wondering what the money factor and residual are for 10,00 mi/yr, 36 mo. Is anybody able to get anything off MSRP?

Also, I just negotiated with a dealer from Levin BMW in Scherville,IN on an '05 530. When it appeared to him I wanted to take some time to evaluate his deal and compare to other dealers he became very upset and confrontational. I would not recommend dealing with him in the future.
  • Options
    Hi Oliverx, in what state did you buy the car?
  • Options
    ***Is anybody able to get anything off MSRP? ***

Yes. About $1300 over invoice. See above.
  • Options
    In NY state. Actually I paid $27,600.
  • Options
    Hi,

Anyone know what the lease rates (MF / residuals) for the new 06 3 series are ( 325i ?)

I skimmed through the forum but only see what people are hearing from dealers...not official numbers.

Thanks
    Skimo
  • Options
    Thanks, thats funny cause I got a quote from Pace BMW in Mamaroneck, NY for a 2002 325xi

Price: $24,500.00
    Body Style: Sedan
    Mileage: 44611
    External Color: Steel Blue Metallic
    Interior color: Sand Leatherette
    Transmission: Automatic
    Installed Options: Cold Weather Package ,Dark Wood Trim

He's killing me.....! What dealer did you go to? Damn, you got a great deal, Man!
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the floormats... something tells me the PDC will have floormats in the car for you, when you pick it up... If not, you are only out $100 more later..

Pretty good deal.... at that price, I might be inclined to add some options..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    3yr/30K

Residual 61%
    MF .00265

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    '06 325i..

3yr/45K

61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    well, 2005 325xi is about $3,000 more than 2005 325i. you could get a new automatic for a little over $30,000 (not include other options).
  • Options
    I'd like the 17" wheels, but don't want the summer tires that come with the sport package... I like the leatherette, don't think I'd like the active steering, Active Cruise isn't worth $2200, etc... Call me a freak, but there's so much goodness built in to the basic model that I don't feel the need for anything else. I could step up to a 330i, but the 325i will have plenty of power with a stick shift, and I don't need anything to get me into more trouble with the law! (I do know the step up to the 330i includes more than just the engine upgrade.)

After I wear out the stock tires, I could get a set of 17" wheels and put summer tires on them, then put snows on the 16's.

I tried to give my business to the dealer closest to my parents' home (not my local one), but they are clowning around asking MSRP + $499 doc fee.

Thanks for the good advice!
  • Options
    Get the sport package... you get the sport seats also.. The package is only $1400 (or so?)... You can always take off the summer tires in December and buy all-seasons then, if you don't want to do the switch each year... You also get the lower sport suspension... which you'd spend a lot of money to duplicate later... Other than that, I like Xenons, but not necessary..

You'd always have those summer tires to put back on the car when you sell it, or turn in the lease....

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    No thats a good deal. I just never heard of the out of state charge before. Fwiw Ive seen mats and other accessories pretty cheap on line . You can find them in the back of Roundel amongst other places.
    DL
  • Options
    ***or turn in the lease***

Buying outright. Gonna keep it forever, or at least plan on it... IIRC, I can add the extended maintenance and warranty until 49,xxx miles or up until the 4-year mark.
  • Options
    techieguyalttechieguyalt Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting a new 2005 Alpine White 330i with 1500 miles on it (was a demo car- not a loaner) w/ Leather + Automatic steptronic transmission for $32,500 (MSRP is ~39K).

Good deal? Shoud I go for it? Is getting the demo an ok choice?

TIA
    TGa
  • Options
    newbmw3ownernewbmw3owner Member Posts: 2
    hi i am doing some research on a similar car (2005 325i with heated seats and metallic paint). according to my info (consumer reports) the invoice on the car is 25040 (includes destination and any holdbacks, incentives etc.) and the invoice price for metallic paint (430) and auto (1210). so you paid about 6% over invoice which is acceptable. i was quoted a price of 26970 for metallic and heated seats which is about 4% profit for the dealer. in the end it just matters if you are happy!
  • Options
    newbmw3ownernewbmw3owner Member Posts: 2
    sounds like a good deal- is the black the metallic black? how do you like it so far? I am hoping to buy one this week.
  • Options
    guest123guest123 Member Posts: 27
    I posted my previous message in the wrong section. What is the typical
    discount on the 05 330 now? Internet prices are around $5500 less
    than MSRP for a 330i with automatic and premium package. I would expect
    the incentives to be more now that the 2006 model is out.
    Is the 2005 a better buy? Or will I get hit with a low trade in after 3 or 4 years because it's the last year of the model?
  • Options
    The incentive on the '05 330i sedan is $4200.. A good target price would be $6500-$7500 off MSRP....

I would suggest leasing.. that way you lock in your resale value...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    carnagcarnag Member Posts: 42
    Do you know the residual and MF for an '05 330 by chance? And are they going for around 6k-7k off MSRP?

3 year/30k
  • Options
    '05 330i...

3yr/45K

Residual 52%

MF .00225

$4200 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator