Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What stage of the car buying process are you in right now?

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in General
What stage of the car buying process are you in right now?

What stage of the car buying process are you in right now? 54 votes

Planning to buy within the next few days
18%
knm42002raymond01jaikaiupupandaway7captain303hondalady88briannj_lizziesaxeglynonestacat 10 votes
Planning to buy within the next few weeks
20%
brack47roadburnersamny1westcstsunsetwedgecarjk83mathicbitdadychrisram88bnaiktwodice1 11 votes
Planning to buy within the next few months
20%
eliasgreg128steverwlbrown9xwesxvirgiesmombarkleinfelinos11nbjsbrowngandroidpecci 11 votes
Just bought a car within the last few weeks
12%
driver100explorerx4plashenickorangeman99limaechoechojane76kokolo 7 votes
Not currently planning to buy
27%
abacomikebwiacdnpinheadClairesjpp75jwilliams2Karen_SkyfdxstickguynyccarguyPF_Flyerray80oldbearcatmlevineMichaell 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A little side note - a reporter is looking to talk with someone who sold or traded in a car and bought a truck or SUV within the past month. If you're willing to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Friday, February 27, 2015.
  • Options
    kokolokokolo Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a car within the last few weeks
    I just bought a 2007 BMW 320 from mobile.de ... and I am very happy with it...
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited February 2015
    I'm in the "avoid car dealerships because i might accidentally buy a new stickshift Corvette" stage.
    Or a chevy SS stickshift. Or a GMC Canyon stickshift.
    Or Chevy Cruze LS stick - I may buy another one of those.
    Or a volvo XC90 - the new one is awesome - and with automatic transmission.. XC90 is/was/will-be the safest USA production vehicle ever. total safety pioneers, those Volvo moose-test engineers, truly awesome. (I thrashed a few 2004 xc90s at Lime Rock and put plenty of highway miles on one.)

ok, back to the 'chronic car buyers' forum, AB see ya...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Too bad there's not a slot for @suydam.

Wonder how many other buyers recently woke up and said, "I think I'll buy a car today"?

(and yes, I have been to two dealers recently).
  • Options
    lizziesaxelizziesaxe Member Posts: 2
    Planning to buy within the next few days
    We are in desperate need of a car, but with a low budget it is almost impossible to get one. We need one "yesterday". Beware of Craigslist-full of scams. Used car dealers are little better :( Due to a number of ridiculous experiences, I am considering writing an article about what we have been going through. Research, research, research!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you are under 35 and recently bought a car to accommodate your growing family, please email PR@edmunds.com before Monday, March 30. 2015 to be interviewed.