Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005/2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee & Wagoneer

Comments

• boredbored Posts: 300
    The Wagoneer is longer.
  • I thought it was the Grand Cherokee redesign too, but that's what they called it. I gave this topic both names because I can't be sure, since I really can't tell how long the wheelbase is in this photo. The Wagoneer is supposed to be a stretched version of the Grand Cherokee, allowing for a third-row seat. Originally DC/Jeep was considering the new Durango platform, but has revised that decision.

If I were to bet on it, I'd say this is just the '05 Grand Cherokee and not the Wagoneer. Popular Mechanics has been wrong before.
  • My dealer just told me tonight NO 3rd SEAT in the GJC BUT THERE WILL BE A HEMI... YEA
  • What's a "GJC"? Oh, a GRAND Jeep Cherokee...

Anyway, we already know there won't be a third row seat in the JGC, hence the reason for the Wagoneer.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Are there any better shots of the upcoming Jeep Wagoneer and the upcoming Jeep Grand Cherokee for us to see?
  • That blue pic is a PhotoShopped version of the current JGC with elements added that resemble the spy shots. There are better quality spy shots on thecarconnection website, as well as more pics at autosinsider. I don't dare put the links, for fear of having this post deleted, due to "promoting" another website that has automotive forums.
  • Yea, those were photoshopped
    were just current Grand Cherokee with a Jeep Compass front fascia slapped on.
  • Has anyone heard when in 2005 this vechical we be out?

I figure if they have the test vechical in the magazines then hopefully it will be out soon. So no 3rd seat right? Hemi 5.7 yes?
    third row seat will go to the upcoming Grand Wagoneer, details on that aren't out there on the net. Hemi I think is going in, as previous posts have probably said.
  • That "exclusive" spy photo is as fake as Big Foot and Loch Ness Beast. It's a current GC with enlarged headlights.
  • FYI,

The 2005 Grand Cherokee will have 3rd row seating and stretched wheel base midyear. The name of the vehicle is still up in the air. The Wagoneer name is no longer a consideration. Wagoneer will continue to be a package available (dealer installed) on the Liberty (wood panels), and is being considered for a dealer installed package on the 2005 Grand Cherokee.

It's possible the 2005 will be called Cherokee, and the stretched version will be called Grand Cherokee, just as the minivans are designated by wheelbase size.
    The only problem is that the Liberty is still called Cherokee overseas. If Cherokee is the name used, the Liberty/Cherokee would be renamed Pioneer overseas.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Is the Jeep Cherokee (replaced by Liberty) with a facelift. Nothing special. :)
    is the old Cherokee with a new grille. They didn't bother to move the spare tire! There's plood on the front dash, if you squint at the picture of the interior with the seats down.
  • Hi-- I am looking at getting a used 03-04 JGC. Am concerned that it will be so outdated by the time the new models come out and am curious as to what the new ones look like... Also, I am thinking of maybe getting a Liberty Renegade or something else... any advise?
  • russlarussla Posts: 74
    What is to become of the axles on the JGC 2005? will the Jeep go the way of the Land Rover and Liberty? I've read the 2005 disco will loose the solids in favor of IFS and IRS, The photos of the Jeep rescue are SFA, will that be rig to get if you want luxury and capability? I was in the market for either a JGC or Disco, and like every ting about the disco except how I fit in it and the traction control, (I like quadra drive better so a JGC is in the works for me), just seeing if I should wait for the incentives to get better than $3500 on a new one, or buy low mileage used?
  • Jeep has confirmed that the all-new 2005 Grand Cherokee will be unveiled at the New York Autoshow in mid-April. They sure have tried hard to keep it under wraps but everyone will finally get to see the real thing.
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    that's exciting. i have been waiting forever to see the new Grand Cherokee
  • tloke1tloke1 Posts: 185
    A couple of fairly revealing photos are on that link I listed above (Post # 20). They show the entire side and rear unmasked.
  • The follow can from DC CEO today -

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- CEO Dieter Zetsche says Chrysler group product planners considered a seven-seat Grand Cherokee but quickly rejected it.

Loyal buyers want a five-seat version, he said at a press event here. So the company will produce a separate nameplate with its own identity and sheet metal. That vehicle will debut about 12 months after the 2005 Grand Cherokee goes into production this fall.

"There was strong agreement that the important characteristics of the Grand Cherokee are its nimbleness and compact dimensions," Zetsche said. "We definitely did not want to sacrifice those."
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    Did anyone see 20/20 on Monday night? It was about common Myths and they did a segment on if SUV's are really safer than cars.

But at the beginning of the show, there was a clip of an SUV on a test track and it looked like a new Jeep; possibly the 2005 G/C. I'll try to take pictures and post.

Did anyone see this show? Maybe you have it on Tivo?
  • jrosasmcjrosasmc Posts: 1,704
    What's going to happen to the old 4.0-liter straight six? Will it continue in the '05 JGC?

This is the vehicle I saw on 20/20.

What do you think?
    That is the 1999 Commander concept, but interesting that ABC would have had that footage. How long was the clip, just a couple seconds?
    I thought I had something here. Yes, the clip was very brief - maybe 3 seconds.
  • bretaabretaa Posts: 130
    ...supposedly, the new G/C exterior is somewhat based on the Commander design, correct? So reexamining that concept might not be such a bad idea...

- Bret
    Go to the link mentioned in post # 20 and you will see a very clear shot of the new 2005 model, the entire side and back, uncamouflaged.
This discussion has been closed.