Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Infiniti G35

Comments

• Options
    wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    pajackpajack Member Posts: 32
    WOW..I have been waiting for those pics for so long...man...

I think the tail lights on 2004 model look better, but it seems like the Aerodynamic Body Kit w/Rear Spoiler of the 2004 model goes with the car as standard!!!
    Good job!!!

The interior has not changed a lot...

Get the 2004 G35x on 13th for $300 under invoice...
  • Options
    that as well as the interior and exterior changes, the 2005 cars are going to have more horsepower and torque.
  • Options
    lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    People keep saying that, but it looks pretty significant to me. The gauges look much better, and the center stack looks 1000% better, probably because it actually is what it was doing a very poor job of imitating before.
  • Options
    briancalgarybriancalgary Member Posts: 10
    Hi. I live in Calgary, Canada. I stopped by one and only dealer here in Calgary and heard that we would expect the delivery of first production of 2005 G35 in late October or early November. The sales person told me I should order one right away to get it as soon as it becomes available. But the price he gave was MSRP + upto CAD$1,500(Apprx. US$1,100) increase. He thinks MSRP is the best price I can get because of short supply.

Is there anyone who ordered 2005 G35?

Brian
  • Options
    bigbadboss101bigbadboss101 Member Posts: 54
    The salesman told me the same thing, but the 6MT will be in closer to January or Feburary. Might see if I can swing a deal on the 2004.
  • Options
    briancalgarybriancalgary Member Posts: 10
    The salesperson I met yesterday offered me $400~$500 off MSRP for the 2004. It's totally ridiculous for older model, I think.

Brian
  • Options
    bigbadboss101bigbadboss101 Member Posts: 54
    $500 off? I thought the US guys are paying near invoice? They only have ONE 6MT for the sedan on the lot as I was told. So instead of testing the auto sedan, we took a 6MT Coupe out. NICE!!! Do the Sedans handle similarly well? $47k for the 6MT coupe, and probably $44k for the Sedan but don't have one in stock beside the one in the showroom.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Member Posts: 23
    Can someone tell me if invoice plus $1000 a fair price for a 2004
    G35 coupe AT with premium package and wheels? It's a quote in the San Francisco Bay Area.
  • Options
    Prices for Coupes tend to say fairly high in California compared to the rest of the country. There are plenty of dealers in the Bay Area. Pick a couple outside of S.F. and San Jose and ask for their best price. Then you can play them off against each other.
  • Options
    roninronin Member Posts: 7
    I was awed by the new 2003 G35. Because of the hype and baloney by the upper echelon of Nissan I paid MSRP in March 2002. So far I have had 13 problems, recalls, etc. (see my postings in problems). Never pay MSRP. Don't fall for the short supply con. The 2004 does not have the problems like the 2003. May be the 2005 will have less problems. If the car was so great, why does Nissan have to wait until October to sell new sedans and the end of the year for coupes? To get the bugs out? How come Lexus sells new models after Labor Day?
  • Options
    jjeyjjey Member Posts: 14
    I am from Toronto and looking for 2004 G35 and dealer is giving me invoice ($38265) + $1200 but I haven't talked to them yet. I would negociate for invoice!!!
  • Options
    smazzy4smazzy4 Member Posts: 16
    quoted $800 over invoice but I think I can get $500 over. This is for a coupe auto in texas.
  • Options
    mkfxmkfx Member Posts: 26
    go to g35driver.com. there is a post there that has the updates for the 05 coupe and sedan.

quickly the coupe gets more power, improved interior and new wheels.
    the sedan gets revised tailights, new interior new leather colors and revised facia, with color lower body moldings
  • Options
    gachangachan Member Posts: 12
    I have given up my attempt to purchase the 2004 G35 6MT because I can't get the color I want and they are only willing to take $1200 off the MSRP. (I live in So Cal) Here are my questions:
    1) Does anyone know the MSRP on the 2005 6MT?
    2) Should I order one from the dealer?
    3) Should I put a deposit down if I order?

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    You can order a 2005 but no-one at dealership level knows the pricing yet. Bear in mind tht the 2005 6MT isn't even going into production until November so it's going to be December until any hit the showrooms.

Which dealerships have you tried in Southern California? What colour are you looking for?
  • Options
    I've been talking to the dealership in Torrance, California. I was going to get the desert platinum, but saw that it might not be available. I like silver but seems like a lot of people already have that color.
  • Options
    There's nothing in Southern California in that colour except for a $37,100 car in San Diego.
    If you fancy a road trip to get your car (or get it shipped down - should cost $300 of so), Niello Infiniti in Concord (east of San Francisco) has a desert platinum / graphite 6MT with premium package and splash guards for $33810 MSRP. They've got a pretty good reputation for dealing. Their website is http://www.nielloinfiniti.com/index.asp

An alternative, if you want to buy in So. Cal. is diamond graphite. There's a few of those around
  • Options
    Thanks. I think I am not pretty set on gettin the 2005. Just wished there was more info out there, ie price.
  • Options
    Keep an eye on http://www.infinitinews.com. As soon as pricing is released it will be on there.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Member Posts: 20
    Come on guys. Of course they will tell you, Better order it now.....

Just wait. If you can... When they have 6 of them on the lot. They will let them go for less.
    When they have none. They will tell you, Oh they are hard to get. We are only getting 2. Better order yours now.

Screw them. You can order it from anyone. Try Texas. If you save 4k its worth flying down there and driving it home. Or have them fax you the paper work and truck it to your front door. Nothing is set in stone until you accept the vehicle. I even had a dealer try some BS with me. He told me after I signed the paper work that the deal is done. I told him no its not. You still have to get alot of aftermarket gear on my car. The service dept will get on it. Because if they don't you don't have a sale. If I don't drive that car off the lot its still yours. As much as he wanted me to take it home and bring it back to be serviced so I would enjoy the car before the parts came it. I think I hurt his little feelings. LOLOLOL What he said would take weeks. Took 2 days. He had everything flow in over night.

So don't go crazy. Let them work for you.
    The dealer 10 miles from my house has 7 350Z. The other has 4 or 5 G35 coupes. They will pay me to buy one. Just think from their side for a second.
    They need to unload them to make way for the 2005. Even though 350Z will have nothing done for them in 2005. The 2004 have most of the bugs worked out. The G35 dealers are sweating. 4 months to go before 2005. Just look inside of the drivers side door for the delivery date. The dealers pay a monthly charge. So I the G35 was there since Jan and they have another one with a August date. You can get the better deal on the Jan. Good luck. And please make them work for you. Oh! You get to sell a 2004 if the 2005's come it.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Please visit our discussion called Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience to talk about purchase price & experience with the 2004 model. This discussion is dedicated to sharing news & info about the upcoming model year.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    rconnorrconnor Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if there will be something other than the tan headliner? I would expect with the addition of grey leather the would add at least a grey headline for the black and grey leather.
  • Options
    is available here;

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/deptog.asp?dept%5Fid=56

Interesting read for anyone who is considering a 2005 G35. No registration is needed, just click on the icons to the left of the date to either read it online or download it.
  • Options
    bigfoot1bigfoot1 Member Posts: 1
    bigfoot would also love to have a copy
       blairrob@yahoo.ca

thanks in advance
  • Options
    For those who haven't seen the latest info from Infiniti. The 2005 automatic sedan and coupe will have 280hp. The 6MT sedan and coupe will have 298hp.
  • Options
    lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    Posted on the Nissan News site today:

Infiniti G35 Sedan

The 2005 G35 sedan continues with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year, including a restyled exterior, upgraded interior and additional horsepower.

The exterior features include a new hood and trunk, new front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights. The changes to the interior include a new, even higher quality look and feel with the use of real aluminum trim and new available Rosewood trim, along with a redesigned instrument panel and console area.

The G35 sedan’s standard 3.5-liter V6 engine now offers 280 hp and 270 ft-lb of torque, increases of 20 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque for automatic transmission equipped models. The G35 6MT model with close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission receives 38 additional horsepower to 298 hp.

Other changes include the addition of larger brake rotors and a revised Sport-Tuned Suspension Package (which now includes 18-inch wheels and tires and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential) and the addition of mp3 playback capability to the already standard 6-disc CD changer, manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel (with available power function) and available Infiniti Intelligent Key system.

Enhancements to the 2005 G35 Sedan include:

· Revised exterior, designed to convey sporty character and match vehicle’s dynamic performance
    · New hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, side sills
    · Revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights
    · New exterior colors – Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand
    · Additional 20 horsepower (5AT), additional 38 horsepower (6MT)
    · 18-inch wheels and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential on Sport-Tuned Suspension Package
    · Larger diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
    · Available Intelligent Key system
    · New, high quality interior look and feel with refined materials and textures, including real aluminum and available straight-grained Rosewood trim
    · Redesigned instrument panel and console
  • Options
    Can the host or anyone else working for Edmunds let me know what the rules are for posting items copied from other sites? Just for my future reference. Thanks.
  • Options
    rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    It looks like the bumped the HP. The preliminary specs for the 05 sedan were 277HP. At least it's now an even number!!!
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    For 2005 Nissan release information mentions:

"5-speed automatic transmission features downshift rev matching"

Anyone know if the G35 will also include this feature?

I believe that (aside from a few VERY high priced exotics) the Audi w/DSG is the only current production car that provides such a 'throttle blip' on automatic (or at least clutch-less) downshifts.
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Thinking this could substantially improve smoothness in this area - as well as provide audio entertainment . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hey wibble, thanks for asking -
    You can basically copy & paste what we call "quotes of a reasonable length" from other websites. I interpret that to mean no more than a paragraph, or generally enough to figure out what the gist of the article is.

If it's specs from a manufacturer's website with no quotes or review attached, well, we tend to let that go.

We had a minor change in policy a few months back, and you can now post links to articles on other automotive sites, even ones that host message boards. What you still can't do is to promote other message boards or link directly to the message boards. But linking to articles is fine. Hope this helps!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Thanks. I didn't want to step on anyones toes!
  • Options
    snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    I'm not sure I understand; all automatics and "clutchless" automatics (aka semiautomatics, aka manumatics, aka sportshift...) blip throttle on downshifts to match revs. It's only on true-blue manuals where the work is left to the driver. The Audi dual-clutch system, from what I've read, handles this (and upshifts) in a more refined way, approximating the smoothness of a slushbox while maintaining the rapid-fire gear shifts of a manual.

Can you provide a link to the article you're talking about?
  • Options
    hammer2hammer2 Member Posts: 1
    HI all I am going to order a 2005 next week, I was just wondering if anyones ordered one and why type of deal you can get by pre-ordering one, if any. Looking for 6mt preimum package mainly. The 2004 retails for 34600 so the 2005 should be 36k or so. Any Idea on what I sould offer and expect would be appricated.
  • Options
    Seeing as the 6MT cars are not going to be at dealers until December 2004 at the earliest and they are likely to be in very high demand I would imagine you'll be looking at very little discount. The pricing is due to br released by Infiniti on 9/21) so I've heard.
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    The link:

http://www.nissannews.com/nissan/news/products/20040109_82050.doc

Although the rpm certainly do rise when a lower gear is selected in an automatic trans. vehicle (man-u-matic or otherwise) this is typically more akin to allowing the clutch to bring the revs up when downshifting a manual trans. Not a very elegant solution from several viewpoints.

A few (the Audi and a few higher priced imports) have developed a mechanism to produce the throttle ‘blip’ via interaction between the trans. control computer and the ‘throttle by wire’ aspect of the engine management computer.

- Ray
    Without such a feature on my 2003 Lincoln LS Sport . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    Will it be possible to special order an 05 G35 sedan with the premium package but WITHOUT sunroof?
  • Options
    Unfortunately not. It is one of the annoying things about the G35 premium package.
  • Options
    Thanks. That stinks. So I'd have to go with the base model, which I understand has a non-power driver seat. Does the base driver seat at least have a height adjustment?
  • Options
    The base model sedan for 2005 has the same power seats on the driver and passenger side as the premium package car. The only thing you'll going to miss out on as far as the seats go is the memory settings on the drivers seat.
  • Options
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    bachfirebachfire Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if the "Premium Package" for the 2005 G35 Coupe will include memory seat settings for the driver's seat? This feature has been available in the sedan but never in the coupe through 2004.
  • Options
    According to the documentation I've seen so far it looks like no memory still.
  • Options
    From another web-site. I'm posting this here because it might be useful for anyone wanting a 2005 Coupe with 19" wheels.

"1. There was a limited number available in the first allocation and There will be none available in the second allocation.

2. In the first allocation the Western Region will receive 169 total units

3. In the first allocation the Central Region will receive 142 units

4. In the first allocation the Eastern Region will receive ZERO units

That is a total of 311 units for the entire nation"
  • Options
    Will it be possible -- by special order if nothing else -- to get an '05 automatic sedan with leather but no premium packages (i.e. no sunroof)?
  • Options
    I don't know what the build plans are but you should be able to order a base 2005 G35 sedan that will have the leather but no sunroof. Your local dealer should have their initial allocation on file already. I may be worth checking to see what is coming in.
  • Options
    The sedan spec says nothing about tilt/telescope steering wheel on the base model.... hope that's a mistake!!
  • Options
    The base model will have a manual tilt/telescope steering wheel.
This discussion has been closed.